Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kombucha.jpg

my home brew kombucha in my dollar store wine glass! Classy, huh??
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I just spent $77 at vitacost......... supplements for the libido and for intestinal calmness.

Looks like hubby will be working into the twilight hours Gods blessings on the business, but he sure is working his tail off.

My arm is very tender where she did the deep message, but the tape is giving me a lot of support. Since the muscles have not been used for so many months everything is weak and my arm lays very flat against my body. Sometimes I have to push my arm away from my body just to open up my arm pit - it feels very weird to have it laying so snug. PT says that is totally normal and I will have to deal with it for a while because that's the last thing we will be working on

I'm going to go get my comfy sweat pants on and see about making some dinner.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• My shoulder is feeling better and the pain in the bicep area is noticeably less! I can't tell you how happy this makes me! The Physical Therapist says I gave her quite the challenge on this one - she had to get out her books and do some studying - she even lay in bed unable to sleep trying to figure out what is happening! But, I can move my arm in ways that would shoot searing pain down my bicep area -- without any pain. YEAH!

Hubby's working today - probably all day. I have some stuff to do, but lots I can't do. Feeling frustrated about that.

I don't know where my weight is cuz I decided to stay off the scale for a couple weeks. Diet is good. Yesterday the only marginal thing I ate was ketchup. Its no HFCS, but that means it loaded with sugar. I figure the 2 TB I ate isn't going to sabotage everything I'm working on since that is the only sugar I'm having. The blemishes are going away - must be the grains or something in the processed crackers/sour dough bread I was eating daily. Or it could maybe be the DE is doing some detox in my skin. ???

I had a victory last night........ it was about 8:30 and I was bored, hubby still at the shop. I got the rum out of the cupboard and thought about making a smoothie drink. Then said out loud........... "nope, I said I'm going to quit and I meant it!!" I put the bottle away and that was that! My old "reason" for having a drink was because it helped me fall asleep - but I've been having no trouble sleeping without it - so there is no reason for it anymore. A couple months ago I would have had a battle going on in my head about it......... last night I put it away and didn't give it another thought! My new mantra is "I DON'T DRINK" I like that and I'm sticking to it.

DE report: I've noticed my nails are growing faster and are much more healthy! Not brittle and dry - but strong and healthy looking! And my skin is also looking better. I've read that DE will fade age spots and I'm beginning to believe it! I think the skin on my forearms is less spotty and definitely smoother! I'm taking about 4 tsps. every morning now. My hair is also growing pretty fast - which I don't so much want right now! I plan to keep it short for the summer and decide about growing or not once I am able to get my right arm up there to work on - by the end of the summer I should be doing that. I can raise it enough to wash my hair in the shower - but since I'm still unable to lift anything with it I can't use the blow drier....... so - wash and shake and air dry is my "styling" for now. I need to have it short for that to work without looking like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I can sorta dry it with the diffuser attached, but I can only hold it in my left hand. Anyway........ I also think the DE is helping my gut issues. Its hard to say since I'm also doing the parasite thing.

As for the gut issues. I am seeing a marked improvement. Not sure if its the DE or the parasite cleanse or the diet changes - but something is working. I think I will plan to do this parasite cleanse a couple times a year.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• libido thoughts:

Siobhan says she believes exercise is helping to improve hers. That would be a good incentive for me to get back on the treadmill!!

I started taking MACA again. The jury is out on the effectiveness for MACA in post-menopausal women - but I have it, so I might was well take it. I don't think it can hurt anything at this point. I have noticed thoughts arising that I haven't had in a long time -- you know - those longings and urges

We haven't had any "marital relations" since before my surgery since my arm has been completely out of commission - and besides - sleeping in separate pieces of furniture makes it very unromantic. I'd like that to change very soon!!! I think tonight we will try sleeping in our bed again. I'll see if I can manage to strip the bed and wash up everything to make the experience even more pleasant Not sure if I can manage to re-make the bed though....... I'll give it a shot!
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Slept in my bed last night did pretty good. I was careful not to sleep on my side and had a pillow beside me in case I rolled over in my sleep. It felt so good to be in my bed!! and to wake up under the same covers as my husband!

Eating ........... sorta slipped yesterday. We were out all day and good food wasn't easy to access. I made okay choices but definitely could have done better had I been given better options. Teriyaki chicken and rice. Burger and fries for dinner. I should have left off the bun. I had some leg aches a couple hours after eating dinner. No alcohol.

I think I'm shedding the water weight because I must have pottied a gallon over the past 12 hours!

Hubby is at the shop again - working on getting our boat ready to go in the water. I'm trying to talk him into having the camper top replaced before it goes up to the lake for the summer - but he's in a bit of a hurry to get it in the water. I have my doubts that the top is going to make through another season - especially if there is any bad wind storms up there. Of course -- if the wind tears it apart - I think our insurance would replace it! That's a plus to letting it wait.

We're trying to get the kids rounded up for dinner tonight. So far only one of the 3 has committed to gathering. Hoping the eatery has good choices for me.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Dinner with all 3 kids plus a boyfriend last night. It was great. We ate at this place called Salvador Molly's. Wow - absolutely amazing food! I ordered Jerk Chicken with mashed sweet potatoes. This place was featured on Man Vs. Food where the guy ate 5 of their Fire Balls. Hubby the ordered the 3 ball appetizer and they (not me or my son) shared 2 of them. One was left on the plate. EACH little dumpling has 3 habanero peppers in it! Yuck.

anyway....... food was spot on yesterday. I think I could have eaten fewer cashews though. This morning I thought - when I want to snack but am not really hungry I should just chew on ice! That might work? No alcohol. No desire! Weight??? Will step on the scale on the 31st.

My arm is feeling better and I think this tape is helping. I'm so anxious to be seeing some healing progress! PT tomorrow after work.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Glad you guys all had a nice dinner together .

I'm glad your arm is feeling better too! It sounds like the tape & different massage the therapist did is the right direction for you.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Fantastic news on your arm! My saying for today (and probably for a while) is, "Don't quit five minutes before the miracle!" We just have to keep hanging in there, doing the best we can, and God is at work behind the scenes! It may not happen as quickly as we want, but it IS happening. Keep up the good work in PT. I am holding faith that you will have full use of your arm and shoulder with no pain!
                  This is my journal page!
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Glad you guys all had a nice dinner together .

I'm glad your arm is feeling better too! It sounds like the tape & different massage the therapist did is the right direction for you.
                    Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
                    Fantastic news on your arm! My saying for today (and probably for a while) is, "Don't quit five minutes before the miracle!" We just have to keep hanging in there, doing the best we can, and God is at work behind the scenes! It may not happen as quickly as we want, but it IS happening. Keep up the good work in PT. I am holding faith that you will have full use of your arm and shoulder with no pain!
                    Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I am feeling good about it all now! Thanks for hanging in there with me.

I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes at a slow rate this morning. Yeah me. Since my injury last Sept. my movement has been greatly effected!! Time to get things headed back in the right direction again.

My gut is so much better than it was a few months ago - but not where I would like it go be. I think nuts, as I have said before, are not my friend. That will me my next habit to kick.

I'm picking up a cheesecake for the office lunch today. I won't be having any.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, try Zeus on Duralactin before you give up. It has made a big difference for Tabi. It is a chewable tablet. I get mine through Amazon and the vet recommended I put her on it. I also feed Missing Link Hip and Joint.
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thinking of you, Tomi. Sorry for your hard times.

Comment

• Thanks, Honeybuns! I just ordered some! I read the reviews and it sounds like a great product!!! I sure hope it works for my little guy!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Glad the shoulder/arm are feeling better. And the gut.
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks, Jenn! ME TOO!!!

when I left home Zeus was walking very slow and very carefully. I think he's hurting a lot. I ordered the stuff from Amazon.com and its supposed to be delivered by Friday. I hope he can hang on that long. I'm thinking about going to Petco and see if they have it so I can get him started right way.

I'm at work - all done with my work and waiting around until I have to leave for PT. Its up the street about 3 minutes away. I have 30 minutes to waste. I'm technically still on the clock...... I hate doing non-work stuff while I'm on the clock.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• There is a good article on here about alcohol and IBS, I thought of you right away. Be sure to read it?
                                This is my journal page!
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X