Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sorry Tomi. We are here for you.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So sorry about Zeus. I am hoping for the best for him and for you.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• DSC03396.jpg

My Zeuser-man. He was only 3 in this picture. I need to get some good pics of him today. We talked it over last night - if we get a diagnosis of cancer we are going to have to put down asap. He is already in so much pain from the hip dysplasia, we don't want him to suffer any more. So, we might only have him for a few more days. So, now its just waiting for the phone call.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• He is beautiful Tomi. You are being a good dog Mom.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thank you for saying that.

He's a little perkier today. Even ate some of his breakfast after I put the chicken soup on it. But the lymph nodes are still terribly swollen. When the doc looked at him and felt his nodes he said - "well, there aren't many things this could be" -- then after the FNA and finding no signs of an infection he said - "we have to look at this as a very possible cancer situation". We told him we knew - had been through this before - understood the signs and symptoms. He offered the possibility of chemo. But even all the literature says at best it buys a few more months. We told him we wouldn't do that to him, since he's already suffering from the hip pain it just wouldn't be right for him to make him suffer longer just to have a few more months with him. As his people, we have to do what is best for him. He's lived a good life - we've given him a wonderful, loving home with just about every thing he could want.

Having been through this before - I know that once the nodes become this enlarged he will start to become very ill. Lethargy, loss of appetite, then diarrhea. That's the process. We're part way there already. His breathing is already labored, most likely due to the glands pushing against his lungs.

I'm sorry to put all this out there --- but I need to get it out.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm so sorry you have to make these decisions, Tomi. I hope Zeus gets some respite soon, in any way.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks, Tasha

Vet just called. Blood tests are inconclusive. They show his organs are still functioning properly - but his white count is extremely high. Even though the FNA showed no signs of infection he says it still could be a systemic infection of some kind and suggested we do a 2 week regimen of antibiotics. IF that doesn't change his situation at all then the conclusion is cancer.

I don't agree with that because I've seen this before. He has no fever, he isn't vomiting or having diarrhea. I honestly believe its cancer. But hubby and I decided to try the antibiotics anyway. IF we're wrong we will have some more time with him. If we're right, we'll have him for a couple more weeks and then have to say good bye.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• okay - first dose of antibiotics are down his throat - they also gave me stuff to settle his stomach so hopefully he won't throw up the antibiotics.

we shall see........... if the lymph nodes don't start to shrink in 3-4 days then this isn't an infection.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Praying for peace for you and hubby, no pain for Zeus when the time comes. I'm sure he and our Abigail will be great friends!
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                      Praying for peace for you and hubby, no pain for Zeus when the time comes. I'm sure he and our Abigail will be great friends!
                      I'm sure they will be........ and our Penny too.DSC01921.jpg
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• This is my last dog. I love dogs - but I will not go through this again. Every time I pet him I start crying.

okay - think of other things.

Food........ we ended up getting burgers and fries last night after the ordeal with the vet. Not the best choice - but sometimes you do what you have to do. It wasn't typical fast food........ it was a more upscale burger joint - but still.

I didn't eat again until after I was done with all my errands today - so dinner at 8:30 pm last night - fruit smoothie with spinach and cucumber at 4:30 pm today. If I calculate that right - that's a 20 hour fast. Yes I was hungry - but never got light headed or grumpy. I thought ending the fast with something light like a smoothie was a good idea.

Ingredients:
                        one whole medium banana
                        2 medium strawberries
                        1/8 cup blueberries
                        1 TB crushed pineapple
                        1 tsp honey
                        1/2 cup coconut milk (Silk original)
                        a handful of spinach
                        1/2 cup sliced cucumber

Made a very large smoothie -- approx. calories: 320 - mostly carbs (obviously) 96 grams.

Dinner will be a lot of protein. I'm thinking a large pile of scrambled eggs.

My gut was good today - no pain and only loose BM - but not diarrhea. So I'm happy that I bounced back so quickly from whatever caused the water works yesterday. I'm blaming the rum - because that makes it psychologically less appealing to drink again.

Once the parasite killers are all gone I will continue to take the gut soothing supplements until I feel my gut is healed enough to handle its job without aid. I am guessing by the end of the year. I will continue with the DE because I very much like what it is doing to my skin, nails and hair Oh - and my teeth!

I still want to do the PHD because I believe it has merit -- but I'm going to postpone that for a bit. I don't think I have the mental ability to retrain my brain to another eating model. Right now I'm just going to focus my energy on staying as close to 100% primal as I can. What I will do is work on balancing my macros. I will edge to the short side on fat since it is offensive to my gut. So I will shoot for 35% carbs, 40% protein, 25% fat.

I decided the next time we are in a bind and end up at Nancy's Burgers - I will ditch the bun - perhaps request extra iceberg lettuce and make a wrap. The potatoes are likely fried in offensive oils - but they are delicious......... I can make that my 100% ISH and make peace with it.

I didn't walk the past few days because I did a really stupid thing on Monday and hurt my foot. The damage is right at the place where the shoe bends on the top and it is irritating the booboo. Once it heals I will resume my treadmill-ing. Until then, I have a bandage soaked in Neosporin tape on my foot. And I'm wearing flip flops.

Zeus is resting. To my knowledge he didn't throw up the amoxicillin this afternoon. At least I haven't found it anywhere in the house. If he went outside to throw up then I will never know.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I was glad to read this. I also have Fibromyalgia. I've begun considering Primal after discovering that gluten seems to contribute to my fatigue. I'm impressed that you push on and haven't given up. It's so easy to give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by beckilynb View Post
                            I was glad to read this. I also have Fibromyalgia. I've begun considering Primal after discovering that gluten seems to contribute to my fatigue. I'm impressed that you push on and haven't given up. It's so easy to give up.
                            Hi beckilynd! Please let me encourage you to give primal a good try. I was 100% for the first 6 months and my fibromyalgia stays at bay as long as I don't go too far out of the light and back into the dark side! I can eat a little grains and sugar now and don't have any pain or fatigue -- but just a little. Sometimes I push it and end up with aching legs, swollen feet and foggy brain for a few hours.

Stick around and let me know how this is going for you!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Just spent a wonderful 2 hours on Skype with my bestie in Korea. Gotta love the technology we have today. 2 hours of FREE talk with video and all! I love the internet!

Its 5:30 and I haven't eaten except for a couple left over cookies I found in a Tupperware. I made the cookies last week - I thought hubby had eaten them all. But there were 2 left and I ate them. I need to figure out dinner.

Zeus is not doing well at all. Moving very slowly.

We've had some visiting deer the past week. A few nights ago I was watching tv with all the lights out at about 10:30 pm and the motion sensor light came on at the front door. When I looked out I found a beautiful big doe drinking out of our fish pond. And today I was in the front yard and a young deer ran across the yard and around the fence into the park. I love it!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hubby has to work for a while today since he took yesterday and went fishing. Seems our time together lately is reduced to an hour or 2 before bed. But that is typical summer hours for us. It sucks - but that's what it is. We are blessed by the work.

I'm not doing well............. that's all I will say about that.

Zeus was quivering last night. This morning he seems to be okay - but not better. We talked last night and don't expect him to be get better with the antibiotics. We need to decide how long we let this go on before we take him to the vet and say our goodbyes. I'm spending way too much time crying. This is so hard.

I see the doctor on Thursday for my 12 week follow up. PT says something is not right with surgery point. I'm having pain that I should not be having. I may be looking at more surgery............ or learning to live with what I have.

Too much............ its all just too much.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X