No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like overkill to me to increase both the DE and the parasite cleanse at the same time. I'd increase one or the other, but not both. You won't be able to tell what is/isn't working otherwise. Isn't it possible that you don't have any parasites?
    Depression Lies

Comment

• we all have parasites........ of some sort or the other. Since both things are aimed at killing parasites - and there is no side effects - why not go at it with both barrels loaded? I don't really care which one is the victor as long as I get my health back. I did a parasite cleanse about 23 years ago when I was having chronic pain and diarrhea and it "cured" me. Until 7 years ago. I was doing great for many many years.......... then one day I was very sick with pain and diarrhea -- and it never went away. I've had stool tests that have come back negative - but we all know that you can't really trust those lab tests. They only look for the most common worms and nothing else. I think they test for 4 things - and if you don't happen to have anything in the tiny sample that you send it - then they deem you parasite free. I've worked in the medical field for 14 years..... I've learned not to trust lab results too much.

I figure - if this isn't going to make me sick or hurt me in some way - why not be more aggressive. Its kinda like taking both ibuprofen and acetaminophen at the same time. They both kill pain - they just go about it in different ways.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• just for clarification: the increase in the parasite stuff just gets me up to the recommended doses. The DE says to start at 1 tsp per day and work up to 1 TB. The parasite stuff calls for 3 doses per day and was only taking 2 doses.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Do you take DE for a while and then eventually stop?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• from what I've read people take it daily just like a daily vitamin. I have a 10 pound bag - so I'll be taking it until its gone
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• going to meet my sister 8:45 at the Master Gardeners Plant Sale this morning. We'll be buying the flowers for moms patio for her Mother's Day gift. Have to leave in 15 minutes or so. Then PT at 11:15. Then I'm going to stop at the office for a while. I don't normally work on Fridays - but I have some stuff that needs to be done - and the boss is going to be out today so I won't have any interruptions.

I think I've been having too much wheat/grains lately. My weight has shot up to 189 again. I know for sure its not calories and real weight gain....... cuz I've been watching that. It has to be inflammation. I have noticed some nagging old aches and pains that are fibro related. Time to get it cleaned up again!!!! As of today I am once again grain free!!!

Later edit: Well, that was a waste of time and gas. What a crappy sale. A small cramped barn with far too many people!! I'm sure it exceeded the fire code. I was looking for one thing...... Marsha Washington Geraniums. One vender had some. FOUR sickly looking plants that had more leaves snipped off than were left on! We were there for a total of 20 minutes - and I spent 8 minutes in the outhouse because my gut was exploding! Grouchiness is the mood of the day.

I moved my PT appointment to 3:15 so my gut will have time to calm down for the day. I had a glass of blueberry wine last night at our final bible study gathering until fall. I wonder if my gut objects to wine? It was more like barely fermented juice - and it gave me a headache.
              Last edited by tomi; 05-09-2014, 11:10 AM.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've come to the conclusion that I suck at this. I will be taking a break from the forum........
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Happy Mother's Day!

*Sorry, I missed the post above. Take a break, but come back.
                  Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-11-2014, 03:41 AM.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                    I've come to the conclusion that I suck at this. I will be taking a break from the forum........
                    Tomi I'm not sure what brought this on. I know your frustrated with your weight, but right now with your shoulder you can't be as active as you usually are. I think you are doing amazing. You've given up rum and you eat well 80% of the time. Take a break, but don't give up on your self.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I agree with Pedidoc. I hope while you're breaking from the forum you're not also breaking from the foods that make you feel better. Take care. We'll be here when you're ready to return.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• You have lots of friends here who care about you! Hoping all the best - Siobhan
                        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Emotions are a bit raw right now. I took a break because I didn't want to spill my pitiful guts all over my journal. I'll try to explain without sounding too awful.

I have a hard time doing something "part way". I feel if I don't do it 100% then I'm a failure. I guess I have the tendency to be a perfectionist. So, if I eat something with grains or sugar I feel like I just blew it completely. My diet has been okay - but not as clean as I want it to be. Not as clean as I need it to be for my gut health. Too many snacks of corn chips, crackers and salmon dip, sourdough bread and over the past 2 weeks I've had far too much vodka and diet coke. For the past 4 days my gut has been telling me it isn't liking what I'm putting in it. The alcohol is my biggest fail. I went 40 days without any alcohol. I'm not sure why I started up again. I know my gut doesn't like it........ I'm sure my liver isn't appreciating it either.

Where is my self control? I'm so tired of struggling. I feel like I'm just fighting myself every day. And I'm just tired of it all. If I lived alone I think I could do this fairly easily because I could control my environment. But having things around me that I want to eat but know I shouldn't is a daily struggle. And then there's the issue of............ I'm hungry but have nothing I can quickly nibble on. What do you do when you just have that snack attack........ but you don't have anything easily available that doesn't need to be cooked or prepared in some way. If I try to stay 100% that means I eat meat, veggies and fruit. I have to be very careful what fruit I eat because most of it gives me a gut ache. I can do a smoothie but not on an empty stomach. So, that means, eggs, cooked meat and veggies. I don't do raw veggies because they are too hard for me to digest. I ate a salad for dinner on Saturday and it made a second appearance on Sunday as my bowels were flushed out. I guess I'll never give the raw vegan thing a try.

Anyway....... so when I just want to snack on something I go for something that is easy........ cashews, Club crackers, sourdough toast, corn chips. We don't often have left over meat or cooked veggies in the fridge. And frankly...... when that "I want" thing happens - I'm not thinking meat or veggie. I'm thinking "treat". What should I have on hand that is a primal treat?

Okay............ add to that the recovering shoulder. The frustration I'm feeling over not being able to do the things that I normally do is adding to my raw emotions and fueling my bad eating habits. I know - this is only a season in my life and it will pass. But its a really tough season! And not just the limitations - but I'm also still having a lot of pain. Constant pain really wears you down.

So - that's my story.

I need to stop the drinking completely. And I need to get a handle on the snacking. Maybe I need to be more accountable --- perhaps if I commit to recording every thing that goes into my mouth here...... I will be more careful about it.

I've been doing a lot of reading about IBS -- whatever is causing it is a mystery -- but I have it and I know the only way to control it is with diet. STRICT diet. I'm beginning to believe that the biggest antagonist is the alcohol. So.... I'm committing to giving it up. All forms of alcohol.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Maybe it would be more helpful to have some ONE to be accountable to? Like a dietitian or a nutritionist that is on board with a paleo approach. Even just a therapist, someone who can help you sort it out so you don't have to do it alone. We're great, we're supportive and all, but we're not there for you in the same way that a professional would be. I don't mean to imply that you're SO broken that you need a doctor or something, but it seems like you're kind of hitting your head on the wall over and over when the same things don't work for you. Time for a new approach?
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I like the idea of an accountability person. I do Whole30's with my sister-in-law b/c it gives me someone to be accountable to - and someone to disappoint if I screw up. Maybe that same approach will work for you? Also working with a paleo accepting nutritionist might help with speedbumps along the way.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• My concern with a "buddy" system is that if you DO mess up, you will feel really bad about it. No matter if you are keeping yourself accountable to a friend or yourself, you should not feel bad for a mistake. It's figuring out how to not let that be a setback that's the key.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X