No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have often used the same thought process - i.e. I need to lose 1 lb, 80 times.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      I have often used the same thought process - i.e. I need to lose 1 lb, 80 times.
      *thumbs up*

I just need to be of the mindset....... slow and steady wins the race. My daily mantra is going to be "I just want to lose a couple more pounds"

Mind games........... I'm not sure why I think I can trick myself into losing weight - but I've done it all my life. It used to work when I had a husband who told me I was fat at 140 pounds. Now I have a husband who tells me I'm gorgeous just the way I am! Every woman's dream husband!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• without going into detail............. I just have to say - at this moment my husband is a big fat jerk!!! I'm so angry at him, and I'm so hurt!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sometimes men are BFJ because they don't like change. No idea what he did, but if he's anything like mine he thought he was being supportive (you look great, no need to loose weight, let's go eat {fill in the unhealthy food}). You just have to power thru and remember he loves you.
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Thanks, Pedidoc -- but this has nothing to do with food or weight.

EDIT: I ranted on my hubby.......... I deleted it.
            Last edited by tomi; 07-23-2014, 06:59 AM.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've come to a conclusion.............. I have addictive tendencies when it comes to what goes into my mouth. Alcohol or sweets.

Yesterday - after having an issue with hubby I stuffed down my hurt and anger with 2 desserts! YUP.......... and I still feel sick because of it. I think I'm broken.

Weight today 191.8
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• You're not broken - you simply reacted to a stimulus. There are other ways to react, but when we're hurt, we take the easiest reaction there is. As women, we tend to clam up and stuff our faces. You just need to find a new way to react - take a walk, furiously clean the house (this is my new one - if I start to furiously clean the house, Brad knows I'm pissed about something), gardening, working out... something other than eating. I'm sorry for whatever hubby did to upset you and I understand eating your emotions. I do it too. I hope he apologized for whatever it was he did and that you guys can work past it.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• It was all over about 30 minutes after he got home from work last night. We didn't even talk about it after the phone conversations. He knows he was being a jerk - he apologized a bunch. The thing is - this type of thing happens over and over and over. So his "I'm sorry" is meaning less and less and less each time I hear it. I told him if he was truly sorry he'd stop repeating the offense! The problem is this: He is such a nice guy that he can't say NO to people. This often results in inconveniencing me, disappointing or hurting me, or putting me out in some way, shape or form. He KNOWS that it is going to cause me grief in some way - but he does it anyway because its easier to disappoint or anger me than it is to disappoint or anger someone else. I told him if he would put his wife's feelings above the feelings of others a little more often he wouldn't have to say I'm sorry quite so often. And trust me........... where this issue is concerned, he says I'm sorry A LOT!!!

I'm trying to purge my system so I haven't eaten since last nights face stuffing! I am currently eating watermelon. Trying to decide if I'm going to have dinner or not. I'm leaning toward at least having some protein so I won't be hungry during the night. I don't sleep well if I'm hungry.

I'm not sure if I will have any work tomorrow. I have to go in early since the dietitian will be working in the afternoon and we share a workspace. I think I will call in the morning......... if there is nothing pressing I might just take the day off....... maybe do my shopping with mom tomorrow so I will have Friday completely free.

My gut has been great today! A small BM this morning - nothing since, and no pain at all. I'm hoping this med is going to be my answer! I have noticed that fatty foods cause me to have "floaters". So I'm thinking that the fat must be passing through rather than being absorbed. Since I'm taking a bile acid binder, there is likely less bile to break down the fats. This could be a good thing........... large molecules of fat are unabsorbed and pass right through!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• oh dear.............. perfect opportunity to test hubby to see if can say no to someone............ his nephew called - apparently he and his wife are fighting again. When they fight - she kicks him out - he calls to see if he can crash at our house - he says he can't talk about what they are fighting about - he spends 4 hours on the phone talking to her - he leaves in the middle of the night without even a thank you or a good bye. And we don't hear a thing from him until the whole thing starts over again. And it ALWAYS starts over again!!! UGH! We've been through this countless times!!!

I told hubby I'm done with this. If he wants our help then he can come here - but if he just needs a place to hide out while they work it out over the phone then NO, he can't come here. I told him he can only come here if I can talk to his wife first.

So - lets see if hubby respects my wishes or if nephew shows up and hubby hasn't said a word to him. I'm not letting him stay unless its on my terms.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Nephew never called. Guess they worked it out.

Bo Bo kitty is re-growing the hair on her back so I guess maybe the new food is helping. She looks thinner too, so that's a plus.

My gut .............. not so great today. I just don't have my dose right yet I think. I'm not having watery diarrhea anymore - but still discomfort and several trips to the bathroom daily. Its always worse in the morning so I think I'm going to double my dose at night. One packet in the morning and 2 packets at bedtime. Or maybe I should go to one packet 3 times a day? that might give me a more steady supply of binders in the gut. 10 am, 4 pm, and 10 pm. I'll try that. Starting today. If this doesn't get me more regular I'm going to add the hydrolyzed gelatin. I had a person tell me that gelatin alone fixed her bile acid troubles.

Bestie and her hubby leave for Korea in the morning. Their son was supposed to be taking them up to Portland tonight, but they can't get ahold of him so I offered to drive them up. Hope my gut calms down soon.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• weight 191 dropping a bit daily.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Bestie says her son is taken them to Portland so my offer is not needed.

I'm drinking a large mug of home made chicken broth! yummy. I do make good broth.

So - I'm feeling like my head is in a good place again. I'm ready to hit it hard and reach for those goals again.

My gut finally settled down. Second dose of Cholestyramine in just about an hour and 20 minutes. I'm getting on the tread mill and the bow flex.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I made my first goal......... to get back down into the 180s! 189.6 today! woo hoo! I'm keeping my thoughts rooted in my new mantra......... "I just want to lose a couple more pounds!"

Next goal 187.

Its mom day. Off I go.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• shopping with mom done for another 2 weeks. Bills paid and checking account balanced.

Today is my 54th birthday. Hubby is taking me out for dinner and then we're having a family gathering at the lake on Sunday. I'm not big on birthdays....... but it is nice to feel loved and appreciated by all the birthday wishes.

My gut is good today! I started on 3 packets per day yesterday.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Happy birthday tomi!! Today is hubby's bd too!! Hope you have a great evening!
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X