No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted to make a note on point b in the above post. When I say I have not been careful with my diet I don't mean I've gone off the deep end. I just mean I've been relaxed a bit. Homemade cookies, sourdough bread and corn chips have snuck back into my diet - but I'm not binging - just grazing a bit.

I've stopped taking the essential oils. I've taken them for about 3 weeks and that is long enough. They are powerful little oils and need to be handled with caution. I hope I haven't done more damage to my stomach by taking the EOs. A few times I have burped right after taking them and felt a distinct burn in my throat, so I have wondered if they are doing any damage to the lining of my stomach. Most things I have read say that the hydrochloric acid kills most of the EOs power before it passes into the small intestine. But since there is an immediate reflux of EOs I know those veggie caps are breaking down within seconds of swallowing them.

As I'm nearing the 60 day mark of the herbals I realize I need to start thinking about how to treat my insides so they can heal. I need to think in terms of inflammation and irritation. So I'm imagining the inside of my stomach and small intestines as having a sun burn. In my minds eye I can see visible tissue damage that requires gentle treatment and the right kinds of "salve" to help in the process. Salve in way of supplements to aid in healing (l-glutamine, marshmallow, slippery elm for now). And gentle treatment in what I feed myself.

I will be focusing on chicken and fish, with beef being on the menu once a week only. I am going to follow the SIBO Specific Diet as close as I can.

I will have to keep taking the bile acid binders for quite a while. Maybe it will take a long time for that part of my intestines to heal and to begin working properly again. After all - the re-uptake of bile happens just before the ileocecal valve, which separates the small and large intestine - which is where the SIBO is normally the worst. The bacteria could somehow be interfering with the process of re-uptake. So, I will just keep taking the dang pills. Welchol is supposed to be going generic in June or July and I will see if I can get it covered by my insurance. It is the best drug for BAM.

Oregon has a bit of a drought going on this year. The lake will not be full enough to float the docks and so our lovely lake weekends will not be happening this year. Instead we will enjoy the firepit and hopefully fill our home and patio with good friends and fun times.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• more lost entries................. why bother?
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Ugghhhhhh!! I wanted to catch up on everyone!
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Don't despair, Tomi! This time we lost posts because they actually did a roolback to a backup version of the forums. They think they actually have them fixed now, so hopefully this will be the last time! It IS frustrating, though, isn't it?

Sounds like you are getting back in the driver's seat on your diet congrats! Treat your insides gently, and enjoy the patio, firepit, and friends
          Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread114086.html

"Live in such a way that when others speak evil of you, none will believe it."

Comment

• Its frustrating to see so many lost entries. But - what can I say - it is a free online journal.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• SIBO report -

Day 64. I've only missed one entire of herbals (last Sunday) otherwise I haven't missed any doses. I'm doing much better. Not fixed because sometimes I will still have problems - but I'm much better than I was!

I have 9 days of Allimed left and I will run out of the Interfase tomorrow. Then retest.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi - where are you?
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                  Tomi - where are you?
                  I'm still here. Just don't have much to talk about.

We went to our favorite nursery yesterday and bought all the flowers for the yard! The patio will soon be party ready! We bought 11 hanging baskets and a bunch of bedding plants. Today is going to be all about gardening.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• What's your favorite nursery?

Comment

• I hope the weather there is nice for it! It's gorgeous here, but I am working extra hours today, so won't get to enjoy it much. Enjoy for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      This is my journal page!
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Marcadav - I love to go to Fesslers. They are east of Woodburn.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• too tired to post anything yesterday after we got done with the gardening. Here's a recap of the day:

repotted 11 hanging baskets
                          planted 13 pots
                          planted the flower bed in front of the porch and on the waterfall hill
                          planted 9 perennials
                          planted the vegetable garden - 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 cucumber and 4 squash

cleaned up all the mess and hosed down the patio.

Hubby has installed a drip system for all the hanging baskets and the pots around the pergola, and the flowerbed in front of the porch! Its set up on a timer.

Its amazing what flowers can do for the spirit!

I had some alcohol over the weekend - and am experiencing some gut discomfort and weight gain today.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• What a lot of good exercise though! Yes, alcohol would not be a healing guts friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            This is my journal page!

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• I had almond milk over the weekend and I'm wondering if that contributed to my gut troubles. Yesterday was a pretty bad day. I couldn't go to work. Today is a bit better. I took 2 Imodium and I'm drinking ginger peach tea. I need to be able to get out today as I have responsibilities to meet.

I'm also suffering with a lot of inflammation in the mid-section. Three pounds of weight gain as well. I'm back up to 202.8. You have no idea how sad this makes me.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have a feeling it was the alcohol. From the past in your journal, there was a major correlation there with alcohol gut pain and weight gain. A few days without it and on good clean food should take care of it? (fingers crossed)
                                This is my journal page!

Comment

Working...
                                X