No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like the inflammation and weight gain are from the almond milk. I cannot drink it for that reason. Cashew milk is pretty darn tasty and does not cause me problems.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
      I have a feeling it was the alcohol. From the past in your journal, there was a major correlation there with alcohol gut pain and weight gain. A few days without it and on good clean food should take care of it? (fingers crossed)
      Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
      Sounds like the inflammation and weight gain are from the almond milk. I cannot drink it for that reason. Cashew milk is pretty darn tasty and does not cause me problems.
      Maybe a double whammy! I guess I'm on the wagon on both!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• feeling better and weight is coming down again. I guess I will have to test the almond milk when I'm on a diet of known safe foods and drinks. But I will wait a good long while. It tastes really great and is fun to have something similar to milk - but I'm not going to risk the gut upset or the weight gain/bloat until I'm in a better place.

I thought I could have alcohol once in a while now. I thought wrong. I'm giving it up for good.

I will be retesting on Monday the 25th. It is Memorial Day so I don't have to think about work or going anywhere. It takes 3 hours to complete the test and I must be fasting so I will plan to start in the morning. I have to drink lactulose, then blow into a device that collects the gases into a tube. This is done every 20 minutes for 3 hours.

I'm not getting very good sleep. I'm awake every 90 minutes nearly all night. Last night I was up 4 or 5 times to pee. Now this could just be the release of water weight, as for me it always happens at night. Sure makes it tough to face the day with groggy eyes and dragging feet. I was in bed from 11:15 pm until 9:00 am. But I feel like I only got about 4 hours of sleep. I'm considering a sleep aid. Nothing in the body can function properly without good sleep. But first I'm going to check out a hypnotist that was recommended by a friend of mine.

DWTS was a bit of a disappointment - I wanted Noah to win. Not the best dancer, but with his limitations he did a beautiful job. And for his service to our country, and what he sacrificed - he deserved to win. That said - Rumor is an exquisite dancer! And Riker is very talented also.

So, the talent competitions are over for the summer. And American Idol is being cancelled after one more season. I really enjoy that show. I like talent competitions. I always had dreams of being a singer - not famous like a celebrity - but good enough to make a decent living at it. I had the raw talent when I was young - I needed voice training - but I lacked the confidence and ability to sell myself.

As I'm aging - I am looking back at my life with a bit of sadness. So, I want to make sure that years I have left on this earth are filled with things that bring me joy. I also want to do something that will make a difference to others. Anything - small and simple is fine. I need to regain my health and strength if this is going to happen.

I'm on the path. As I see it, my priorities should be as follows:

1. Gut health
        2. Sleep quality
        3. Lose weight
        4. Gain body strength

The first 2 are sorta tied, as are the last 2.

To meet these priorities:

1. Gut health: Eat a healthy diet, take healing supplements, avoid stress.
        2. Sleep quality: I am going to see a hypnotist who has helped a good friend of mine with her sleep issues. I just sent her a text to get his name and number. She said one session with him and she's sleeping like a baby!
        3. Lose weight: Eat a healthy diet - move more. Start doing Barre3 again, use the bike.
        4. Gain body strength: Barre3, bike, free weights.

Pretty basic stuff. For the most part I've been slacking on my diet. Too much sugar and sourdough bread has crept back into my diet. Those must go. But otherwise I'm doing good. Movement -- needs to start!!!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Made an appointment with the hypnosis man He said he could help me with sleep issues and with weight loss issues.

I was feeling really good this morning so I went to work a little early - skipping breakfast. When I came home I ate a little home canned tuna and a bowl of homemade beef soup - my gut swelled up like a 6 month pregnant belly within 15 minutes. I don't think I've gotten rid of the SIBO

The diarrhea seems to be better as long as I behave myself and stay away from foods that I know cause me GI upset. I think I will send a message to the doc and ask her if I should go ahead and test or go ahead and take the antibiotics. If I test now and I haven't gotten rid of the SIBO, then I'm basically throwing $155 down the toilet. I think I'm going to run that my her and see what she thinks.

This makes me sad
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Maybe it is something in the soup or tuna rather than the SIBO. I am still in the process of figuring out what I can and cannot eat.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              Maybe it is something in the soup or tuna rather than the SIBO. I am still in the process of figuring out what I can and cannot eat.
              yes, I guess that's possible.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Another bad night. Didn't fall asleep until nearing 12:30 and was awake at 5:30, after waking up what seemed like every 30 minutes all night. Up 3 times to pee. I dozed until 7:00 and then just laid in bed for another hour. I'm so tired. And I'm feeling very depressed. I got a stomach ache about 30 minutes after getting up and had to use the bathroom, twice.

Discouraged does not begin to express my state of mind today.

I'm experiencing more fibro symptoms over the past couple weeks. Stiffness, achiness, hands and feet cramping, and burning sensations with redness in my feet. I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever be well again. Yesterday I found myself praying for an early death. Not good.

I need to pull myself out of this and find my drive and ambition again. Maybe all this is attributed to lack of restorative sleep.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• How much sugar has been in your diet lately? And flour (gluten free or not?) I have a feeling if you eat really clean for a few days things would be much better. Maybe invite a friend over or something to distract yourself from snacking? You were getting so much better. What happened? Do you have a self-sabotage program running sub-consciously? I do... Parts of me in some twisted way are scared of being truly well and thin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                  This is my journal page!
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
                    How much sugar has been in your diet lately? And flour (gluten free or not?) I have a feeling if you eat really clean for a few days things would be much better. Maybe invite a friend over or something to distract yourself from snacking? You were getting so much better. What happened? Do you have a self-sabotage program running sub-consciously? I do... Parts of me in some twisted way are scared of being truly well and thin.

I have not been keeping a truly clean diet. I suck at will power.

Yes - I do have a self-sabotage program running. How do you uninstall such a thing?
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I wish I had a simple answer to that. Mine is not as significant as it once was. I wrote/journal as deeply honestly as I could about my fears and reservations about being thin (for me it was fear of rape/attack, being more of a target from unwanted male attention etc), and taking a look at do I get any secondary gain/benefits out of being sick and overweight. I also wrote a "goodbye letter" to my extra weight, thanking it for how it served me, and telling it I was giving it permission to leave. I think it might be good for me to do this again myself. See if I can release a deeper level.

This is my journal page!
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Tomi, I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I get the sleep issue as I am dealing with the same thing.

I can help but think the new round of tummy troubles is directly related to the alcohol and the food choices indulging in alcohol leads to.

Fibro pain, for me, is directly tied to my thyroid hormone levels. How long has it been since your levels were checked?

I also get the death thing. Being very independent and a realist, I have had to l take a long and hard look at things after my most recent shoulder issue and the possibility of surgery was mentioned. Surgery is not an option because having it would mean not being able to care for myself in any way. Thank God I have a fantastic physical therapist!

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                          I have not been keeping a truly clean diet. I suck at will power.

Yes - I do have a self-sabotage program running. How do you uninstall such a thing?
                          I think changing old habits and patterns takes planning, preparation and consistency in action. For me, food wise, it means knowing what I will have for each meal, early in the day, prepping those meals, and staying on a fairly regular mealtime schedule.

I find it harder to self-sabotage if I'm prepared to eat what's on plan and I eat on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Thanks, Marcadav.

Planning is key for me as well.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Doc says go ahead and start the abx. So I'm going to start taking them tomorrow. Ugh....... 2 more weeks of pills 3 times a day. I'm getting anxious to start cutting back on supplements. As I run out of the non-essentials I won't be replacing. Those will be:

Curcumin 1160mg BID
                              DHEA 5mg
                              Iron 18mg
                              Rhodiola Rosea 700mg
                              Zinc 50mg
                              Trans-Resveratrol 500mg
                              CoQ10 100mg
                              Relora 250mgTID

If they haven't worked their magic by now they aren't going to, cuz I've been taking them for a LONG time! Most of those are for adrenal support. I don't think I need the to be taking the iron and zinc as long I'm eating well. That will cut down my pills by 12 per day.

I'm a bit worried about side effects of the abx. But - I have to take them if I want to continue with my fight to get well.

Diet must be clean!

I will be eating a lot of fish and chicken and beef. Time to go on the strict diet and stay there.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Think probiotics while taking those antibiotics.

Comment

Working...
                                X