No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we opted not to mess up the beautiful concrete job with our scribbles...... but it was a sad decision, we really wanted to!

I'm pretty sure the salty soup is what caused the weight gain. It'll come down again so I'm not really bothered by it - it just pisses me off for a few minutes. I've been peeing a lot today so I'm sure most of it is already gone.

I'm getting caught up at work. I like to leave the day with an empty in-box, but that hasn't been the case for a couple months. The new patient packets have been coming in like crazy! It can take up to an hour to enter all the details of just one patient, it all depends on how sick they are and how many meds they are on! Most are about 30 minutes. Monday and Wednesday I open and distribute mail, prepare the bank deposit and no various other tasks, depending on what the manager needs. When that's done, I work on new patient packets. Tuesday and Thursday I do only np packets and when my back is feeling good I will go the basement on Thursdays. And since I only work noon to 4 most days I don't get very far on that huge stack of packets!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Food is all good! My homemade ghee is so yummy! This morning I warmed up a small chicken breast for breakfast and it was a bit on the dry side so I added a dollop of ghee and that made it perfect! I opted out of my normal 2 TB of ketchup last night with my hamburger patty - because even 4 grams of sugar is NOT whole30 approved. I love being able to eat FAT! Remember those FAT FREE days? Ugh! That was hell.

I'm anxious to see what kinds of benefits I will reap with this whole30. I'm hoping for better sleep - although my sleep has greatly improved over the past few months. I take my Knock Out and drink a cup of sleepy time tea and I'm good. I fall asleep within minutes of settling into bed. I do wake up 3-4 times to go pee though. Perhaps if I decrease my water intake after 6 pm that will improve as well.

I'm also hoping to see continued healing in my gut. Since cutting the caffeinated tea my BMs have become more solid and less frequent again. I'm wondering if cutting sugar, alcohol, ALL grains and legumes will make a difference. I'm still having 2-3 BMs every morning. One when I get up and then 1 or 2 more after I eat. I'm guessing this is due to my intestines still being sensitive and needing to heal. I'm not eating any raw food (except fruit, and not a lot of that). No raw veggies at all. I can almost time the tummy distress - I eat and about 15 minutes later I start to feel a tightening in my gut, then it starts to hurt and then I feel that urge to use the bathroom. The pain, although very slight now, sticks around for about an hour then goes away. I don't have any trouble after subsequent meals later in the day.

I would also like to see less dry skin and less puffiness in my face. When I was thin (and will be again) I had a long slender face. Now with the weight gain, my face is round and I don't like it. This is me before the weight gain:

40thbirthday.jpg and this is me now: just me.jpg

I was 40 in the slim picture - and 53 in the fat picture.

Weight dropped 2.7 pounds from yesterday. back to 198. I would love to see 196 by Friday - but that's just wishful thinking. So far I'm seeing a steady decline on my Friday weigh ins. Things fluctuate like crazy on all the other days - but when Friday roles around things settle in and the scale is lower. Sometimes not by much - but even 0.2 pounds is a change in the right direction. I'm shooting for my first goal of 190. Then my goals come in 10 pound increments.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm getting back to daily movement. Started yesterday - 30 minutes on the treadmill 2 days in a row. I'm watching Shakespeare in Love while I walk.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Day 4! Whole30! All is going well.

I am pretty sure now that burning sensation and loose bowels was caused by the caffeine in the tea I was drinking. Because now that I've stopped the tea - my tummy feels pretty dang good again! I can do herbal, decaf tea though

My weight has settled back down to 196.4. I was hoping to see 196 by tomorrow, and I'm very close!

I'm waiting for a repair guy to come look at a couple of doors we need to have replaced. Its time to get rid of the doors that have huge doggy doors cut into them.

Our front sidewalk is now completely cured, the form boards have been removed and we are walking on it! I love it! What a nice improvement it is to the curb appeal of the house. Now we need to do some landscaping around it.
          Last edited by tomi; 10-01-2015, 09:13 AM.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• 32 minutes on the recumbent.......... couldn't do any more
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Give yourself credit. You did 32 minutes. You could have chosen to skip it all together, but you didn't.

Comment

• Thanks, Marcadav - I was going for 60. But the pain in my back was too much.

This back thing has me a bit depressed. I'm just finally feeling like I've got my movement and strength back from the shoulder surgery - and now my back is causing issues. Getting old SUCKS! I'm only 55 - I thought I would be healthier at this stage of life. Oh well - it is what it is. I see the doc on the 8th and I will ask for tests to see what is happening. It shouldn't be more than an x-ray to look at what the spine is doing. If I need an MRI I might try to push it till after the first of the year for insurance and deductible reasons. I have a $4750 deductible - but the first 3 doctor visits are paid for by the insurance company. Why spend money now that could be going towards 2016 deductible?

I didn't go off whole30 today - but I didn't eat wisely. I ate an apple with a healthy amount of almond butter - and it was delicious! BUT - loaded with calories. Then I ate probably a cup of cashews! That pretty much ended up being my dinner. I nibbled on a few grapes for dessert. I stayed compliant - but made some bad choices. Tomorrow I will be smarter. I knew buying those cashews today was a mistake. Nuts are one of my "can't stop eating these" foods.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hubby rubbed me down with Pain Buster II before bed last night. And then I woke up with an ache around 1:00 am and rubbed on a little more. Love that stuff! It works great -- too bad it smells so strong. The recumbent is going to have sit idle until I figure out what is happening with my back. I can do the treadmill without nearly so much pain. If the problem is degenerative disks - then from what I've read, sitting positions put more pressure and stress on the effected area. Standing and walking is best. So - its the treadmill only for a while.

On a happier note: I hit my goal for the week. I was shooting for 196 - and I surpassed it slightly with 195.6. I was very happy when I stepped on the scale this morning. I was talking with my sister this morning and she said it very well when she explained that she needs that number to confirm that her efforts are working, and that since all mirrors are different - she doesn't trust the image she see's. That is me too.............. I must have confirmation from the scale, at least at this point. Once I lose a lot more weight and am wearing clothes in much smaller sizes I will be able to trust things like the mirror and the size of my pants - rather than solely trust the number on the scale. For now I will remain a scale addict.

Today is my day off - completely off! I can choose to do whatever I want today. I have some projects that I need to work on.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm weighing too, Tomi. For the very same reason. I need the motivation to stay the course.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Oh thank you for telling me that! Its nice to know I'm not the only scale addict here.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• You certainly are not the only one! Thankfully it's just once a day, but it's hard for me not to (unless I know the number us going to be bad, then sometimes I avoid it!). Down 2 lbs for me this week, but coming off TOM, so... yeah. Next week will be a better indicator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                        This is my journal page!
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• I am also a scale addict!

I just got caught up on your journal and I am so glad to see how well you are doing with your tummy issues!

Comment

• thanks, V It feels so good to feel so good!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Whatever will I have to talk about with a healed gut and a skinny butt?
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Day 5 rolling into the evening hours here on the west side of the states. I'm making chicken breast and squash for dinner. Lots of ghee and cinnamon on the squash

I've had 3 small eggs, some grapes, a few cashews and a 4 oz burger patty with ghee so far today. I probably won't eat much dinner as I'm not that hungry.

The weekend challenge to stay on track is here! I did fine last weekend. Actually this whole30 challenge started on Monday the 28th - but I've actually been whole30 compliant since the 26th. So technically for me I am on day 7!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X