No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my sisters has already lost over 10 pounds doing whole30.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I ordered vit. D drops - as per doctors suggestion. I'm taking 10,000 units a day and my blood test says my level is only 38. The range is 30-100. obviously I'm not absorbing any of what I'm taking. My intestines are still not working properly.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm reading about vitamin d deficiency. Here's some things I'm learning:

1. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin - it needs fat to be transported into the cells.
        2. Vitamin D is absorbed in the small intestine
        3. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to obesity, and supplementing with D has shown increased weight loss in an Italian study using 3 groups (all on low cal diet, one not supplemented, 2 supplemented at different doses) The supplemented groups lost more weight than the un-supplemented group. Dosage didn't seem to matter.

So - I have to be able to absorb fat........ which I'm not (as shown in my stool test) - and I have to get my level of vitamin D optimized to help with weight loss.

How do I do that? How do I get my intestines to heal and start working right?

Eat right. Take healing supplements. Keep taking the digestive enzymes so I can break down and absorb fat. (how can I be obese and yet unable to absorb fat?? --- proves FAT doesn't make you FAT!) If I can figure out how to heal my gut faster I would do it!!!
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• You plan sounds good. It does take time for your body to heal.

Comment

• SUNLIGHT!! Vit D produced naturally from sunlight is the best anyway! Sit outside for 30 min a day with the sun on bare arms and legs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            This is my journal page!
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
              SUNLIGHT!! Vit D produced naturally from sunlight is the best anyway! Sit outside for 30 min a day with the sun on bare arms and legs!

I live in Oregon............ not much sun in the winter months - and definitely too cold to sit outside with exposed skin! But, you're right about that being the best method.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Is it too cold now? And in the winter you could go for brisk walks which would keep you warm? I have the opposite, I am waiting for it to cool down so I can walk outside again

This is my journal page!
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• current temp is 66 with a high expected of 75 today. Maybe I will go for a walk after work.

Oregon and AZ are quite different!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• no walk today - back pain.

I wish I could change the title of my journal............ I haven't really suffered with fibromyalgia since I stopped eating grains and sugar in 2011. I still have mini-flares but nothing really terrible. Maybe I should start a new journal.

I've been thinking a lot about doc wanting me to try a gluten free version of the Mediterranean Diet. Looking at the guidelines, it is basically just eating whole foods with an emphasis on fruits and veggies, fish and seafood with a moderate amount of poultry, and very little red meat. A gluten free version would also include steel cut rolled oats (gluten free), rice and quinoa. Its still basically primal with the emphasis turned upside down. It might be easier for me to do this (in my headspace) if I look at it as a shift in what foods I should be eating instead of thinking I'm taking on a whole new way of life.

For the most part my meals have been protein heavy - that needs to shift to vegetable heavy. And my choice of protein needs to move away from beef and focus more on fish and seafood. Maybe if I make up a sample meal plan for a month it will help with my planning and shopping. I really need to make a stop at the store - vacation emptied out the fridge. I just downloaded a free Mediterranean Diet cookbook. I will study that a bit.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think you can fairly easily modify the Mediterranean diet to Primal/Paleo. And if legumes don't bother you, soaking and cooking them is pretty easy and so tasty! I don't eat a ton of them, usually only a couple times a month but they make me happy.

Compared to some of the things that you have dealt with, this will be easy!

Comment

• Thanks VH

For those who care to continue following me............. I have started a new journal.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Any news on PT?

Comment

• oh yes - appointment at Therapeutics Associates in Keizer - with Ashley - October 23rd, 3 pm
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• De-lurk

That ratio of foods puts me in mind of trying to sort out the acid/alkali balance of your system. Heavier weighting on the veggies gives me the impression of trying to raise the alkalinity.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                              X