No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So - it wasn't intentional - but I've been on an 18.5 hour fast. I wasn't hungry before work - so didn't eat. I'm going to raid the chicken and salmon left overs in the fridge!!! I know fasting isn't supposed to be good for adrenal problems, or hypothyroidism - but sometimes it happens.

I'm off until Monday Making my shopping list for the 2 days of house guests and the family BBQ Friday night.

Just talked to hubby's best friend who has asked to use our backyard for his wife's 50th birthday party on the 11th of July. Looks like about 20ish people are coming. He asked me to make a couple dishes. He will be providing the meat and birthday cake and beverages. More parties! Our backyard is getting lots of use this summer!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• had trouble sleeping last night. I went to sleep fine, but at 11:30 I woke up with burning and aching in my lower legs and feet. Not sure what causes this. I always just blamed in on the fibromyalgia. I ended up putting some EO peppermint drops into my lotion and rubbing it on. It took a while but it finally stopped. I got to bed very late, so I slept in until 9.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• 14 minutes on the bike - 14 minutes on the treadmill
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good for you!! You are adding time, awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
          This is my journal page!
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• If I'm feeling good enough to workout a bit I know my health is improving! I'm loving it!
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• didn't exercise Friday - but I spent 4 hours on my feet cooking for my family gathering last night. It was fun! Had 16 people here. I made Cucumber salad, a macaroni salad, salmon dip, and Blackberry Pie Bars. We had ham sandwiches. I took a bone in ham and smoked it for 2 hours - then cooked it at 325 for 2.5 hours. It was yummy and the entire thing was gone!

Totally diet fail yesterday Exhausted and just couldn't hold the resolve to stay strict.

But, I'm feeling fine.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm totally off track. Just thought I'd keep it real and lay that out there.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hubby and I had quite an adventure yesterday. He went with BIL early morning to work on BIL's boat up in Scappoose - an hour and 20 minute drive north. They had issues so the job took way longer than expected. Hubby gets home at about 3:00 pm and tells me he just realized his wallet is not on his person and he's pretty sure he left it on the boat. UGH!!! So, we talk a bit about all the possible places he might have left it or dropped it. The boat shop, his friends back yard where he picked up a utility trailer, BILs boat, the café where they ate lunch on the way home. First we drive down to the boat shop and he goes into the shop (I stayed in the car) and he searches through his bag that he uses to carry tools when he's on a mobile job. He looked through it carefully, started to lock up the shop and turns around and goes back to look again. Nope - no wallet. So.......... we hit the road. Get to the marina and luckily there was a nice man at the gate who let us in (you must have a key). Get to the boat.............. no wallet! UGH! Hubby is starting to get really stressed. We decide to stop at the café where they had lunch on the way home. He asks the staff, they check with all the other employees, they check all around the table where they were sitting - no wallet. We drive home. We stop at home to check through the truck again - no wallet. We drive back down to the shop to check through the trash and I decided to take one more look in his mobile bag.......... BINGO! In the side pocket, there sits his wallet. I picked it up - said "Babe.........." he turned around and started to cry! We had a good laugh -- got in the car and drove home. I have no idea how he could not have seen the wallet when he searched through the bag TWICE. I mean he had taken everything out of it - it was empty - and still he did not see the wallet - it was RIGHT THERE in plain sight! We had just spent the past 4+ hours driving and searching and stressing and discussing the hassle ahead of us if we could not find his wallet. Credit cards to cancel - drivers license to replace - AND the worst part - he had a small piece of paper with SS#s and dates of birth for ME and his 2 daughters in his wallet! I promptly removed that, tore it up and threw it away. He will be much more careful about where he puts his wallet now.
                  Last edited by tomi; 06-21-2015, 05:10 PM.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Today did not quite turn out as I had planned. I was going to take mom shopping while hubby is in Portland moving youngest daughter into an different apartment. But - I just couldn't muster up the energy or the will power to go fight the "people of Walmart" in what is quickly becoming "Walmartville" - the little town where I grew up. The town has changed so much from when I was a kid. So --- I've been a lazy lump all day and plan to go take mom shopping tomorrow after work.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I went to moms after work yesterday and she wasn't wanting to go shopping with me. She said her feet were swollen and she didn't feel like going. So, the shopping went much faster She didn't like the pants that we ordered from Blair. This is the 3rd time we've ordered, and the 3rd time she finds something wrong. The first ones had pockets and she didn't like them. Then she lost some weight and they were too big. The seconds ones were not ordered in a petite and were too baggy, but I had hemmed them before she tried them on so we couldn't return them. The third time I made sure I was ordering exactly what she wanted - size 14 petite short. But now these are too long in the crotch - UGH! She wants me to send them back. I told her I am not going to order anything else for her online. I am going to try to get my sister to take her shopping. Do you know how difficult it is to find polyester elastic band pants with the crease in the front - without pockets??? Nearly impossible. My mother is the most particular person I have ever met. If it isn't exactly what she wants she won't wear it or use it.

Then her talking scales needed a new battery. She called my sister a week ago but apparently making the 5 minute drive to moms house was too much trouble - so, mom had that to complain about. She weighs every day - its just a part of her daily routine and has been for most of her life. She doesn't handle disruptions to her routine very well. So, I got the battery while shopping and replaced it - but the scale would only display and verbally report in Kg. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to get it changed to pounds. My sister had given her these scales so I assumed she would take on the responsibility of making sure they are working.

I had to buy a large pot and potting soil to repot moms tomato plant - and in the process broke off the top blooms. Grr! Not all of them, but still.

I balanced her check book and wrote the checks to pay her bills.

She thinks she pays me $20 a month to do all the things that I do for her........ but when she isn't looking I put the money back in her wallet. I do this by telling her I will count her cash and write it down for her she knows how much money she has - when I count I put the $20 back and she never knows. I haven't figured out why she has to always have cash to go the grocery store or to pay for her haircuts. Once a month we have to go to bank and cash a check so she has money in her wallet. It would be so much easier to just write a check. But, that's what she wants to do.

I wonder what I will be like when I'm old?
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Random thoughts:

I'm a bit depressed - have been most of my life. There always seems to be a grayness hanging about me. A heaviness in my heart. I want it to go away. I don't know how to do that.

I'm not taking care of myself - in mind, body or spirit. I haven't put my time into the treadmill or the recumbent since Thursday. I'm going to change that today! 15 minutes on both!

I'm spending more and more time alone - and I don't mind. I find this odd because I used to HATE being alone. Its not by choice as much as circumstance. But I don't feel a need to change this. While I'm home I enjoy the quiet of the house - I don't turn on music or the TV. Just silence - and the sounds of nature outside - the joyous screams and squeals of children playing in the park. Barking dogs and singing birds. Chattering squirrels. I always have music playing in the car, but not at home. Only when I'm cooking for a gathering - then I put on music.

As the generation before me is aging - and dying - I'm feeling a dread and fear of the future. We lost another uncle on my husbands side on Monday. In my family there is my mother and her brother still living, and he will not be with us for much longer. Everyone on my fathers side is gone now. It feels very uncomfortable to me to know that the "buffer" between youth and old age has stretched very thin. Only 2 people separate me from that time when I am in the oldest generation in my family. I am soon turning 55. My mother is soon turning 90. I have 3 older sisters - and short of an accidental death or illness I will likely watch them all pass. There may come a time when I am the only one left. I don't fear death itself because I have very strong spiritual beliefs. But I fear the loneliness, the emptiness in the years leading up to dying. I fear being alone in my aging years. Hubby's mother is 92 years old. She is frail and weak. She is existing only. Waiting to die. Her eyesight is nearly gone, as is her hearing. She doesn't know me anymore. She doesn't know most of her grandchildren anymore. She knows her sons, but not where they live or who they are married to, or what they do for a living, or if they have children. She's sleeps 90% of the time. She thinks the caregiver is her grandsons wife. She is starting to use language that a Christian woman who worked as a missionary in India for 36 years would not normally be using. And I find myself wondering why some lives linger on so long. When there is no more "life" left - what is the point of being? When Alzheimer's steals away the "person" from the body, why does life continue? I just don't understand.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• That was sobering and depressive - sorry. Needed to purge my brain of these negative thoughts.

On a positive note:

I just put in my 15 minutes of each - bike and treadmill.

Now to keep the food under control.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good going on working out.
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• New strategy. I'm doing WWs online for tracking. Instead of having an "eat right" goal - I'm starting an "eat right within these boundaries" goal. There has to be a method for me that will help me stay on track. I can do primal while tracking with WWs guides.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• 16 minutes recumbent + 16 minutes treadmill + hand weights
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X