No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fridge is packed with healthy food! I'm going to be making cream cheese clouds as soon as the CC and butter soften

We got some really great news! Oldest stepdaughter (25) just got her first real teaching job! And as we had hoped - its quite a distance away. Like on the other side of the state. If she were any further she'd be in Idaho. She really needs this! I'm so excited for her - starting her life with her first full time job! Yeah! Hubby is so excited - both that she got the job and that she will be moving 7 hours away by car. She will be forced to grow up and take on the responsibility of being an adult. Living out on her own while in college didn't help....... she refused to get a checking account until she was 23 years old. She claimed she just wasn't ready to be that grown up yet. Living at her moms for the past 2 years hasn't helped either. She still can't cook anything, and if there isn't ready to eat stuff in the house she will just walk to the burger joint that is 1/2 block away and buy junk food. While living with her sister for a year at college -- her sister did all the cooking and cleaning. She will now be forced to take care of herself. (yes, I have issues with this one --- she nearly cost me my marriage). The crazy part is that she is to report to work in just 10 days. That means making a trip over there to find an apartment this weekend - and then moving next weekend. I will bet you anything she doesn't plan to move all of her stuff with her. But we already talked about this - hubby and I that is - and decided that when she moves - EVERYTHING goes with her. That being said............ I'm about 30% confident it will really happen. Hubby has a way of caving when it comes to the girls. We're are discussing via text right now. He's trying to tell me we can store stuff............ UGH! Frustration is building!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• have done really great today! 1 whole egg plus 3 egg yolks at 3:30 -- 20 hour fast. Had planned on having steak for dinner - but hubby isn't home yet - and its 8:30 pm. Too late to BBQ steaks -- he's going to Nancy's for burgers. They use high quality beef --- I'll eat just the meat, cheese and bacon with a home made salad. Should be okay that way. Throwing away the buns!!!

I made a pan of cream cheese clouds and have already eaten 4 of them! But -- besides the clouds I've only had 475 calories today. 4 clouds are like 8 TB of cream cheese and butter combined. I'll figure the macros and track it.

Final numbers for the day - unless I eat more cream cheese clouds.......... is:

Calories 1220
      Carbs 22%
      Fat 59%
      Protein 20%

Carbs are too high.......... probably because I put honey and cocoa in the clouds. Oh well. Its still only 66 grams of carbs.

Tomorrow is going to be difficult. We'll be working at my sons house all afternoon. Not sure what food will be available. Might have to settle for sliced beef from the deli or something. I planned on BBQing a whole chicken today and taking that - but we are out of pellets for the bbq and the store said they won't have more until Monday. So........ sometimes to best of plans go awry. I think deli beef should be okay. We can pick up all the makings for sandwiches on the way there. We can buy about 2 pounds of meat - that should plenty for 2 of us. I'll cut up some carrot sticks. When we're done - we could go out for a nice steak dinner but we are going to dirty and grimy from doing yard work all day. I think we'll end up with take out on the way home. I've been craving sushi....... but I think the carbs in the rice would kill my numbers. I'll figure out something. I'm determined to do the best I possibly can at this LCHF thing.

I weighed at my moms, 1/2 dressed and was 186.6. I liked that!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• yea you! Back on track and passing all other cars

Great idea about the cream cheese clouds! I think I will make my aunt and cousin some!
        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• thanks, Val I will admit, I ate some French fries with dinner last night -- but I did throw out the bun. The French fries are real, fresh potatoes fried in "the highest quality fry oil" according to the sign on the wall at Nancy's burgers. Whatever that means.

So - my carb count yesterday was probably over 100 grams.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• french fries periodically are okay.....course I love french fries so I may not be the best judge

I made the cream cheese clouds with honey...It was almost better than sex
            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
            height 5'3
            SW 215 lbs
            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
            LW 172 lbs
            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Weight 189.6 (-0.4)

Oldest step daughter gave me permission to help her pack her room here. Basically she said, if its already in boxes or bags just set it out for moving and I'll sort through it all when I get there. So, that was basically her entire room since everything she's put in there is for storage. What's left is one book case, everything on the walls and everything in the closet. She's donating all her clothes because they are all way to small for her now. I guess that means putting a closet full of clothes into bags!

Hubby came through and explained to her that everything goes with her. We had a "discussion" about it this morning. He was going to offer to store stuff she didn't want to take with her out in the shop. I said absolutely NOT! She's had 3 years to go through her room and decided what to keep and what to get rid of - now it all goes with her! It belongs to her and she's taking it with her. Finally I won on something!
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• oh boy.................... I so hoped we didn't have a melt down - but we did. Step daughter totally imploded. Saying............. You just want to be rid of me so you don't have to deal me anymore.

We were simply loading up her stuff into the trailer. She wanted to tell me one bookcase was STAYING. I told her NO, everything goes. Everything is either Going with her, or is donated to charity. She challenges me, stating NO, THOSE BOOKS Stay HERE!!! I SAID no>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hUBBY STEPPED AND TOOK OVER. hE TOLD HER - YOU'RE MOVING out............ PERIOD. IF IT DOESN'T GO WITH YOU - IT GOES TO CHARITY. sHE ABOSULUTILY COLLAPSED!. I MEAN SHE WAS STANDING IN HER CLOSET - FACE BURIED IN THE WALL 0 BAWLING LIKE A BABY...................... SCREAMING YOU WANT ME OUT SO YOU CAN TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT ME!~@@@

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT.................. I THINK MY STEP DAUGHTER IS MENTALLY ILL. SHE IS 25 YEARS OLD!!!

oN TOP OF ALL THIS................. THE only THING SHE LEFT ON THE WALL IN HER ROOM IS THE CROSS THAT I GAVE HER - 14 YEARS AGO. wHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?????
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• That in her mind it's all you fault and she's making sure you know it........ Move on, her issue not yours. It's the equivalent of a toddler saying I don't love you anymore.

And really a meltdown over books. If they are childhood favorites she'd want to take them. If they are textbooks with no more use she can sell them if they aren't too old. Sounds like they were heavy and she didn't want to carry them! Again her issue......
                  Last edited by Pedidoc; 08-11-2014, 05:24 AM.
                  Female 55
                  Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                  Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Confession: I got rip roaring drunk last night!!!

the books are just novels that she wants to sell to a bookstore. I told her she can take them to a store in Boise and sell them. She ignored that and again told me the books are staying. It was just her way of keeping a hold on that room. She did the same thing at her moms by leaving up all her pictures and posters on the walls even though they are turning that room into an office. You can bet her mom takes down everything as soon as she can.

Hubby "compromised" on the books and told her he would box them up and take them to a lady he knows who has a small store where she sells odds and ends. (I think he made that up) He said he had to do something to calm her down. She was crying so hard she could barely breath.

I get that she's scared. She's moving 450 miles away and starting a new job. But at 25 you'd think she would be ready for this. I don't understand her meltdown. And I can't believe how immature she is.

But --- she's out. And I can finally relax. Tuesday she and her mom are going to fly over for her orientation and look for her a place a to live. Friday the 20 ft trailer goes to her moms house so they can pack up everything over there - and Saturday they all drive the 7 hours and get her moved into her new place. Done.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• And the room gets turned into?
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• ironing table will be in there -- my sewing machine -- a whatever room I guess.

Just packed up the 4 boxes of books she left behind. and sorted through the pile of crap she left in the middle of the floor. Prom dresses and a couple knick knacks will go to charity - everything else is going in the garbage. Will give the twin bed to someone also.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Not going to work today. My gut is messed up. My fault. I ate chocolate cake and ice cream last night. And too much of it.

Hubby took the cross to work with him and when step daughter came by to drop off more clothes for Joe's family he gave it to her. She acted like it was just forgotten, saying "oh, I thought everything was down and packed" Uh huh.............. I told him I thought she was making a point by leaving it on the wall. He didn't respond.

I need to decide what color I'm going to paint the room. Right now its purple with blue, pink, green and yellow spatter paint - ceiling and all. So - it will take a couple coats of heavy primer to start with. I'm thinking a soft butter yellow Something cheerful, but also soothing. The room needs some softness. I feel like it needs a blessing to get rid of all the bad energy that's in there.

Youngest step daughter said her room at her moms house was also crammed full of crap. She's kept everything she's ever had. Clothes, books, school work, cards, notes. We all decided she has hoarding tendencies. She's definitely immature - and has some serious self esteem issues. I think when her mom left it really messed her up. She was just 8 years old when she divorced their dad. That scared little 8 year old is still hiding inside of her. She came out yesterday and had a temper tantrum. She's come out many times over the years and had lots of temper tantrums.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                            I get that she's scared. She's moving 450 miles away and starting a new job. But at 25 you'd think she would be ready for this. I don't understand her meltdown. And I can't believe how immature she is.
                            Why should she be? What example has she had in her life that might prepare her for such a huge move and change in environment? (My therapist asks me this when I talk about having difficulty starting and finishing projects; my parents never did/do.) As much as she wants it, it's still a daunting undertaking. She probably has some anxiety issues that should be treated by a professional. I don't think she means to be selfish, she just doesn't know what else to do or see how acting differently could make her feel better. It's hard to let go of the shelter of negativity when it's the thing that's most familiar.

Scrolled up a little more to get some more of the story. She clearly does not know how to understand or communicate her feelings. Have some patience. That is a difficult skill to learn and I think most people don't even come close.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm not without sympathy or patience. I totally understand why she is feeling anxiety. Its the things she says that are so bizarre.

"You just want to kick me out so you can forget about me"

"You want to get me out of here so you don't have to deal with me anymore"

She has her sister, multiple cousins and step brother as examples of moving out and starting a life as an adult and being responsible for themselves. She has all her friends who have also moved out of their parents homes, many, most, are already married and have children. Many of her friends have moved far away for jobs or school. She has plenty of examples.

I remember moving out of my moms house - I was scared! I know its a daunting, life altering event that she is about take. But why would she think we want to forget about her? That's the part that I don't get. She seriously does need to seek professional help. I tried to get hubby to take both girls to counseling when they were younger, but they refused and he wouldn't push it.

Youngest step daughter is mature and handling life like a champ. She's living in Portland with her boyfriend, going to school to be an environmental engineer, working. She gets straight A's. She was just awarded an internship that will likely guaranty her a job when she graduates.

I think that's a pretty good example right there.

I handled things very calmly when I was telling her the books weren't staying in the room. I simply stated that the books needed to go with her and she could sell them in Boise. She looked me square in the eye and said "the books are staying". I said "no, they're not" and walked out of the room. Then hubby took over and that's when she had the melt down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• spent a couple hours cleaning up the mess that was left. 4 huge garbage bags plus a bunch of misc loose stuff, like a body pillow and a shoe rack. There is one box with stuff to go to Good Will and about 5 prom dresses that will also be donated. Oh, and the 4 huge boxes of books that were left on the shelves. And a big bin filled with papers that go all the way back to kindergarten. I vacuumed and my goodness! that room hasn't been cleaned in 3 years! Dusty and horrible. I had take the bed out and clean under it to. I'm going to let hubby haul everything outside and figure out how to dispose of it.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X