The Primalistic Heathen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Primalistic Heathen

Getting this going. Will update later in the day.

A1C 5.8 (3/31/12)

Breakfast: 1/2 cup grapes, 1 cup coffee w/2 splenda

Break 1: Steamed veggi medley, 1/2 cup grapes and tuna in extra virgin olive oil.

Lunch: Krogers Crab Select flavored with surimi, Del Monte Peas and Carrots
    Last edited by Torc; 03-31-2012, 11:21 AM.

Welcome.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

careful of the surimi, generally made with wheat flour!

Comment

That is unfortunate. Found it is a bit difficult to buy primal in a pinch. I was getting my food for work and being new to this I did alot of wandering around. Kind of like the first time I went grocery shopping after getting the diabetic news.

Comment

Weigh in: 295

Breakfast:
          1.5 Bannana pancake (from the free primal cookbook.)
          3 fried eggs
          1/2 bannana

Snack
          Handful of raw almonds and salted cashews.
          1 cup black medium roast coffee

Break:
          1 cup stirfry (egg, zucchini , celery, broccoli flourets)
          1 cup boiled broccoli
          water

Lunch:
          1 cup stirfry (egg, zucchini , celery, broccoli flourets)
          1 cup boiled broccoli
          water

Break:

1 Bananna

Evening

2 Cup Ratatouille
          Last edited by Torc; 04-03-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Still narrowing down the pantry. Kind of difficult as I am the only one working on it. Need to get a heads up on what oils, in detail, are recommended and not recommended.

Comment

Hit the flea market for veggies, bringing home cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, spinach, cucumbers, mushrooms, green onions, green peppers, tomatoes, bananas, and plumbs.

Over the weekend we went out to a BBQ joint and I avoided the breads and other primal unfriendly options and ate plenty of bacon Italian green beans with the meet. I will make sure, though, to not get the sampler. Even with two eating, that is a whole lot of food. Sunday was cleaning day, so cooking was out. Had a Goetta omelet for breakfast, big as salad for lunch and wings (sadly breaded) for supper.

This morning I made a sausage, mushroom and tomato frittata. And for work, another big assed salad, stir fried veggies, and likely sardines.

Comment

Got out and walked the neighborhood for 45 mins.

Comment

Got a chance to weigh myself while out on a road trip. 289! That's 11 pounds less than my last holding weight and 6 lbs since my last weigh in.

Comment

Ok, back once again after 4 months.

I maintained a fairly paleo diet over the months, dropping down to less than 280.

Finances took a hit and food got low, so we had to make due with what we could afford, fortunately veggies were within the budget thanks to the local flea market produce guy.So I have been off track for a bit and I have noticed a great deal of difference and I'm not happy about it. So I need to get off the "civilized" wagon and head back for the Paleo side.

My breafast was a double yoke turkey egg (Though our turkey was a male until the sudden arrival of eggs) and 4 sausage links (not the best option on the links tho)

I took to the trails and hiked around the lake out the state park and do trash clean up along the way. Then grabbed a pack of almonds to snack on.

Food for the work day consists of Savory Seafood Primal(without the seafood ), a spinach salad with tomatoes, red sweet peppers, and onions, and a bowl of Shepherds pie. The Pie is my last non paleo food I will be eating.

Now, to just keep the wifey on board after I get home.

Comment

Less than three months have passed and with some major changes in life I have had wonderful improvements.

I am down to 266#, size 42 jeans. I have been walking on just about every lunch hour and despite falling off the trail for a bit due to finacial sturggles, I am back on track.

Comment

Working...
                      X