No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't take the empty stomach pains so I got up and ate a serving of pork rinds. 80 cal., ZERO carbs! 5 fat and 7 protein. It pushed my protein to 77 grams. My target is 60, with 66 max. So I'm a tad over - but if I can't sleep cuz I'm hungry them something has to give. I'm still only 1288 total calories for the day - minus my walk and I'm at 967. That should show some happiness on the scale!

Pork rinds are gone and I'm still feeling hungry............ but need to go to bed! its 1 AM. UGH.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Cup of beef broth?
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yay for making it longer on the walk!
        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Hi Tomi. Checking in. I hope you're having a great day today!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Whats up with the site today? I posted a nice long story in my journal earlier and it got lost in cyber space! UGH! And SLOW to post! holy cow!!!! they must be doing some maintenance or there is a glitch in the system somewhere..............
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yeah, I'm having problems too.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• ooh I thought the slowness was just me.

Comment

• today was good! I didn't walk until the end of the day - hubby went with me and we walked the entire loop - 2.25 miles! in the dark, and it started to rain just as we got back to our driveway! what timing!!!

Food was good again! I'm 9 days in with no sugar and no alcohol - no grains either. I'm feeling really good too. Someone brought some cakey-puddingy thing to work and tried to get me to have some - I turned it down!

Food for the day -
                  1 egg + 2 yolks in 2 TB butter
                  6 oz fish with steamed veggies.

Total calories: 1060
                  fat - 57%
                  protein - 29%
                  carbs - 11%

I had carrots in the steamed veggies - pushed up the carbs! But over all I think the numbers are good. They are in the range I should be shooting for. And I'm pleased with myself for doing the whole 2.25 miles!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• That looks like a great successful day

Comment

• Seeing you going for those walks I think it's time to remind myself and DH that I proposed to go for a walk every night after dinner. DH very much agreed, but this week it hasn't happened yet. Of course there will be no walking on Wednesday, because we attend 2 classes of CrossFit those nights (1 hour "normal" WOD, 1 hour mobility class afterwards). But there should be no excuses all the other days! Not even today, when DH isn't coming home until very late (he's in Switzerland the whole day), it's finally sunny (and colder), so I should just get going alone! Now! What am I waiting for? Somebody please kick my butt
                      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Tomi, one obstacle I ran into was keeping my calories too low for my activity level which kept anything from happening in the way of weight loss. I'm not saying you are doing that but it is something to be aware of.

I'll be your invisible cheerleader!
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Way to keep walking! You are inspiring me to get my butt moving again too! I'll tell you as soon as I do, so you can pat yourself on the back! HA!
                          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• You guys crack me up!

I want to SHOUT out............. IT'S WORKING!!!!! Cuz the scales today say 181!!!! Its not a lot so far but its moving DOWNWARD! I'm seeing that 179 on the horizon again!

Honeybuns: I don't think I have a "too low" level cuz my metabolism runs like an inch worm! My family is blessed with it! I think I've found my SWEET SPOT cuz I've dropped 4 pounds now - 3 of them just this week. I'm not changing a thing!!!! I might try to walk a bit more. If I could do my 2.25 miles during the day and then do another mile in the evening with hubby or even more - I'd been in good shape! I might still meet my birthday goal!

thanks for the cheers! keep 'em coming.......... I mean, who doesn't love encouragement! .......... right????
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• oh wow............. I just discovered myfitnesspal ticker automatically updates in my journal here............. weird. I don't understand computers. But - awesome anyway!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• So glad that it is working for you!

My personal experience was when I was walking/hiking about 50 miles a week, eating food that didn't even fill a salad plate and GAINING weight. By CW standards it should have been melting off. I didn't mean to imply that your calories were too low, rather that if you hit a plateau you might consider it as a likely culprit

YOU GO, GIRL!!!
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X