No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Marcadav! Yes, I still have it. I will keep that in mind.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Sorry about boo boo kitty and the rest. Stay strong!
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Tomi,

I am sorry about everything going on!

Just a little note on your friend. Lymphoma can range from scary and deadly to slow growing and lazy (indolent). I have Follicular Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which is indolent. It is treated like a chronic illness since it is so slow growing, if it is treated at all. Your friend may be lucky and it is something like that. Also, staging for Lymphoma is a little different than other cancers. I am stage 3, which means it is in lymph nodes below and above the diaphragm. Stage 4 means it is also in the bone marrow. They have made great strides in the treatment of lymphoma! Hopefully your friend will be a success story!

Comment

• Still no sign of my kitty. I have to assume she has died. She was 13 years old. Cats disappear, that's a normal thing. The forest is behind us - with the occasional cougar and roaming coyotes. Sad to think she may have come to a bad end. We are now pet-less. When we first got married there was 2 cats and a wiener dog named Bernice here. Then I brought home BoBo kitty. Then we added Penny, the Basset Hound. Then Zeus, the second Basset Hound.

We lost both of the first cats within 6 weeks of each other (they were brothers) in the summer of 2011. Penny died Dec. 26, 2012, then Bernice just a couple months after that. Zeus died in June of 2014. Now BoBo kitty, May 2015. Fourteen years of marriage - 6 animals. This is the first time in our married life we have not had any pets. Its feels very weird. But - we won't be getting any more animals. It is far to painful to lose them!

I have tried to think about how many animals I have had in my lifetime. Countless cats! I think 11 dogs that either belonged directly to me or where just a part of the family.

Life goes on..............
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
            Tomi,

I am sorry about everything going on!

Just a little note on your friend. Lymphoma can range from scary and deadly to slow growing and lazy (indolent). I have Follicular Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which is indolent. It is treated like a chronic illness since it is so slow growing, if it is treated at all. Your friend may be lucky and it is something like that. Also, staging for Lymphoma is a little different than other cancers. I am stage 3, which means it is in lymph nodes below and above the diaphragm. Stage 4 means it is also in the bone marrow. They have made great strides in the treatment of lymphoma! Hopefully your friend will be a success story!
            Thank you for this info. I know very little about lymphoma - except I've lost 2 dogs to it. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with this.

Follicular........ as in hair follicles? I will have to look it up. I'm not sure what type she has, they are still testing.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I need to make a more concerted effort at weight loss. Since taking the low dose naltrexone and putting on an additional 15 pounds I am hovering at 200 again. UGH! DAMN!!!! I hate to say it, but I need to get my mind in DIET mode! For me that means eating only very healthy foods and staying clear of anything else. I'm considering joining WWs online just to have some firm guidance on quantity.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• oh who am I kidding - I know enough about nutrition to know that I don't need WWs as a guide. Maybe I'll use that Dr. Oz guide instead. Basic paleo. Twelve ounces of protein. But, I can't do fruit or veggies until I clear the SIBO hurdle. So, I guess that means plenty of protein. But then I think - I read someplace that too much protein will convert to fat because the body can only process a certain amount. Ugh............ why isn't there a simple answer.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• When are you retesting for SIBO?

Comment

• I have 10 more days of meds, then I'll test.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• If SIBO ends up getting knocked out with what you're doing now, I found these links and thought they had some useful info (esp. the elemental diet, which sounds BRUTAL, expensive, but effective).

Treating SIBO (Part 9): Elemental Diet
                      Treating SIBO (Part 8): Herbal Antibiotics for SIBO - Hollywood Homestead
                      Treating SIBO (Part 10): Diet for SIBO - Hollywood Homestead
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks!

Yes, the elemental diet is brutal and expensive. It has a slightly higher rate of success for those people who can manage the full 21 days. It will be my next line of defense IF the abx doesn't kill it.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sorry for high jacking your thread.

I can totally relate to your struggles Tomi! You are not alone, I have a very similar problems. I'm not sure where the strength comes from cos I haven't found it. So I many need to hang around here, to see how you go. We can't change the ones around us its hard enough to change ourselves :-/

I liked when you said this

Sorry.....
                          #sorrynotsorry

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                            I started this journal with the intention of working through some difficult areas of my life - my poor eating habits which have lead to my gut issues and to my weight problems. I also started it with the hopes of having others help me. So, thank you all for the honesty and the time you take to set me straight. And for the encouragement when I'm doing well.

I've read through Marcadav's tough love post several times now. I have to say at first I was a bit hurt -- not by Marcadav, but by the truth of it all. It spelled out my failures and weaknesses pretty clearly, and nothing hurts more than looking the ugly truth square in the face.

I have been less than committed to this venture. Food obviously carries some power over me --- foods that are bad for me carry the most power. I don't binge on apples or sweet potatoes. I eat chocolate (sugar) -- cookies (wheat) -- ice cream (dairy) -- rum/diet coke (just total crap). And in my own defense I don't "binge" at all, but it obviously doesn't take much to set my system off and make me sick. Those are the foods that cause me to stumble and fall flat on my face - and send me running to the bathroom. Those are the foods that are keeping me fat and feeling sluggish and bloated. Those are the foods that I need to eliminate from my diet completely.

I want to be successful - I want to break the power those things have over me. If they weren't in the house it would be much easier. I think I play these head games with myself............ I'll buy stuff for "hubby" knowing full well if I buy it I will eat it too. I guess I should stop buying things that I want to stop eating, and if hubby wants them he can stop at the store and get them himself. For the boat I will take cut up melons. I'll take a bag of mixed nuts w/o peanuts. I'll take jerky and carrot sticks. If hubby wants chips or other snacks he'll have to buy them himself. I won't buy ice cream anymore. Hubby will complain that we "don't have anything good to eat around here". Sorry........

I sent him a text and asked him not to buy any more rum for a month so I can get my gut healed. My hope is that after a month he'll get out of the habit of wanting it also. I have noticed that the majority of the time its me initiating having a drink. I have talked to him about my concerns that I may have a problem with alcohol. He says I don't. Honestly, I think I do in that its become a habit. I'm not physically addicted at all - but I do enjoy the taste and the relaxation it gives. I can easily not drink it if I set my mind to it - but I have it way more than I'm comfortable with. Does that make sense? I guess if I'm drinking more than I'm comfortable with then I need to stop. Its become a habit that could become a real problem.

Big Girl Panties!!!! Face my demons.......... fight them off. Thanks for helping me be honest.
                            Oh I read from your motivational statement #2626 and your now up to like #LOTSMOREPOSTS

So sorry if that was totally random and un timely :-/

Comment

• I blabber on so much in this journal......... I applaud you for being able to meander through it and makes some sense of things.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Feeling like a cow today Or a whale or a hippo, or whatever blubbery type mammal you envision.

This weight has to go!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X