No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry things have been rough It's really hard to eat right when life isn't going smoothly.

I hope you can get yourself back on the right path --- hang out here with us!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• just had a nice long chat with the wife of the guy who works for us at the boatshop. We're conspiring to get our 2 over weight husbands to eat healthier! Now, if I can just get her to change to primal eating............ we'll have a shot!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Heya, just catching up after my weekend away. I like the plotting. I'm trying to work on my hubby too. He doesn't have much to lose, but another half stone or so would stop him snoring, which has come back - ugh!

Hope you are getting back on track again

Comment

• Had a terrific family weekend with my 3 sisters and my mom.

Ate wonderfully healthy meals............. and terribly indulgent desserts.

Time to get back on track. I fear I've gained 5 pounds in 5 days.

But, I had a great time doing it!
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well - I didn't gain any weight - shockingly!

My bowels behaved themselves all weekend - no diarrhea at all!

I ate wheat in the form of bread, crackers which were a carrier for my homemade salmon spread (yum), pie crust and chocolate cake. I also ate a small bowl of ice cream every night. So, wheat and sugar every day - but not terrible big amounts of it. Maybe one piece of bread daily, 6 or 8 crackers daily, one slice of my sisters homemade apple pie, and a small piece of store bought cake (was a birthday celebration). I'm feeling a bit bloated, and had leg aches after the pie and ice cream - but I am thankful for the stable weight.

Sister and BIL from Idaho are spending a couple nights at the beach and then will be here with us for a couple days. They will be spending the night of the 5th on the lake with us as well. I'm looking forward to this weekend. Hubby wants to drive up the mountain to the lake after we watch the fireworks on the river the night of the 4th. I'd like to stay off the roads - but he's pretty set on going. I need to start planning meals and get things gathered up. Sounds like my son is joining us on the 5th as well.

My shoulder is doing okay - but I wish it was doing better
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Just found out bestie and her hubby will be stopping by the lake on the 6th for a visit! YAY!
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I will start taking the bowel soothing herbs today. Hoping for gut balance!! My gut is doing okay today. A little discomfort - probably because I had rum last night. :/
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• gotta go to work..................... don't want to.

EDIT: started to go to work........ got 4 blocks from home and had to turn around. Barely made it to the little girls room!!! GRRRR! Called boss....... he's very understanding. Not going to work today. He just texted - told me to sit near the air conditioner and read a good book all afternoon. (I love my boss)

So........... now I'm bored.

We're having the trim on our house painted. There isn't much - its vinyl siding, but there is some wood trim around the garage door and around the windows in the old part of the house. The guy is fixing some dry rot too It will be nice to know I don't have to think about painting for another 10 years or so. The south side of the house was getting really bad. In Oregon - we get sun damage on the South side - and mildew on the North side!!!
                  Last edited by tomi; 07-01-2014, 02:14 PM.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• have not eaten very good today. too many things in the house tempting me............. plus I'm really tired and just don't give a crap.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I understand being "really tired". It's been a busy eventful week.

Comment

• glad you're back! Did every thing go well???
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• The wedding was fantastic. Even the event staff said it was one of the best weddings they'd been a part of.

We were detained on our return at the airport security checkpoint. We were taking my daughter's wedding dress home and it didn't pass the scanner. Unbeknownst to us she had put the sand from their unity design in the suitcase. TSA thought we might have drugs or explosives. A search of the luggage and re-scan cleared things up.

I, however, can't recommend plane rides with torn rotator cuffs. They are not fun.Have had muscle spasms since the wedding.

Comment

• what's the next plan of attack for the shoulder?
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Continue PT. Possibly get a second opinion.

We find new issues all the time during PT. Therapist is sure My AC joint is, at best, unstable. This requires constant taping but that is hampered by the fact I react to adhesives

Comment

• how frustrating!!!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X