No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my gut is not happy today. I was fine at the beach - 4 days with no tummy issues. Come home Monday and Tuesday it starts up again. Weird.

Weight - no change.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• We are having the fish pond cleaned today by a professional. It feels weird to hire out such things - normally I do this kind of stuff - but this year it just isn't possible. I'm getting a new fish today also. He calls it a Blue Dragon.

Tummy still not feeling great. I have about an hour before I need to leave for work.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Glad your vacation was fun!
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks, Jenn

Tummy has been not great for 3 days. Missed work on Tuesday - not good but functional on Wed and today. I can only guess it is the result of eating poorly over the weekend. I wasn't horrible - but I indulged too much. I also had rum/diet coke when I got home on Monday ......... so, I am thinking my gut is retaliating I've been eating clean for 2 days now so I'm hoping the gut will calm down. No diarrhea today, but tummy ache all day.

I go to PT in a few minutes. Not wanting to.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• tummy is better tonight. Pain went away during PT. I ate well today. My weight was down a pound. I will have to work hard but I am going to try my best to stay strictly primal over the holiday weekend at the lake. I have to go shopping tomorrow - I will take plenty of good healthy snacks (fruit) and lots of meats. Maybe some pre-baked sweet potatoes and veggies. I wish I could get my husband to stop eating junk food.

PT was encouraging! I've been given the okay to start using my bowflex on the lightest resistance setting - which is the equivalent of 5 pound weights. I am also to do across the chest arm stretches.

This is very good news as I am anxious to rebuild my strength and flexibility.

My boss (manager) is on vacation until the 21st. That means I'm in charge of getting bills to the bookkeeper, and making sure little needs are met with staff while he is out. I have to distribute payroll checks on Monday, make sure the billing department has stamps, little stuff - but its more than my usual responsibilities.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think I've been spammed......... or whatever those ^ things are called. Hasn't happened in a long time.

I'm unable to sleep............ and just ate some shameful things. It involved gluten and peanut butter. Late night will power is not my strong suit.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hey Tomi. Hope you had a great weekend. Missed you around here.
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• thanks, Pedidoc

I had a busy and fun weekend. Friday night we were on the Willamette River watching the fireworks. At midnight we packed up and drove the hour to the lake and were greeted with a very messy situation to clean up before we could retire for the night. Apparently someone decided our boat was a public restroom and free food counter. They used our toilet....... leaving a #2 unflushed and about a 1/2 roll of toilet paper in the bowl. It required removal by hand.......... STINK to high heaven........... and many fans to air out the stench. They also took a full container of cashews and 4 starbucks frappachino's. It could have been worse......... but it was bad enough as it was. We ended up crawling into bed at around 1:30. The rest of the weekend was wonderful ............... lots of fun..... lots of food..........(no alcohol).......... a couple cookies and a little bread. Overall I didn't do too bad. Got a bit of a burn on my arms and upper chest and back.

Bestie and her hubby and daughter came on Sunday. We had a full boat and loved every minute of it.

I wanted to kayak so badly - but thought better of it since my shoulder has been doing weird things.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• The nerve of some people!
                    Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                      The nerve of some people!
                      I know......... the toilet mess was bad enough......... but then when we realized they had stolen things we got really mad!!! I mean - okay - so you need to use the toilet, and you don't know how to turn on the water pump so you can flush......... okay, I could deal with that part okay. But then the realization that they were snooping through the boat - and felt free to take what did not belong to them was very disturbing!!!!

Luckily they didn't find my husbands $180 Maui Jims or decided to take the boat out for a spin....... hubby leaves the keys in the ignition.

I'm really angry at hubby............ I've been asking him for 3 years now to stop leaving the keys and his sun glasses on the boat - and have asked him to fix the lock so the boat and our possessions are secure. His response is always........ "no one is going to the bother the boat - its safe here" Well, I tell you........ I played my "I TOLD YOU SO" card pretty heavily on this one!!!! It was all in good fun --- and I hid my anger from hubby........... but I'd like to kick him in the ass now!!!

As a result of the recent break in and toilet defiling he is now fixing the lock and will no longer be leaving the keys on the boat.

Why couldn't he have done these things BEFORE we had a break in???

MEN!!!!!! They are so frustrating!!!!!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Weight is still stable. Unfortunately............. I'm at the top of my comfort zone again. 189. Maybe summer isn't the time to be trying to lose weight.

I have the go ahead to use the bowflex now - so maybe that will help with the weight troubles.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• This morning I did a reassessment of my supplements. I've eliminated a couple of things that I believe have caused the diarrhea over the past week. If I'm right I should start to feel better in the next couple days and see an improvement in my bowel habits and pain levels.

Food...... well, summer guests are gone now and I can get back on track. Back to strict primal eating. Its hard when you're traveling with people who don't eat this way, or when you're having house guests who don't eat this way. Okay - its just plain hard - no excuses needed.

I'm going to try to have one smoothie per day - for the benefits of the banana for the bowels, and the berries and coconut milk for nutrients. Besides that it will be back to meat and veggies. I will make a stop at the store on the way home from work as the only veggies in the house are carrots.

Weight was up today - I've passed my comfort zone............ 191.2 most likely due to the Mexican food and ice cream we had last night.

I've been doing good with not having alcohol. The key is to keep it out of the house.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have come to the conclusion that very few people are continuing to follow my journal now. I guess most have given up on me. I'm not terrible encouraging or interesting. I don't have a firm grasp on the side rails of the primal wagon and I obvious am not having great success in meeting my goals. I am 2 years and 9 months into my primal journey and what have I accomplished?

I have found that eating primal has controlled my fibromyalgia symptoms.

However:
                            My weight is still within 5 pounds of where I started.
                            I still have chronic diarrhea.
                            I will still give in to the cravings of desserts and alcohol far to often.

I will continue to use this journal because I need a place to sort things out. And maybe I will be able to encourage and enlighten someone else at some point.

I'm having an Eeyore day.

I have decided when I run out of the digestive aids that I am now taking - if I don't see a measurable improvement in my bowel habits, I am going to make an appointment with the College of Oriental Medicine in Beaverton. This has gone on long enough and if I can't fix it myself - then I need to find help.

Shoulder: my PT is coming to a close. She mentioned that the 25th might be my last appointment. So, I will be on my own to regain strength and mobility from there. I'm good with that. I don't find the sessions to be of much benefit anymore.
                            Last edited by tomi; 07-08-2014, 11:42 AM.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• You know tomi, I used to feel that way. Then I started to watch the number of views I was getting rather than looking for posts. I realized that a lot of people were reading my journal and that really changed things for me. Although I enjoy having people post and interacting with my friends here, it doesn't drive my own posting as much as it used to. Also I realised that it is really for me, regardless of the feedback I get or don't get. It really helps me work things out and also provides an outlet for things I can't say to people in real life.
                              My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• How do you track views?
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X