No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could always buy a quality ghee to keep on hand until you make your own or in case you run out. At least that way you'll be able to avoid the butter and test that part if your elimination diet.
    After doing AIP Paleo/w30 (along w adding in RS & pre/probiotics ) I found that I tolerate raw grass fed butter just fine, regular butter not so well.
    I don't do much dairy at all, occasional cheese or homemade raw milk kefir (as a dressing or mixed w a little sour cream for Mexican night) but not daily yet. I don't wait until I have GI upset from dairy, I get a feeling of slight thickness behind my palate/upper throat area so I lay off it for a day or two. The good news is after w30 (and adding in RS/pre & probiotics) and reintro, I can tolerate all my fav veggies and spices again
    K

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Weight 184.6. Down 5.4 pounds in 3 days. I guess bloat and inflammation truly happen when you're playing with too much wheat and sugar. My boss said something good the other day - in talking about needing to lose weight - I said I'm hoping to lose 50 pounds. He said, "all a person needs to do is lose ONE pound, just ONE pound........ then do it again and again until you've reached your goal" What a great way to look at it!!! So - today I'm celebrating losing 5.4 pounds!!! Now I want to lose ONE more.

I've walked 6/10 of a mile today. 1/2 a mile yesterday. The plan is to increase the distance by .10 of a mile daily until I'm walking 2-3 miles a day. I think that's a pretty good pace and end goal. I'm going to start tracking my miles walked - seeing the total number climb was a great motivating factor for me last year. I'm getting anxious to start doing Barre3 again. A girl at work has invited me to come to the gym with her once my shoulder is better. I think I will try it. Its a dirt cheap - $20 a month with no membership fee. There are classes and tanning and all kinds of stuff - all for $20 a month.

My shoulder is doing better now that we have figured out the pain issues. Still don't have an answer for the rubber band catching sensation, but maybe that will resolve as the tendon relaxes a bit and everything is moving as it should again. When it pulls and snaps it is very painful! Brief, but painful!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by kmarie View Post
        You could always buy a quality ghee to keep on hand until you make your own or in case you run out. At least that way you'll be able to avoid the butter and test that part if your elimination diet.
        After doing AIP Paleo/w30 (along w adding in RS & pre/probiotics ) I found that I tolerate raw grass fed butter just fine, regular butter not so well.
        I don't do much dairy at all, occasional cheese or homemade raw milk kefir (as a dressing or mixed w a little sour cream for Mexican night) but not daily yet. I don't wait until I have GI upset from dairy, I get a feeling of slight thickness behind my palate/upper throat area so I lay off it for a day or two. The good news is after w30 (and adding in RS/pre & probiotics) and reintro, I can tolerate all my fav veggies and spices again
        K

Kmarie - sounds like you doing a great job figuring out what works and what doesn't

I'm hoping to stop at Cash and Carry on the way home from work today and bring home a boat load of unsalted butter. I might also pick up a tub of Lard while I'm there.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Great job on getting back on the tred mill!
          This is my journal page!
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Thanks, Wendy I might not be making lightening speed headway in my goals..... but I certainly don't give up and quit!

I just ate 3 poached eggs. That's the first time in my life I've had poached eggs. Cooking them was a bit weird. Dropping eggs into boiling water just doesn't feel right ....... there is no popping of grease or sizzling sounds! But they did taste good. Very "clean" and fresh. They are farm fresh, free range eggs!
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I got my cat grain free food. Hoping this will solve the hair loss issue up her spine. The girl at the store told me her grandmothers cat was losing hair up her spine and it turned out she was allergic to corn. Once they changed her food the problem stopped.

Fingers crossed!

EDIT: kitty's system must need to adjust to the abrupt food change......... she barfed.
              Last edited by tomi; 06-11-2014, 10:58 AM.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good for you! You might want to mix the old food into the new in gradually larger amounts to make it easier for kitty. (Weird to mix the old crap in with the new good stuff, I know.) Of course, barfing is most kitties's favorite activity.
                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hubby already took the old stuff to give to his friend She's just gonna have to get used to it. She's bit chubby anyway - it wouldn't hurt her to barf up a few meals and lose some weight! hummmmmmmmmm maybe somebody needs to change my food abruptly...... ????
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Just be sure she eats something every day. Can be dangerous if cats miss several meals in a row. They are stubborn beasts. If she likes tuna or special treat foods, maybe mix some of that to get her used to the new flavor.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• She's a chow hound so I doubt she'll go hungry unless she happens to be ill instead of just adjusting to the new food. But since I changed her food yesterday I have to assume at this point that its the food. She has a feed at will bowl that is always full. I will keep an eye on the amount she's eating.

She's also missing Zeus........... so could be some of that.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Animals missing each other is a pretty powerful thing, that's for sure... Has anyone here read, "Where the Red Fern Grows"? Good book if you like animals and totally feel like crying.

On another topic, congrats on the 5.4 lbs in 3 days. Just one more pound! I tell myself I'm not too big on the whole scale thing, but I truly cannot wait to check my weight monday morning. That will be after 12 days of being strictly primal, and with my only dairy even being butter, and my only sugar is from blueberries so far... I haven't even dabbled in resistant starches. I think the only carbs I have been getting are from vegetables (of which I eat a tonne).

As to the Ghee, I think I will make some when I decide to start the whole30 as that is no dairy. Would that still be allowed, or is that kind of cheating?
                        Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Comment

• I have read Where the Red Fern Grows. It was my favorite book growing up. I cried every time I read it.

What brand of food did you get her, Tomi? We recently switched our cat to a grain free version and she loves it. Can't remember the brand though. I get it at Walmart.

I was going to say something else but I forgot what it is... apparently it wasn't that important.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Jim - Yes on the book
                            Ghee is acceptable on whole30 as far as I know. Since it is dairy free.

Jenn - not sure of the brand. I got it at a shop in town where we have bought our animal food forever. It was an expensive little bag!! 8 lbs for $16.99. I will check the brand when I get home. It is all natural with salmon and such stuff. Says grain, dairy and soy free on the bag. They said if she didn't like it to bring it back and exchange it! We love that store.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Congrats on the weight loss!
                              I think you're doing great, especially w surgery, OT and all you've gone through with Zeus
                              K

Comment

• Well the weight was a fluke I think cuz today it is back up to 187.4. But I did have a very salty dinner last night so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Lots of water today!!!!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X