No announcement yet.

My Primal Journal - his_chick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to try Meatzza too. Pizza is (apparently) a huge weakness for me but I have yet to venture into meatzza land...let me know if you find any good recipes!

Also I ate a bunch of "gluten free" baked goods this weekend at a party. THEY ARE GROSS! They all just substitute nasty rice flour and other grain flours, and I'm like if you're going to eat something that makes you feel crappy, it may as well TASTE good. No point in eating it otherwise

I had no idea what silverbeet was either. Swiss Chard is one of my top 5 veggies by far.

Comment

• I get most of my recipes on chowstalker.com. This website has opened a new world of primal eating. They also have desert stalker.com

Comment

• Sounds fantastic. I love new recipe places.

Another great day, I'm really enjoying the new challenges facing me at work.

Today's eats:
        Breakfast: bacon and poached eggs. Black tea.
        Morning Tea: can of sundried tomato tuna.
        Lunch: subway salad bowl with roast beef.
        Afternoon tea: 9 pieces of 85% dark chocolate, 1/2 avocado, and a poached egg.
        Dinner: Sicilian lamb- loin chops with garlic in a garlic minted sauce with potato gratin and tossed salad. Mmm...
        Dessert: splurged and suffered for it but it was definitely amazing. chocolate toblerone cheesecake. Mmm. Mmm. Black tea.

A. very.yummy. day. DDD
        Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
        - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
        - People comment that my skin is glowing.
        - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
        - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Comment

• Home again!!
          Had another great day at work today. Brave, stoic children make my work easier.
          Breakfast: lamb chops with poached eggs.
          Morning tea: red capsicum, Moroccan tuna, carrot and an avocado.
          Lunch: broccoli, carrot, garlic butter and egg and sundried tomatoes.
          Dinner: hearty beef and vegetable soup with 10g butter and an egg stirred through.

Went a little overboard on the g+b 85% today. Almost ate a whole block since last night. Eeek! Gonna hafta reign that in.
          Didn't track today or yesterday and I'm finding I'm stressing a lot less about the numbers. I did however indulge with cheesecake last night and g+b today so I haven't given my body a very good stress free platform from which to start losing some weight.
          Hoping over the next week to see some changes in my clothes.
          Last edited by his_chick; 06-20-2012, 01:36 AM.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• If your finding that you're having a lot of sugar cravings, consider eating some fruit to help with that. For a long time, I really liked having a smoothie for dessert. I found that helped me a lot when I was starting out. I use lots of coconut milk (the creamy stuff from the can, not the watered down stuff from the carton) and then whatever fruit (although berries are best for weight loss, cuz they're the lowest in sugars), and I also use sugar-free (stevia sweetened) vanilla protein powder - to make sure I'm getting enough protein as sometimes I found it hard to eat enough to actually eat enough protein.

If you want smoothie recipes let me know! I have a bunch that taste just like dessert - but are good for you!

By the way, your food intake looks a lot more satisfying now! Nice work! The best part about primal is letting go of the counting and just enjoying eating clean, healthy and yummy food!
            Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
            My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
            Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• Thursday!
              Back to normality with work and home life. Really enjoyed the little break. Puts things in perspective.
              Breakfast: silverbeet, zucchini, 2 eggs, sundried tomatoes, pumpkin and a little butter.
              Morning Tea: red capsicum, smoked tuna, avocado, celery sticks.
              Lunch: egg, mixed salad (cos lettuce, capsicum, tomato, celery, sundried tomatoes, cucumber) with Mexican style tuna and avocado.
              Afternoon Tea: a little ham, a banana and a mandarine. Black tea.
              Dinner: yellowfin tuna steaks with steamed veges and butter.
              Dessert: mixed berries, cocoa, coconut, dark chocolate. Yummy!

Writing it all down makes it look like I've eaten sooo much food. Just love food.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• Friday.

Busy busy day.
                Breakfast: steamed veges (broccoli, zucchini, silverbeet, tomato, pumpkin) with butter and yellowfin tuna.
                Morning Tea: red capsicum, smoked tuna, 1/2 avocado, celery sticks, banana
                Lunch: mixed salad (cos lettuce, tomato, capsicum, avocado, sundried tomatoes) with yellowfin tuna steaks
                Afternoon Tea: some g+b dark chocolate, celery sticks.
                Dinner: went to a friends house and although dinner wasn't primal in the least I chose to enjoy the company and enjoy being waited on. Gnocchi with mushroom sauce and crumbed lamb cutlets.
                Dessert: cut up watermelon and grapes. 2 black teas.

Had a restless sleep and I noticed that my tummy felt a lot more bloated.
                :|

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• Weekend Love!
                  Saturday
                  Started well, hubby went fishing in the morning so I was home for most of the day on my own, not that, that is a trouble I just tend to boredom eat a lot more without someone there to bounce my boredom off.
                  Also took the time to find some local produce farmers stalls to buy fresh from. I think I was a lot cheaper, tomatoes were only $3 for 2 kilos which is much cheaper than the normal supermarkets.
                  Breakfast: 2 eggs, 4 slices of bacon, steamed spinach, cooked tomato and mushrooms. Sat and watch an episode of my favourite tele show too!
                  Morning Tea/ Snacks: rest of the g+b dark chocolate, 2 apples, 2 cups of black tea, quarter of a wheel of sweet chilli cream cheese.
                  Dinner: BBQ chicken with steamed veges and 2 eggs. Small handful of almonds.
                  I was feeling a little lonely and left out on Saturday which probably added to my snacky feelings. Being alone meant that I was able to do lots of things around the house but I was missing the noise and prescence of being with people so I went over to my in laws and spent some time there.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• Sunday!

Breakfast: 2 eggs with steamed greens and butter.
                    Morning Tea: tea at my Mums, I didn't eat anything... I dont think I did. Whoops. Have to say thats the downside to not tracking as I go. Might have to start tracking in words only.
                    Lunch: egg, bacon, spinach salad with tomato and capsicum.
                    Dinner: roast pork with crackling and roast veges, steamed silverbeet and broccoli.
                    Dessert: steamed apple and blueberries with thickened cream and a spoonful of custard. Black tea too.

I'm not losing. Admittedly I did have chocolate and cheesecake this past week but it's definately frustrating me how little effect my dietary changes have had on my metabolism. So disappointed I don't have a success story. Meh!.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• You don't have a lot to lose, so it might be slower to see results, especially if your not 100% - which is fine, slow and steady, I say. Have you by any chance taken any measurements? Are your clothes feeling any looser? Instead of looking at the scale, how do you feel about eating primal?

Also how's your fitness? Are you trying out more primal forms of exercise? A bit of strength training, occasional sprints, and some good slow movements like walking/hiking? Or are you doing cardio?
                      Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
                      My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
                      Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• Just read a quote on Pinterest that says: 'don't be upset about the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do'. I suppose I was just expecting that my diet changes and boot camp sessions twice a week along with incidental exercise each day would be enough to help lose weight through metabolism changes.
                        Evidently not. I popped the button off my pants at work yesterday. So embarrassed. I'm trying to be a good example for others with the changes I've made to my diet and attitude toward food and exercise but I'm definately letting myself down by not getting out there and doing more functional exercise like the LHT or walking.
                        I may not be 100%, 100% of the time but I hope to think I'm really doing well. I definately feel better within myself. I'm loving my meals and the options available and that primal has given me a spark I didn't have before.
                        My pants are actually tighter. Hence the button pop. It may be just continual bloating but it is noticeable. I haven't weighed myself although I do have a weigh in a boot camp tonight so I'll be able to know for sure.
                        So. Aims for this week.
                        1. Despite feeling heavier and tighter in my clothes don't let that discourage the healthier habits ive managed.
                        2. Get out and do some more activity. Walk to the shops instead of using the car if I need to.
                        3. Drink more water.
                        4. Keep noticing the positives- like a clearer mind, clearer skin and the enjoyment that eating healthy whole, real foods gives.

Monday's breakdown:
                        Breakfast: roast pork, broccoli, silverbeet, tomato, zucchini, 2 eggs.
                        Morning Tea: banana, red capsicum, roast pork, 1/2 tomato.
                        Lunch: roast pork with roast veges, silverbeet and broccoli.
                        Afternoon Tea: can of salmon and small amount corned beef
                        Dinner: big salad with iceberg lettuce, tasty and feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, a boiled egg. A small apple.
                        Resisted the hot chips at th football and said a happy 'no thanks' to the offer of an ice cream.
                        A happy day.
                        Booked in at the Dr's finally. Appointment this Saturday to request to get my hormone levels checked and ask if there are any issues stopping me losing weight although I think he will encourage me just keep trying.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• Wow. Just read over my reply above and it sounds so scatter brained. Happy- sad- happy- sad.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• Ok. So regardless of the little pep talk I gave myself yesterday I still didn't get out of bed for a run/ walk early this morning. Major let down of self motivation.

Tuesday's eats:
                            Breakfast: 2 eggs, silverbeet, zucchini, broccoli and a little tomato paste concentrate for extra flavour.
                            Morning Tea: can of sundried tomato and rosemary tuna, 1/2 tomato and 1/3 red capsicum.
                            Lunch: last of the roast pork, broccoli, silverbeet and some carrots.
                            Dinner: 100g or so of grilled chicken, steamed carrot, silverbeet and broccoli.
                            Dessert: 1/2- serve of mixed berries.

Fall out from boot camp is that I've added another kilo of scale weight to my frame. As discussed yesterday my clothes are still tight and I've not been exercising as I must need to to kick start the fat loss. Not totally stuck on the scale weight but I do agree with hubby that for my current level of activity I may need to reduce the quantity of food to accommodate less exercise. Going to really improve the quality so that I don't lose any of the good gains I've made through primal, both mental and emotional. I've been getting so frustrated with my body and it shows through me being snappy and short tempered. I've never handled confrontation very well and the frustration on top is spinning me out. Until I see some improvements I'm going to attempt to reduce my frequency of eating back down to 3 meals a day rather than 6 or 7 where I currently am. It'll be tough because work is so focused on eating at meal breaks.

Today is my last day at my current work location before I move along to a smaller clinic next week. I'm happy to be moving along but at the same time a little nervous. I'm also expecting a huge spread of 'goodies' at morning tea today and am a little concerned about how to seem grateful and celebratory if I don't eat very much of it. Eek! My current strategy is to say thank you with a smile and try to put it away 'for later'.
                            Wish me luck!

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• Morning All,

Wednesday went well. I was blessed with a farewell morning tea in my honour as I am moving clinics at work. I was greeted with a huge beautiful strawberry mud cake and several dip and crackers with cheese and cabannosi platters.
                              I'm very pleased to announce that I stayed as close as I could to primal and strongly maintained my resolve. From the smorgasbord I had a few slices of cabannosi topped with some sweet chilli cream cheese, avocado, and pesto dips and a strawberry. I also tried some cashew, cranberry and pomegranate clusters before realising they were cashews.
                              I took home some cake 'for later' but I don't feel tempted or worried about no eating it.
                              I ate my grilled chicken salad for lunch and chose to IF through to breakfast this morning.

I've woken this morning feeling great, although a little light headed.
                              Happy that I didn't feel the need to eat the cake or crackers and please that I only had the small amounts that I did.

Since beginning Primal:

Comment

• Wow his_chick! Impressive! And it sounds like you did it all without offending your very thoughtful coworkers! So much of this change has been difficult for me because food is such a sensitive subject for people and sharing it usually comes from so much good intention and thought, and I am really happy that you were able to find a way to accept it and be grateful without sabotaging your progress!

what is cabannosi?

Comment

Working...
                                X