Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scale truth.jpg
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• movement today: 40 minutes Barre3, 20 minutes treadmill.

Phew! I'm pooped. I haven't don't much in the way of movement for nearly a year....... since I hurt my shoulder last fall. It does feel good though........
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• That's great! Good for you! I did not get any movement today . I did get up early which was good! Ongoing struggle there. But then I got wrapped up in work stuff and didn't move. Don't stress on the weight! I love that pic. Great mantra for both of us!
        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• thanks, Val! Tomorrow! Make it a goal to just do 15 minutes of something
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• 11:51 - not sleeping. The Cholestyramine works pretty good to control my diarrhea and pain - but it sure makes me feel bloated and a bit nauseous. Especially the bedtime dose. I'm changing to Colestipol, its a pill instead of a powder mix. Supposed to work better and have less side effects. I hope it gets here soon.

Sure seems like the journals are dying off. People seem to be posting less, commenting less. I don't venture over to the forums anymore - just stay with the journal I subscribe to. Like several others have commented - I'm thinking it might be time for me to move on. I feel like I'm not much help to anyone else - and I don't have much of interest to share. If I disappear, just know that I have learned much from everyone. Not saying I will - but I am thinking about it.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm leaving soon, but I don't know when exactly. Not sure what's holding me back at this point.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• No Tomi! you must be my partner I do think journals are dying off but there is a core group I pay attention to and it helps. All that matters for me.
                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I don't think I will ever leave completely. I am glad to have connections on FB with some.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't know that I will ever leave completely either. I seem I need this space on a daily basis. And yes, Val...... I need the partnering also. So I promise to continue to hang out here and help anyone who needs me.

Here's something to boost your spirits today:

Jessica's "Daily Affirmation" - YouTube
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sometimes I get lost in stupid youtube videos.

My weight has finally dropped. Low Fat - Low Fiber seems to be working nicely. My bowels are also much 'firmer' eating this way. And I'm going only twice a day now. Progress.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        I'm leaving soon, but I don't know when exactly. Not sure what's holding me back at this point.
                        I've gotten attached to the people here. Your stories, your lives. Ending my participation feels like turning my back on friendships. I have a hard time with that. We are all just cyber-buddies and I will likely never meet anyone in person -- unless Marcadav and I run into each other and somehow recognize each other. This is the first time I have been involved in any kind of online community so I'm not sure how you "end" the interaction. As weird as it may sound....... I'm still sad that Judg left the forum - and without even a goodbye. I really enjoyed her contributions. Walking away just feels wrong to me.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've gotten wrapped up in and left several online communities over the years, but I started young (early teens). Sometimes, I didn't post actively so leaving never felt like a big deal, though it was clearly an important community for others. A couple of times, I've made the choice to "quit" because I just wasn't getting what I wanted from it anymore.

I like having the community to check in with and chat, but I realize I'm letting it distract me from making progress in my work environment. Limiting my access doesn't work, so I need to leave. Part of me feels connected to the people here, but another part of me thinks "well, they're just internet people" as though you're just fictional
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Yes, I can relate to the "fictional" feel of all of this. I think we are all here for the same reason -- to feel a sense of connection through mutual interests. And, its it nice to have a semi-safe place to vent on life's messes now and then. I've done my fair share of that with dealing with the step daughters and such. Sure am glad that part of life's messes is over for me!

Now that I have my gut issues figured out an am working to stabilize things I feel like the reason I came to the forum has been resolved. I needed help with diet and with finding a fix. I think I've found both now. Bile Acid Malabsorption is my illness - taking bile acid binders and keeping my diet in check is the treatment.

I do still have the weight issues that I am working on - and I feel the need to seek help and support and give it if possible. For that reason alone I will stick around a bit longer. Once I have found my healthy place and feel that I can maintain it on my own I will probably bow out. But I'm guessing that won't be for a long while yet.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have a professional pest control coming tomorrow to see about getting this (these?) rat(s) taken care of. How nasty! Little vermin are pooping all over my attic! And peeing! I don't know what they are eating or how they are getting water unless they have access to the outside. I'm so frustrated! This company is supposed to be able to take care of both the rat(s) and the yellow jackets - and they will spray for spiders and other bugs as well! I'm looking forward to getting them started! It will cost about $35 a month for their full service. They will come get the dead rats out of my house also. They use traps and bait, but I hope not bait outside of a trap cuz I don't want to worry about decaying rat bodies in my ceiling! Yucky.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Work out done. I'm a bit pressed for time so I only did the Barre3 - but I did the Standing Tall - just 20 minutes. That one is a killer! I'll slowly work up to doing the entire 60 minutes. No treadmill today either. I have reached day 3........ and the DOMS are setting in. I don't want to push it too much and end up in so much pain I can't move. That would be counter productive.

Tonight is clean up and set up for the boat shop 20th anniversary luncheon tomorrow. We are expecting 200 people. My Jeep is packed full of drinks, plates and misc other things. The pick up is full of chairs and tables for those elderly customers who will need a place to rest. The meat is being BBQ'd right now - by a wonderful customer who offered his services. Tonight we will be pressure washing, and moving stuff around. I will be cleaning the office restroom (yucky).
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X