No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For future reference since your sensitive to albuterol ask for xopenex from now on. The isomer that causes the side effects you had has been removed in it.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• that's great to know! but hopefully I will never need it again.

So food today - sourdough toast for breakfast, eggs for lunch. Then hubby texts and says "how about eggs and toast for dinner?" ............. ugh..... since he worked his ass off all day and will be the one making dinner I couldn't refuse. So - more toast and eggs for dinner. I've have 4 pieces of sourdough toast and 4 eggs today.

I managed to take Bubba for a short walk today and talk to the neighbors a bit. Got the mail and fed the fish.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I slept so good last night - no episodes of coughing and gagging. But, I'm now coughing up everything that settled in my lungs all night. Feeling pretty yucky. Plus the Zpack has caused my bowels to be very loose. Do you know what happens when you cough with loose bowels! OMG --- I bet I have the strongest anal sphincter in the world! I've had no stomach pain in a while - could that be the herbals doing their job?? The head cold is still hanging on but the Mucinex is working really good to keep things loose and blow-able.

So, another day of laying low. Hubby is only working 1/2 day so I won't be required to walk Bubba today. Which is good cuz I don't have the energy. He's going back home tomorrow.

I hope hubby can make something for dinner cuz all I have eaten for the past 36 hours is eggs and sourdough toast and shortbread cookies.

............. oh - hubby just called and said his friend needs some help and wanted to know if I was okay with him being gone until dinner time. So - I guess its me and Bubba for the day again. His friend is trying to sell a house that's been on the market for the couple years. They found a buyer and the deal is almost done but there are some things on the "fix list" that he's having trouble getting done. He had a repair guy lined up to the work and the guy backed out at the last minute - then another friend was going to help him and he got bronchitis, so he's been trying to do the work himself - but now he's a day late an getting it done and hubby wants to help him out. There is only a few things left to do -- patch a hole with sheetrock and mud, fix a vent in a bathroom and a couple other small things. Hubby thinks they can get it all done in a few hours.

My son is coming down today - I might ask him to come earlier so he can walk Bubba. I sent him a text.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Saw this today and thought of you :
          Is Fibromyalgia Caused By SIBO and Leaky Gut?

Comment

• thank you, Marcadav! I have actually read this before and found it to be very interesting - and also very encouraging! If I can cure the SIBO and Leaky Gut --- maybe I will also cure the Fibromyalgia and will actually have a healthier and more normal life! Doc also thinks the bile acid malabsorption may also be caused from the SIBO.

Heal the gut - heal the body and mind!
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Day 11 - SIBO herbal treatment.

I've been eating more junk food than I probably should. Most days I do good, but the weekend was bad. My tummy is a bit off this morning. My bowels are still a bit loose - but I think its from the antibiotics. I took the last one yesterday so I'm sure things will improve in the next couple days.

My lungs feel more open now and I'm not coughing as much. I'm still feeling rather weak and foggy headed so I'm going stay home today. Maybe tomorrow, but most likely Wednesday I will venture back to the world of the living. I'm comfortably settled on the sofa. I've showered (awe!!!) and I'm letting my hair air-dry. I need to get some breakfast and take my pills.

Hair: it sure is going through a lot of changes. Last year when I had my hair chopped of for the surgery I had a headful of curls - now, no curls. Since it won't curl naturally I think I will grow it out a bit and keep it layered. Need to figure this out. I love it short for ease and comfort - but without curls I don't really like how it looks. At least not right now......... my face looks really fat and puffy.

I haven't weighed in about 2 weeks. But I feel likely I've gained. My face looks fatter and I just feel bigger. Probably from eating more starches and carbs (unhealthy carbs). Well, the house is pretty much devoid of bad food now. And since I won't be going to the store till at least Wednesday I will be able to get my head back in the game. Don't get me wrong - I haven't gone off the deep end or anything. Just a little sway back into gluten-land. Lorne Doones and sourdough bread is all I've eaten. Enough to cause some little pimples on my face - so obviously more than body can handle. I will stick with rice to give my gut the needed starches while on treatment. Nineteen days to go on the herbals - then retest. Then start the really strict phase of the SIBO Specific Diet. I have to get my head in the right place for that - best start thinking about it now. Protein and very basic cooked veggies to start.

I will say........... this past two weeks of being more relaxed about my diet has been a nice mental break. And thankfully I haven't suffered physically.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Day 12 - SIBO Herbal treatment

I really craved salad for dinner last night. I made salad with lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and taco seasoned hamburger topped with cheese and ranch (soy-free). It tastes so good - but I bloated up something awful and woke up with a bad tummy ache and the need to use the toilet. I hope the bad side effects of eating raw veggies is done and out of me. I've already been to the toilet twice. My gut hurts.

I was going to try to go back to work today - but just getting up and getting through the toilet troubles and dressed was enough to make me want to go back to bed and sleep some more. I'll see how I feel in a couple hours. I told the office I likely wouldn't be back until tomorrow, so I'm still okay. Maybe I'll just hunker down for one more day. I need to do some boatshop business, that will probably poop me out.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I decided to stay home and rest one more day. Just not feeling enough energy to shower, hair, make-up, dress, drive to work, do my work and drive home........ UGH! Makes me shake just thinking about it.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• And that's why last week I prescribed rest until this Wednesday.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hi tomi!! just stopping in to say hi! I am back after a long time away. I'm hoping to get caught up with everyone soon. I'm just going back about 10 pages or so on everybody's journal & hopefully I can see how everyone is doing.

sorry about your cough...haven't read back far enough yet to see when it started. I can sympathize...I have one that started Saturday afternoon. A little nasal drip but not alot of congestion. Just that nagging tickle in my throat that makes me cough! It needs to go away...my stomach & back hurt from coughing so much. I swear I coughed up an ovary last night!!! LOL That's what it felt like at least...felt it all the way down to my toes!!!

well off to go read back into your journal a little.
                      hugs,
                      donna
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                        And that's why last week I prescribed rest until this Wednesday.
                        you were right
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                          Hi tomi!! just stopping in to say hi! I am back after a long time away. I'm hoping to get caught up with everyone soon. I'm just going back about 10 pages or so on everybody's journal & hopefully I can see how everyone is doing.

sorry about your cough...haven't read back far enough yet to see when it started. I can sympathize...I have one that started Saturday afternoon. A little nasal drip but not alot of congestion. Just that nagging tickle in my throat that makes me cough! It needs to go away...my stomach & back hurt from coughing so much. I swear I coughed up an ovary last night!!! LOL That's what it felt like at least...felt it all the way down to my toes!!!

well off to go read back into your journal a little.
                          hugs,
                          donna
                          Hey Nice to see you're back! Hope that cough goes away soon. Seems like about 1/2 the people I know are sick and 1/2 of those have ended up with bronchitis like me.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Day 13 - SIBO Herbal Treatment

Almost 1/2 way there. So far I haven't seen any improvement in my gut troubles. Still having morning pain and loose stools. However - with the herbal treatment, plus the Zpack I can't really assess what's happening. I won't think about it until I'm closer to the end of the treatment. Food is still effecting my gut and bowel function. I ate Japanese curry for dinner last night (made by the 1/2 Japanese wife of our new employee) it was a small serving, about 3/4 cup of rice and maybe 1/2 cup of curry - but I got a stomach ache right away. The pain lasted all night - it is only 9:30 am and I've already used the toilet 3 times - and my stomach still hurts. Hope it passes through me soon and I start feeling better.

I need to order another breath test in a week or so. Doc told me to message her and she would order it. Not sure how that will work, cuz last time I had to pay for it when I sent in the order form. Maybe she meant she would email the form to me?? that's probably what she meant. Anyway.......

I'm wondering, since I had to take that Zpack during my herbal treatment, that maybe I should extend the herbal treatment out for another week - or at least until I use up the pills I have on hand. The bottle of Allimed comes with 60 pills, but it takes 90 pills to complete the 30 day treatment. Which means I had to buy two bottles. So, I'm going to end up with 30 extra pills. That's 10 days worth. I think the same goes for the Oil of Oregano. I think I will message doc and see what she thinks about just taking the whole lot and then testing. The bottle of herbal blend that I got from the doc's office is almost gone. I have enough for 2 more days. At that point I'm going to resume the essential blend called Thieves for the duration of the treatment.

well........ tried to send a message but Patient Portal isn't working at the moment. I hate NextGen. I think that's a good plan. (finally got it to go through - had to log out and back in again)

I've decided to reign in my eating a bit. I've gotten a bit lax and have been eating things that I shouldn't even under the best of circumstances. 3-4 Oreo's every couple days - a handful (or 2) of corn chips - and a little sourdough bread here and there. Not good for me! My skin is showing the signs of eating gluten - and I think my gut would be happier without these things. So - today I will get back to eating for my health instead of my taste buds. I can eat carbs to feed the bacteria - I just need to eat good carbs. But - I did have a nice relaxing past 2 weeks of eating about anything I wanted and not feeling guilty about it. Oh, I also had ice cream a couple times. So, there's my confession. Gotta keep it honest.

Today I will go back to work. I'm feeling much better. Energy is up, head is clear and I'm not coughing much at all. I've decided I don't like having bronchitis and I'm not going to get it again! :P I'm sure I have mountains of mail to go through, probably piles of outgoing mail to stamp, and heaps of new patients records to abstract.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Day 14 - SIBO Herbal Protocol

I did much better with my diet yesterday, but not perfect. Working on it. Gut is rather angry today.

Since I started the herbals I haven't been taking my regular supplements. Today I'm going to start taking them again. Its a lot of pills, but I need them. Here is a list of what I'm taking:

Colestipol 1g X5 day
                              Armour Thyroid 30 mg (1 pill/day alternating with 2 pills/day)
                              Low Dose Naltrexone 1.5 mg QHS
                              Mega B complex
                              Vitamin C 1000mg
                              Vitamin D3 5000mg x2
                              Vitamin E 400 IU
                              Vitamin K 2400mg
                              Multiple Vitamins – women’s +50 formula BID
                              Curcumin 1160mg
                              DHEA 5mg
                              Iron 18mg
                              Rhodiola Rosea 700mg
                              Zinc 50mg
                              Trans-Resveratrol 500mg
                              CoQ10 100mg
                              Relora 250mg BID
                              Fish Oil 2126mg x2 BID
                              Knock Out – sleep aid
                              Melatonin 4.5mg
                              Calcium 350mg
                              GABA 100mg
                              Glycine 40mg
                              L-Theanine 50mg
                              Valerian Extract 100mg
                              Allicin 450mg TID
                              Oil of Oregano 50mg TID
                              Neem 950mg TID
                              Herbal Blend x2 TID
                              Occasional use – Tylenol, Ibuprofen

That's 45 pills a day - not counting the occasional Tylenol or ibuprofen. The bulk of that is taken in the morning. I'm getting good at swallowing 4-6 pills at a time. But, its still a daunting task and takes about 16 oz of water to wash it all down.

I picked up the low dose erythromycin yesterday. I need to see if I can reimbursed by the insurance for these compounded drugs. They are $35 a month, and I have 2 of them that I will need to take for at least 6 months.

My weight is up, but I'm going to contribute it to inflammation from having a very poor diet for the past 2 weeks. I am into the panic zone again. There are so many encouraging accounts of weight loss on the fb SIBO page. Its wonderful how many people are saying they were 50 pounds overweight for years and couldn't do anything to get the weight to drop - but once they treated and eradicated the SIBO the weight just came off with very little effort. I am clinging to the hope that I will be one of those stories in 2015. My hope and goal is to be at 140 by Christmas.

Boating season isn't looking promising for this year. The reservoir is WAY under normal capacity and we don't have a lot of rain predicted for the next month. We finally got some snow in the mountains - but not much. The ski resorts finally opened to downhill skiing last weekend, with about a foot of snow on the ground. There is some at the peak, but barely any at the slopes. It will effect our weekend recreation -- but I'm more concerned about it effecting our business. Right now things are great - and we are busier than we've ever been at this time of year. Hubby didn't even take any time off this year. The bank account is stronger than its ever been - in fact its almost at peak season level. I'm just worried about what the July/August business is going to look like. Have to wait and see......... we might have a very wet late spring/early summer this year and all will be fine

My lungs are clearing out and I'm feeling better. I slept well last night - even slept from 3:30 on without my ear plugs! I decided to take the diffuser upstairs and put it by hubby's side of the bed with a mix of Valor and Thieves in it. He snored just a little right after he fell asleep, but all was quiet when I woke up at 3:30 to potty. So I took out the earplugs and enjoyed an nice quiet night!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• so it seems my gut is a bit more than a little angry. I'm experiencing a complete flush out! My abdomen hurts and is quite swollen. I'm having spasms in my colon. I won't be making it to work at noon today.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X