Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
    oh my goodness that is tempting!! To be honest we are planning to be in Washington in the next couple weeks - maybe even next weekend. We will be going to Bellevue. How far is it from there? We'll be going straight up I-5. If it isn't too far out of the way I would certainly consider it. I can pm my email address and you can ask her to send me pics and info. thanks!
    Look on a Washington map for Olympia, head west towards the ocean. They live just past Elma in a town called Brady and are less than a mile off the main highway.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Tomi, there is info in my journal on watching the videos after they expire.
      oh I saw that!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
        Look on a Washington map for Olympia, head west towards the ocean. They live just past Elma in a town called Brady and are less than a mile off the main highway.
        MapQuest says that is only 35 miles Certainly doable! Thanks!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Had another lengthy discussion with hubby last night about eating primal/paleo and doing a whole30. And by discussion I mean - I talked A LOT - not getting much feedback until he finally said - "Okay - lets stop now" That means........ shut up, already!

I want him to do this with me because it will be easier for me to stay on track - and because it would be good for him. I won't say anything else about it. But I am going to be more strict with how and what I cook - and what kind of food and drink comes into our home. What he does outside of that is up to him.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• That's how I take care of it.
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• can't do anything else huh?
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                can't do anything else huh?
                Exactly. And I can't control how much he snacks on nuts, jerky, etc either!
                Female 55

Comment

• They finally shut down access to the links to old sessions so my trick no longer works.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• bummer
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Had another "kidney stone" type attack last night. Almost went to the ER at 4 AM - but the pain subsided and I was able to sleep. Started out with pain across my entire lower back (flank and lumbar) then seemed to settle to the right side. I've been having lots of back pain lately. Also -- extreme abdominal bloating, and a burning sensation on the lower abdominal area - similar to an extreme case of PMS. But at my age - its not PMS. The bloating is so severe that I feel like I can't take a really deep breathe without effort. I bought a larger size jeans just to be more comfortable over my stomach - but its still quite binding. The weight I've gained since June is now 13 pounds - yet my size 14 jeans still fit every where except the waist. The size 16s are more comfortable every where - but still very tight at the waist. My entire abdomen is noticeably larger - and it isn't squishy....... its firm.

I fear something is wrong. I know just enough to get me into trouble when I'm having signs and symptoms of illnesses. Of course my brain goes first to cancer.

Anyway - I have a doctors appointment later today. Hopefully she will be able to order tests and start the process of figuring out what is happening.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm sorry you are having these issues. I hope the doctor finds out what is going on and it's nothing serious.

Comment

• Sending positive thoughts.
                          Female 55

Comment

• Oh no! Thinking of you.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thank you for the positive vibes and kind words! I cancelled my morning and evening plans. Due to not feeling well this morning, and the doctor appointment at 7 pm. I am trying to decided about going to the office today. I think I will go.

I've just gone through my records on MFP to see what is happening in terms of overall calories. I took an average of 31 days of tracking ........... although not 31 consecutive day as there were 10 days of incomplete or missing data. So - over a period of 41 days I have an average of 1588 calories per day. On the untracked or incomplete days I can state with full confidence that I ate the same on those days as on the days I actually tracked.

But I'm not losing. I'm gaining. Todays weight 193.2. At the end of May I was 180. So, I've gained 13 pounds in approx. 20 weeks while eating 1600 calories per day. How is that possible? I have carefully and honestly tracked my calories because I wanted to see if I am somehow eating more than I thought I was. I've been weighing and measuring my portions. I've been eating home cooked probably 99% over this time period. As for keeping it clean I feel I am very honestly staying in the 80/20 range. And probably closer to 90/10 for the most part.

The weight gain is all in my belly. My clothes all still fit the same as when I was 180......... except the waistline of my pants.

Is it possible to have a 13 pound tumor? That sound stupid just saying it. But - honestly - the numbers aren't adding up.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I would think a 13 pound tumor would be noticeable and palpable.

Comment

Working...
                                X