No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Tomi! Enjoy your dinner.

I will be having dinner with my girls tonight to celebrate their birthday.They are 24 today.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
      Happy birthday tomi!! Today is hubby's bd too!! Hope you have a great evening!
      Originally posted by marcadav View Post
      Happy Birthday, Tomi! Enjoy your dinner.

I will be having dinner with my girls tonight to celebrate their birthday.They are 24 today.
      Gosh - Birthdays EVERYWHERE! Happy birthday to hubby and the girls!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I mowed the grass and sprayed some weeds with my new go to weed killer - thank you facebook!

1 gallon white vinegar
        2 cups Epsom salts
        1/4 cup Original Dawn Dishwashing liquid
        8-10 cups of water

mix it all up in a bucket - or 2 gallon sprayer. Its kills spurge so it must be pretty good! It doesn't do much on Holly or Blackberry vines though

My lawn is finally starting to look nice again. Hubby did the best he could while working 14 hours days....... but he just couldn't give it the tender loving care that I can with the time I have. It needs a bit more fertilizer before fall, and then good dose of the fall stuff. We took out some plants around the front walk and haven't replaced them. So, it looks a bit bare and messy. Next spring we will be putting in a new walkway so I'll worry about the landscaping when that project is done. I'm trying to decide if I want stamped concrete or pavers. I'm leaning towards the stamped concrete. More projects............

I'm eating grapes. First "fruits" of the day!
        Last edited by tomi; 07-25-2014, 05:09 PM.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Happy birthday Tomi. Here's to a great next year!
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks for the birthday wishes We went out to dinner. We shared an Seared Ahi appetizer. I ate one tiny sliver of sourdough bread. Then a cup of wonderful clam chowder - I put the oyster crackers in it! Then dinner was Bake Salmon stuffed with a crab and lobster sauce with some kind of creamy sauce over the top. Red potatoes and steamed veggies. It was a very good meal! We skipped dessert - but opted for a couple glasses of rum/diet coke on the patio, with a blazing fire in the pit. It was a good birthday. A customer who does flowers brought hubby a gorgeous bouquet to give me for my birthday.

Today we will head up to the boat after hubby gets done with work and we run some errands. Tomorrow the kids are coming up.

Weight is still coming down. 188.6 this morning.

I may have found my perfect dosage of the Cholestyramine. Things are going well in that department.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Was feeling great all weekend. Meds are working. I missed my bedtime dose last night and have been having mild issues this morning. I have to remember that this isn't a "build up" medicine - every dose counts. I decided to take a double dose this morning.

Eating eggs. Need more.

Good time on the boat with the kids. They are got there at 1 pm. There was lots of kayaking (but not for me). Lots of talking and laughing. Good day. We were back at the dock at 6:30. The kids took off as 2 of them had a 2 hour drive home. We cleaned up the boat, put everything away and snapped down the cover. Our boat is such a blessing!

We made plans for 2 weeks from now to have the kids down for a curry cooking lesson and then dinner and fire on the patio.

The relationship between myself and the girls is so much better. Youngest has completely made the transition into her independent life and we now have a very comfortable relationship. And her boyfriend fits perfectly into the family! Oldest is still a work in progress, but things are much more relaxed between her and I. She's still living with her mom (she'll be 25 in November). And she doesn't do any cooking or cleaning - she is pretty lazy by nature. Hubby and I hope she finds a job a good days drive away from here so it will force her to take responsibility for herself. Her bedroom here is still being used as a storage unit - and is quite frankly still her "strong hold" over a piece of our lives. It will take a U Haul truck to move all her junk when the time comes for her to move. She's had 2 job interviews in the past 2 weeks - both at towns 6-8 hours away. Unfortunately she didn't get either job. She's feeling a bit down about her prospects. But, she perseveres! She has a rather controlling attitude toward teaching -- she has said on several occasions that she doesn't care if they like her or not, but they will respect her and do what they are told. Not sure that's the right attitude to have - and if that comes across too strong in her interviews it might be what is keeping her from being hired. I think she has a bit of OCD in her - and keeping order and control of her environment is very important to her.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• I want to work out with this guy.............

This Guy Decided To Do The Unexpected On The Treadmill. So smooth! | Superstar Magazine
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                      What is so funny is no one is paying him any attention!
                      Female 55

Comment

• I bet he does that all the time - and the patrons of this gym are just used to it. He's pretty dang smooth on his feet!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• okay............. so after a couple of weeks on contemplation I've decided to do VLC again. Paula reminded me that I had done very well on this once before. So........... protein and non-starchy veggies are my new best friends. I BBQ'd 4 chicken breasts (at 10:30 am) and am eating one along with a mug of homemade chicken broth as I type.

I revisited "Sugar - The Bitter Truth" on youtube again, and found that he has a recent revisiting of the subject as well. I watched/listened to that yesterday as I was doing the bills/deposit for the boat shop. He very firmly points out that sugar and alcohol are equally poisonous to our bodies. They have recently released the results of a new study where they have taken the data gathered in 4 studies (there's a name for that) and have analyzed the data and come to some very obvious conclusions. I will attempt to explain their findings........... put quite simply.......... economic growth in any area of the world has resulted in the ability to afford sugar and alcohol and over time they have seen a direct correlation between increased income and increased weight of the population. Before the countries could afford sugar and alcohol their weight remained healthy - but as the income level increased -- sugar and alcohol consumption increased - and even though the country remains largely under nourished they are seeing an increase in fat stores. Fat, under nourished people, eating sweets and drinking alcohol.

Makes me want to slap myself upside the head for every cookie and glass of liquor I've consumed.

If you are struggling with the sugar demon or the alcohol demon.......... watch "Sugar the Bitter Truth" and its sequel. It makes a difference in how you look at those two things.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• It's a meta analysis - top of the research triangle - most trusted research.
                            Female 55

Comment

• I used to know that............. funny how you get out of school and lose some of what was common every day language.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• It's part of what I'm teaching this summer and being tested on Monday!
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X