Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it!

Left over roast beef and left over chicken breast - with home made chicken broth. Breakfast of champions!

I even skipped the ketchup! YEAH me!
    Last edited by tomi; 06-18-2014, 12:22 PM.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Way to go, those are great choices. Definitely cutting out potatoes is helping me resume weight loss, and generally better compliance. I think also there are better nutritional choices for your carbs along the carb curve when trying to lose weight. Just my tuppence

Comment

• Great Job!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thank you!

hubby is coming home early tonight! Maybe I will talk him into a nice walk around the neighborhood?

I'd love to ride my bike - but PT says not quite yet. WHEN???
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
            Thank you!

hubby is coming home early tonight! Maybe I will talk him into a nice walk around the neighborhood?

I'd love to ride my bike - but PT says not quite yet. WHEN???
            You are doing so well - patience!
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I feel like I'm all over the place again in my quest for a smaller, healthier me. There are so many options............ PHD, Primal, Paleo, Intermittent Fasting, Eating Windows............. UGH!!!

Straight paleo............ yes the best choice, but also the hardest given I don't live alone or with a husband who is on board with me on this. I can do it if there is nothing in the house that is going to tempt me. But -- hubby brings home bread and crackers, and cookies, and granola bars............ all junk........ but they taste good when the munchies hit at night! Right now the only thing in the house that is not primal (with the exception of some canned soup and corn) is some sourdough bread and some soy based protein shake mix. So if I can keep it this way I should be good to go. Bottom line........... I'm fighting against myself. No one is stuffing unhealthy food into my mouth......... I'm doing it to myself!!

I'm thinking about ordering some Primal Fuel. Perhaps using it as a meal once day will help.

Three years ago I lost 50 pounds using Medi-Fast (Take Shape for Life) meal replacement program. It worked great - but when I went back to eating real food again I gained back 35 pounds in 3 months. My neighbor just lost 40 pounds on that program and its making me play with the idea again .............. if I could take the weight off I believe I could maintain with the tools I've learned over the past 2.5 years doing Primal Blueprint. Its all about eating real food and staying away from sugar. Pretty basic. But not all that easy either.

We live in a world full of easy to grab pseudo-food. I grew up during the years of processed EVERYTHING! People no longer made food from scratch....... they popped a TV dinner in the oven and peeled off the foil after 30 minutes and ate. They didn't make homemade biscuits, they scooped out a cup of Bisquick and added water. No one grew a garden once you could buy canned corn, green beans, carrots and potatoes at the grocery store! My husband still lives in that mindset. If it tastes good it must be good for you. UGH!!! I want to go live in a commune with people who only eat REAL food!!

Can you tell I'm frustrated today? Tearing my hair out frustrated!!! I'm so sick of the struggle!! Why can't this be easier? Why can't hubby just humor me and do this with me............ why? I'm not good at doing stuff alone -- that's why I joined the forum. I thought having a sense of community would help me stay on track. But......... you guys aren't with me at 9:00 pm when I'm not hungry - but I have the munchies! This community only goes so far and then its ALL ME from there. I love the encouragement and the single-mindedness of this forum - and I need it - but 95% of my will power comes from just me.

Sorry........... I'm not help to any of you when I'm in this bad place.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• In the end, I am doing 4 of the 5 plans you listed. My carb level, IF, and eating window all come from the PHD. Then I made it Paleo because that is what is best for me.

The hardest thing of all is to get in a string of clean days on YOUR plan, whatever it is. Now, I find it extremely easy to have one off day, and jump right back in. The higher carb count allows me to pay less for a bad day in terms of weight gain and feeling awful. The lower calorie count due to IF and eating window allows for more weight loss.

I am also gaining some great benefits from the potato starch/probiotic combo. Not sure I would be doing as well without it.

Chin Up Girl! Decide on a plan and stick to it for a week. Reevaluate, change one thing, go another week. etc.
                Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-19-2014, 10:49 AM.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, P.

Finding what works is the tough part for me. I guess I just need to commit to SOMETHING and stay with it!!! I feel like a 2 week trial is best cuz my body responds so slowly to anything. (thank you menopause)

Last night I was seriously craving apple pie and ice cream!! I was almost angry at hubby cuz he wasn't running out the door to get it for me. Not sure what that was all about. I've been seriously craving sugar lately.

okay............ count my victories!!!

1. I'm holding firm on my no alcohol rule.
                  2. I've cleaned the cupboards of trigger foods.
                  3. I'm getting on the treadmill on a regular basis.
                  4. I'm fired up again!
                  5. I haven't given up - even after 2.5 years of trying to figure this out! I'm still in the fight!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay......... I'm committing to 2 weeks of NO sugar, NO grains, NO dairy and tracking my food and getting my distance daily on the treadmill.

I walked 1.5 miles today - and burned off the 110 calories I ate for breakfast!

Weight loss doesn't happen without hard work and sweat............ damn those success stories that claim otherwise.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sounds like you have figured out something that will work for you and given it a sustainable timetable.

P was absolutely right about getting into the groove and stringing together a number of days of sticking to your plan. Once you get into the habit of saying no or finishing dinner and that being it for the evening then it does get better. And when its hard find something else to do/not do. A lot of people recommend going to bed and thats what worked for me in the first few days.

You got this!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Thanks, AutumnTiger!

My biggest hurdle is staying the course. I think I can commit to a 2 week stretch.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, I'm sorry you are still struggling. All of the advice I have given in the past still stands. Is there anything I, or others here, can do to assist you in finding success?

BTW, I think you may be getting the munchies at 9:00 pm because you are not eating enough before then.

Comment

• Thanks, Marcadav ........ everything you've told me the past is still rolling around in my brain. Its not forgotten The only thing I can't do that you've suggested is eat 3 meals a day. I have never in my life eaten 3 times a day......... 2 meals and a small snack of some sort has always been my routine. Not to say I couldn't CHANGE should I put my mind to it. But it also just doesn't fit into my daily schedule. I don't eat first thing because I'm not hungry - I usually eat breakfast around 11 am ........ then I work 1-5 ish. When I get home I will eat something while I'm cooking dinner normally. My dinner is always very filling. A decent portion of protein and always a veggie of some sort.

So - that translates into 3 eggs cooked in some kind of fat, then a snack (not always primal), and dinner that is very filling. I'm never hungry again - I just want to munch. I think part of the desire to munch is boredom. When I was drinking every night to fight off the fibro symptoms I wasn't munching......... when I don't drink then I want to eat. Sometimes, when I was drinking I would eat ............. you know, cuz I didn't have the sense not to.

Since I'm not drinking every night anymore I've got the need to munch to replace that. Dumb......... just bad habits that I need to break.
                            Last edited by tomi; 06-20-2014, 08:13 AM.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yesterday was good with the exception of a very small deviation from the plan. Its Friday weigh-in and I'm 188. Right where I wanted to be so I'm good with that. It's 3 eggs fried in ghee for breakfast. I think a protein shake for a mid-day snack and grass fed pork chops and roasted veggies for dinner.

Hubby asked for rum and coke tonight......... so much for the deal to lose 25 pounds. Right now, I have no intention of drinking any.......... Right now my desire for weight loss is greater than my desire for alcohol. I plan to hang on to that until I see 165 on the scale. Then I will have a celebration!

I took some psyllium husk powder yesterday............ not sure if its a good thing or not. Both times I've taken it I've had a tummy ache the next morning. I'm very hungry this morning as well.

Its mom day. Oh boy! Shopping for groceries and writing checks for bills. I need to be leaving in a couple minutes.

Then I have PT at 3:15.

In the middle ground I will try to do some more house cleaning. I'm still trying to catch up from the months of not having use of my arm - and cleaning up after a messy doggy. Today I would like to get our shower cleaned, and washed the walls in the upstairs hall. The cleaning is good for my shoulder too.

So - off I go.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• My mom's scales always weight me less than my own scales. At home and nekid - before eating anything I was 188. At my moms with jeans and all after eating 3 eggs I was 187.4. I want to steal my mom's scales. I know a couple pounds doesn't matter in the BIG picture....... but who seriously looks at the BIG picture when they are staring at that NUMBER!!!! A couple pounds matters. But since I weigh every day on my home scales I will have to go by that number......... and keep in mind that it might be slightly off. Whatever. I have a rough number in mind that I'm shooting for...... but it really comes down to how I look and feel. So, that might be over or under that target number.

No getting any cleaning done........ well, not what I had planned anyway. I spent 30 minutes cleaning the skunge out of the soap dispenser on my front load washing machine. That little compartment can get so gross!!!

I still have an hour before I need to leave for my PT appointment but I just don't feel like getting all yucky before I leave. So - I'm sitting..........

Yesterday I cleaned up the pantry area and it looks so nice....... but I've realized just how little food we have on hand. I need to be canning some stuff. We bought an awesome canner last fall and we still haven't used it. I'm going to can a whole bunch of stew and chicken soup and curries. But - it will require hubbies help so I will have to wait until this fall.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X