Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reached my holy crap range - 200... *hangshead*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Jenn.......... are you ready to reverse the damage? I sure am. I know I'm retaining water cuz I got up this morning with GIANT water bags under my eyes. I'll bet 5 pounds is just water - but the other 9 is bread, sugar, rum, diet coke, and PUFA's.

We reap what we sow, right???
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Started today.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• me too --- see post in your journal
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Me three. 218 + 19 from low.

Tomi you are so right about being ready. Today I finally feel ready to suffer through the sugar withdrawals.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So my tummy is not good today. First bad day since starting the Cholestyramine on the 17th. I've had several BMs - but none the watery diarrhea type - just very loose and accompanied by a tummy ache. As I said earlier I will up my dose to 2 per day starting today. 10 am and 10 pm. I read a post my woman who said she needed to take a dose at bedtime to deal with the overnight bile drip. That makes perfect sense. Since there is no gall bladder for the bile to be stored in - it constantly drips into the intestine. So if I am only taking the med once in the morning - there is no protection for the entire 24 hours. So........ twice a day it is.

I need to get back down to my scheduled goal weight. I am up 10 pounds from where I wanted to be right now. I have set a very modest weight loss plan. Just 1 pound per week. At that rate I lose the weight in one year. And if it comes off faster then I will be all the better for it! However - to get back on schedule I will need to lose it a bit faster in the beginning. I'm guessing 5-6 pounds is just water weight from poor eating. The other 4-5 pounds is fat for sure. So - may be in about a month I will be back on track if I am very strict and move more!

I did my PT exercises this morning. Doesn't seem like much - but he said I need to start slow to wake up those muscles that are still sleeping.

Haircut tomorrow back to short!!
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Me three. 218 + 19 from low.

Tomi you are so right about being ready. Today I finally feel ready to suffer through the sugar withdrawals.
                You can do it, Paula!!! For me its the bread............... I do love bread! At one time I wasn't even craving it anymore - but somehow it sneaks back in and causes troubles! That and rum and diet coke. My weakness for sure.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Me three. 218 + 19 from low.

My biggest bed eating time is when I get home from work. I'm always empty and feeling the need for food! I will often grab the quickest thing I can find to shove into my mouth.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Tomi- I fear this may come across as harsh. My intention is not to be mean, but to point out a pattern I see. I have the same kind of problems-maybe that is why I am picking up on it.

Here are some items from your journal over the past few weeks:

It is more expensive in pain to keep eating things which are bad for you.

Probably because you had wheat and sugar every day. yes, the alcohol may be a problem for you, but don't forget the things you had a couple of days ago. The opioids in wheat often leave us feeling good right after, disguising the damage they are doing to us.

Not weird at all. You have labelled your own problem: you feel fine right after eating 'bad' stuff, but the symptoms invariably hit a few days later, when you are puzzled by them, and try to start tweaking supplements, the food you are eating, sleep aids, etc.

You already know that grain and sugar are bad for you, but you are not letting your own experiences teach you this. You are still waiting for outside validation. But it is your own body speaking to you. What can know better than that?

I am saying this as someone with the same problems. I know it is hard. But don't discount the knowledge that you YOURSELF have put down here in this journal. Just take a look at it.

Stern voice- out.
                    Big hugs. And I hope this is a help to you.
                    I have to jump in and reiterate what Sabine said 2 weeks ago. You're still here. I hope the new supplement work out for your bile issues, but you might want to look closer at all those extras that repeatedly cause you gi issues. Cut out the crap, and stick to one plan for more than a week or two.

Don't mean to be critical, just observations. I really hope you can find a permanent solution to be healthy.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thanks, Greensprout. I agree also.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Perhaps also consider having some clean foods prepped so you have something to reach for when you get home from work hungry before dinner. Whatever works for you. Whether that's some precooked meats, fruit, boiled eggs, or something you know is easily digestible, satisfying, and appealing to you. Preparation is huge.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                          My biggest bed eating time is when I get home from work. I'm always empty and feeling the need for food! I will often grab the quickest thing I can find to shove into my mouth.
                          Since you know you are hungry when you get home from work and tend to eat whatever can be found quickly, I suggest you make a plan that changes that dynamic. Either eat a predetermined/brought from home healthy snack about an hour before quitting time or have a predetermined/ready snack at home waiting for you.

I will say this again, I think you may be going too long between meals, getting too hungry, and then making poor choices. I think this especially true when you reach for the quickest, often nutritionally lacking, thing you can find.

This is why I have suggested 3 primal meals a day for 30-60 days. After that, you will hopefully have better blood sugar/hunger control and can slowly space meals further apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                            Perhaps also consider having some clean foods prepped so you have something to reach for when you get home from work hungry before dinner. Whatever works for you. Whether that's some precooked meats, fruit, boiled eggs, or something you know is easily digestible, satisfying, and appealing to you. Preparation is huge.
                            I agree with this. Also, you know you will be hungry when you get home, so maybe you should eat a hard boiled egg or a handful of nuts before you leave work. That will give you time to heat up something when you get home.
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Tomi, look up the side effects of your new medicine. Maybe weight gain is in there, maybe it isn't, but it would be good to know, right?
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions on prepping something so I have a healthy food to grab. I will work on that!

Cholestyramine has both weight loss and weight gain as side effects - but after reading the studies I believe it is more due to the nature of the illness than the drug itself. People with bile acid diarrhea are mostly underweight because they don't eat if they have to go someplace (eating triggers the bowels to go into action). After going on this drug and finding the diarrhea goes away they eat more............resulting in weight gain. The drug itself does not have any action outside of the bowels. It is strictly a binding agent. So, its a cause and effect thing I guess.

My weight is down today 191.2 - not surprised cuz I used the potty a LOT yesterday! I want to see 180 again and then I will be happier.......... and hopefully will keep the momentum going. I feel horribly bloated - which is a side effect of this drug.

My boss gave me a good weight loss thought focus......... he said people who need to lose weight don't need to lose X # of pounds - they just need to lose ONE pound......... then lose another ONE pound. Just ONE pound at a time. I'm going to try to focus on that instead of the big picture.

I'm getting my hair cut this morning!

So far my bowels are doing okay. I have a small tummy ache but I don't think its going to develop into anything bad.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X