No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having birth city info helps them with criminal background checks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      Having birth city info helps them with criminal background checks.
      oh........... never thought of that.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm feeling a bit nauseous today. I couldn't sleep last night........ got up and ate stupid things. I hate when I do that.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• doctor visit went well and she thinks this is very likely my problem. I'm heading to the pharmacy to pic up my prescription of Cholestyramine I wanted Welchol, but there isn't a generic and it was over $300 for a month! ouch.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Just took my first dose of Cholestyramine. It was gritty - but really not bad. I'm used to the grittiness of the DE and this wasn't even that gritty. Hoping for no troubles in the morning! I'm not sure how quickly it works........ just hopeful thinking.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay.......... DAY 1 of bile acid binder treatment.

So far I have not had a BM.

Today will be a busy one. My to do list:

Finish the shopping for the party that we are having Saturday night.
              Pay bills and do deposit for the boat shop.
              Write a letter to disgruntle customer.
              Call a friend.
              Vacuum house and organize kitchen for cooking.
              Boil potatoes and make potato salad.
              Cook hamburger, onions and bacon and assemble Beef, Bacon and Bean casserole.
              Make Southwestern Coleslaw.
              Bake Blackberry Pie Bars.
              Bake Brownies.

Oh yes - PT at 3:45
              Last edited by tomi; 07-18-2014, 08:57 AM.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• We have a new friend frequenting our yard

deer.jpgdeer1.jpg
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• So far so good on the meds!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good luck with the meds!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Thanks, heregoesnothing!

I've done great today! A couple tummy aches, but nothing big.

Went to PT and had a new guy since my regular girl is on vacation. Wow - he really worked on me! I wish the regular girl was as good as this guy. He's got a lot more experience but still. He gave me some good advice and exercises to do to start waking up the muscles that are still sleeping.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Normal BM today no diarrhea for 2 days.

What a crazy busy day. I built a potato salad, coleslaw, brownies, blackberry pie bars, fruit bowl, beef bacon and bean casserole. Set up the patio, helped make the kabobs, vacuumed the house, clean up the cluttered areas, helped book a flight for oldest daughter, and showered! Ready for the party!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Have fun!
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Party was great - started at 5:30 with an early bird and ended at 2:00 am with the late stragglers. Food all turned out really great - but we had tons of left overs! Except for dessert - only 2 small pieces of blackberry pie bars remain. We got up at around 10 and started with the clean up of dishes and reorganizing the patio. Hubby put some fertilizer on the grass and is now peacefully sleeping on the sofa.

we have a sick fishy in our pond. Not sure whats wrong. It started a couple weeks ago with some odd behavior. We pulled him out of the pond to inspect and found he had very red gills and a suspicious mark on his throat. We assumed a blue heron that had been hanging around the pond had stabbed him. I gave him salt baths twice a day for 3 days and he seemed to be doing great. Today I noticed a discoloration on his side so I pulled out of the pond and the spot on his throat has turned into hole large enough that I could put a finger in it. Its clear through to his mouth. The spot on his side was a red spot - and when I put him in the holding tank he lost 2 scales from that site. We called our pond guy and he said to try the salt baths again. He's been eating just fine, and swimming normally. He doesn't appear to be in any distress. If the hole gets bigger I will have to do the only human thing and put him down. He is our oldest and largest koi. I will be sad to lose him. But, he is a fish........ not like a dog or cat.

Weight is up......... no sure why. Nothing different in food or activity. I'm up 3 pounds and into the dreaded range!!!

Gut is doing great! 4 days on new meds and no diarrhea!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Glad to hear the gut is doing well. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Thanks, Sabine! So far so good! I'm going up the Cholestyramine to 2 doses a day since I'm still going to the potty 2-3 times a day. I'm taking it mid morning and I will add a bedtime dose - that puts my doses at 12 hours apart.

My weight is up more. I am currently up a total of 14 pounds from my lowest a few months ago. The last 5 have been just over the weekend!!!!! Could be just the change in my bowels. Since I'm not having diarrhea 10 times a day I'm not losing water through my bowels. I guess I'm hanging on to it instead. I will see if it normalizes over the next couple weeks. They to lose water weight you have to drink water........ so, I'm pushing water!!

Food over the weekend was not great. I've gotten off track over the past couple months. The occasional deviation has become common place - not every day, but certainly on the weekends. Time to get back on the straight and narrow. Today I start over.

So - for the sake of honesty and full disclosure: weight = 194 (holy crap range)
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X