No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake by the slice is the way to go. We went out to Braum's for our New Year's Eve sundaes so that I wouldn't have to be looking at the leftovers for two days. Well worth it!

Comment

• Day 2 - Today didn't go quite as planned for the hubbies birthday. I was going to make the curry after work - but ended up working longer than I planned. I was so upset that I didn't get his birthday curry made!!! Made me cry to think I failed him .......... But he's a peach and said not to worry, we'll do it tomorrow. What a guy. I did manage to go to the store on the way home from work and get him a single piece of chocolate cake. He ate it for dessert - but said it wasn't as good as my cakes - which are just cake mixes!!

Didn't weight this morning. Will on Friday. I did an unplanned 24 hour fast. I didn't make the time to eat before I left for work, since I was finishing up the curtains for the 5th wheel, plus cleaning up the livingroom from my sewing frenzy! I had some bills to pay, some dishes to do............ you know - the normal junk. As I left the house for work I'm thinking, "uh oh, forgot to eat" I figured I'd be home in about 3 hours and I'd get something then. But, work was longer than I planned and I didn't get home until nearly 5:30. We ended up eating left over beef hash from last night (yummy!), then I ate some pork rinds. I also had 2 large mugs of green tea with pomagranate and stevia. I'm pleasantly full, but have only had about 900 calories today. Approx %ages = 53/28/11 on the fat/prot/carb chart. As always, on the low side for fat - and on the high side for carbs. Chalk that up to the red spuds in the hash. I tried to get hubby to make it with cauliflower only and no potatoes, but he doesn't quite get the whole nutrutional ketosis thing - nor does he even begin to understand macros. I try to tell him and his eyes glaze over.

No real sugar cravings - but a "hankering" for something "treat-like". We do have oreos - but that didn't even sound good. Basically our house is treat free! There is no sugary food (except the oreos) and no alcohol! Yeah!!!! Feeling good - I wasn't terribly hungry today even though I was fasting. I heard my tummy grumble a couple times. When I got home I ate a peice of home-grown jerky while I finished up my to-do list for the day........... finish the filing for 2012!

I need to get some high fat items that are NOT dairy. Cream cheese crab dip is giving me diarrhea. So I guess cheese cake is permanently off my list of desirable sorta primal desserts. Big bummer! Unless of course, I take a lactaid pill to counteract my lactose intolerance.

So - the 5th wheel is nearly complete - we have one broken curtain tie down thingy that needs to be replaced. I'm gonna try to go the RV parts place tomorrow after work (its my early day) - and then once I have everything in place I will take and post the before and after pics. I also decided to find a suitable wallpaper border to cover the one in the bathroom instead of just removing it - actually hubby decided for me cuz he says its easier to do that then to try to remove all the sticky gunk. He probably right. Just means shopping for paper that works - or trying to find the stuff I ordered before. I may have saved the website info........ humm, need to check that out. It feels pretty dang good to have that project complete!!! And I think it looks amazing! Can't wait to share the pics!

We're starting to make some plans for our vacation. We're going south on the Oregon coast. As far as Gold Beach. There seems to be lots of stuff to do - tide pools, state parks and stuff. It will be cold so not sure how much we'll venture out - plus we'll have the hound dog with us and with his hip dysplasia we won't be able to take him on any long walks. About 4 blocks and he's done in. But it doesn't matter - cuz we have loads of fun just hanging out in the 5th wheel - cooking, playing games, reading and watching movies. I have 5 weeks to be totally sugar and alcohol free! Hopefully I will see a nice drop in my weight in that time. A good 10 pounds would be totally awesome! My plan is to stay MOSTLY sugar free during the trip - but I told hubby I'd take some rum and diet coke for us to enjoy in the evenings. I just need to keep it to a minumum! I need to start thinking about menus so I'm prepared. We'll take some meat from home, and maybe buy some there. There is a good market with a really good meat department, and fresh fish (or so says Travel Advisor) I'm getting excited! I sooooo look forward to our Feb. vacations. This has been a tradition since we first got back together in Feb. of 2000. I was living in Idaho - and we got together for our first weekend at a beach house on the Oregon coast. It was emotionally intense! We barely slept --- we had 20 years to catch up on! We talked and talked and talked! We cried a lot and laughed a lot! Ever since we have counted that weekend as an anniversary and the first weekend of every Feb. we have gotten away for some private time to just enjoy each other. Its always an amazing time together. So, we both look forward to it each year. Last year we spend a week in Washington State along the west side of Discovery Bay, the year before that we took a trip to Florida with a 1 week cruise to the Southern Carribean. We went to Universal Studios and Disney Downtown. Before that, trips to the beach, 2 other cruises, and some I guess I've forgotten! There has been 12 of these Feb. weekends!

The fridge is getting delivered Friday! Can't wait! Hubby discovered that he needs to put a shut off valve on the waterline leading to the ice/water thing on the fridge. So, a trip to Home Depot, and some plumbing for him tomorrow!

Zeus goes in for surgery on Friday. Couldn't get here soon enough cuz that bump on his side is still growing - and starting to get a bit "distorted". It was perfectly round and symetrical but is now forming some bulges and flat spots. Its also red in the center and hot to the touch. Makes me cry to think he may have cancer. UGH! I was NOT going to fall in love with this dog! But he made it impossible not to! He's so darn cute and funny and loving......... No more dogs for me after this!

Tomorrow - work early, with a stop at the bank on the way in (work deposit). Then the RV parts store, then home to start the curry. Better get to bed............. night all. Well, since MOST of you are east of me, I'm sure you're already dreaming
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I think I got confused somewhere or missed something. What's the 5th wheel you keep talking about? I thought it was an RV, but I have no idea.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• 5th wheel is her camper. Some people have been calling it an RV, but it's more like an RT (recreational trailer). It's a pull-behind camper.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Tomi, I hope your dog will be ok.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• DSCF0304.jpg

This is our 5th wheel I haven't take the "after" pics yet - but will this afternoon. So I'll post the transformation later today.

Day 3 went well. total calories: 1250, fat 63%, prot 19%, carbs 16%. I ate nothing but veggies for dinner so that pumped up my carbs a bit too much.

Its nearly noon and I haven't eaten yet. Went to bed last night with a very bloated tummy and enough pain to keep me from sleeping soundly. I woke every hour almost all night and was awake from 3:30 to 4:30 due to a bad dream..........

OH............. my fridge is just being delivered............. later.........
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• fridge is all hooked up and is cooling. Can't fill it with the food until after 5 pm. There is a tiny leak in the water supply that hubby will need to fix tonight - but its really not much. I like it!

Finally getting some food at nearly 1:00 pm - 2 eggs and 3 bacon, scrambled in ALL the bacon grease. YUMMY! My favorite way to eat bacon and eggs is to slice up the bacon, fry it, then drop in scrambled eggs on top - its all the yumminess fried up together!

Zeus is at the vet. He should be done with his surgery and in recovery by now. I need to go pick him up in a few hours. They said call around 3 to see when he'll be ready. I'm worried about him. But they haven't called to say there is any problem so I shouldn't worry about him. Hubby took him in on his way to work - good thing, cuz I would have probably bawled my eyes out. I'm anxious to get him home and make sure he's okay.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• before and after pics........ won't load. I'm told the images are too large. So if someone knows how I can make them smaller - let me know and I'll give it a try. Sorry. I wanted to you to see my handy-work, I'm bummed.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Send pic of fridge too.

Praying for Zeus.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Upload the images one by one to imageshack.us (keep the 640x480 size), copy & paste an [IMG ] code for each photo here.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1195/001re.jpg

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Okay - Tash - I did what you said - lets see if it works!

Edit: it worked! obviously the gross ugly one is the "before"! Why would anyone put that fabric and wallpaper border with that wallboard? Its hideous! I love the "after"! Can't wait to go RVing!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I did the TICKER! thanks Jenn!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• day 4 done. Right on track! Total calories = 1370, fat 64%, prot 22%, carb 14% - yeah! four days into the new year - and my resolution is standing firm!

Anyone know whats happened to Judg? She hasn't posted in quite some time............ probably just spending time with family.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good job on getting all your refurbishing done. What a nice environment to have your adventures in.

Comment

• Excellent "After"! Very nice change .
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X