No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole probiotic thing is a controversial subject among the SIBO gurus. Some say adding bacteria to the gut while trying to kill an overdose is like throwing gasoline on a fire. Others say the beneficial bacteria aids in the process.......... So I don't know what way to go.

I do know that when I was taking Prescript Assist my symptoms got worse. So I don't really know what to do!!!!!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• And many probiotics even those labeled GF have gluten per a Columbia University study. Gluten-free probiotics may contain gluten. Who can we trust?
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I'm in the camp of no probiotics while on antibiotics. Better to rebuild from a clean slate, I think.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• What harm is there in eating yogurt if you can tolerate it?
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
            What harm is there in eating yogurt if you can tolerate it?
            Actually home made yogurt is encouraged. However - I don't have a yogurt maker and I really hate the taste of yogurt.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay - 70 days on herbals and I'm done. Diarrhea has slightly improved as long as I am careful with my diet. But bloating is still really bad.

Today I am starting Xifaxan and tomorrow I will start the Neomycin. The neomycin has side effects of vomiting and diarrhea so I can't start today - I need to go take mom shopping.

Today I'm changing from Colestipol to Welchol. I have enough samples to last 48 days @ 4 pills per day. I'm hoping to be able to get insurance coverage on the Welchol. It requires a PA. I've asked my doctor to get started on the process. If it helps me I will spend the $125 for a 90 day supply. If it isn't any better than the Colestipol then I'll stay with the free generic and maybe up my dose a bit - although I have been playing with dosage for over a year and haven't really found a benefit to higher doses - in fact studies show that higher doses can actually cause more diarrhea. Studies indicate Wechol is superior to all the other bile acid binders so I have hope that things will get better.

There has to be a correct formula for fixing my GI issues.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• My diet has been good for 3 days now. No wheat or sugar! Yeah me.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Go Tomi!
                  Female 55
                  Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                  Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Needing a PA for the Welchol Rx. A 3 month supply (540 pills) is $1697 without insurance coverage. I can't do that! Its a non-preferred drug on my insurance formulary, but they will pay for it with a PA in place. I can get samples, but I can't rely on always being able to get them.

Day 3 on Abx - still no side effects! I did have a very healthy bathroom experience this morning.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I can't find my BoBo Kitty. She wanted to go outside at 5:30 this morning, and I haven't seen her since. She never stays away this long. I'm freaking out a little.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• My kitty is gone

I found out yesterday a good friend of mine has Lymphoma. I don't know how advanced it is yet - but she's been feeling poorly for a long time and they haven't been able to figure out what is wrong. She and her husband have moved back to where most of her family lives. I think she's going to die.

My mind is numb.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Oh gosh, I'm so sorry Tomi. [[hugs]]
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• You are being hit from all sides! so sad to read these updates. I hope you have lot's of friends surrounding you with love and support. I'm sending mine your way...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            This is my journal page!
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• well, lets pile on a bit more sh*t. I just found out my uncle has some rare rapid form of dementia. A month ago he was just starting to fail and now they say he's hallucinating and is mean and nasty. He thinks he see's men coming from my aunts bedroom and is accusing her of having an affair. They are 87 years old. His kids are going to put him into a facility that can take care of him. They don't think he'll live much longer. He was an alcoholic in his younger years - and a very mean drunk. They say he has reverted back to that meanness. I feel so bad for my aunt - she is a kind and gentle person. She stayed with him through decades of his drinking and abuse - they had about 30 good years after he quit drinking - and now this. What a sad way to end a lifetime together.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm so sorry you are going through all of these things at once. I'm just down the street and willing to meet somewhere if you want/need to talk.

Hopefully you still have my contact info.

Comment

Working...
                                X