No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, it is a good place to start. Focusing on right now and what you can do today, one day at a time you will get where you want to be. Move as much as you can each day in whatever way you can. Progress not prefection!! I know you will get there. Especially as soon you will have a much better working shoulder!
    This is my journal page!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• I'm starting by cleaning up my diet again. The past couple of weeks I've gotten lazy and I've eaten things that I know are not to my benefit. Crackers, ice cream, home made cookies, and misc wheat junk.

I'm tracking my food again because it helps keeps me accountable and I can't ignore it if I have to track it. I'm also going to track calories again. I haven't done that for about 3 months. My Fitness Pal is a good tool since it does it all in one place.

I know I'm more than my weight or how I look...... I'm not unhappy with the inside - I like me But I'm very unhappy with the outside and I'm feeling sluggish and uncomfortable. Movement has been difficult since my shoulder injury, but I think I can get back on the treadmill now. Doc says I absolutely must not use my right are for any type of balance or support so I need to remember that when getting on and off.

I'm not sleeping well and tonight I'm going back to sleeping in my own bed!! This couch sleeping has gone on long enough. I need to snuggle down in my nice comfy bed and have a good long sleep!

There is something going wonky with my skin!!! Every since the surgery I have had very dry skin. I suppose it could be partly because washing has been difficult so I haven't been getting the moisturizing from my body wash. I hope I can get that fixed! Hubby loves it when I'm soft.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Shopping with mom this morning. This the first time back since surgery - and it was a challenge, but didn't take as long as I thought it would. One can at time - left handed. It went okay, and we had a couple hours to visit before I needed to get to my PT appointment.

PT went well. She said I'm doing great. I told about the bicep pain that I'm still having and she did a couple things to check my pain level. She assured me there was not damage to the remaining leg of the bicep and said the pain would go away as we continue to work and strengthen the other supporting muscles. Today wasn't as grueling as I anticipated. She had me do 3 minutes on the arm cycle - with my left arm doing all the work and my right arm just along for the ride. Then it was back to the passive ROM exercises. All is well and I'm feeling good about it.

I slept in my BED last night!!!!! My first night in my wonderful bed in 44 days! WooHoo!! It was wonderful. I started out with the sling - but at 1:30 I took it off. I was very careful not to move to quickly or in a way that would compromise my tender shoulder. I slept very well........ not long enough, but I feel okay.

Tonight we are going to see Tim Hawkins perform at our church. If you've never heard of him.......... watch this! He's hilarious!! I'm so excited. We rarely do stuff that is fun and different. So.......... I'm excited!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• My 10 pounds of DE just got delivered and I'm already having 1 tsp in my fruit smoothie !!!!! From what I've read starting with 1 tsp and working up to 2 TB per day is the best approach. I've already talked to hubby about adding a tsp to his morning fiber drink. I'm hoping it will help his swollen arthritic hands.

It has many anecdotal benefits.......... stronger hair, nails, teeth and bones. Lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Cleansing the digestive tract of parasites and gunky build-up. And weight loss. I'm banking on the last 2 - although they all sound good.

Here's to better health.

Foodwise today: I've had a fruit smoothie (a banana, 2 large strawberries and 2 spoons of blueberries, 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, 1 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup full fat yogurt, 1 TB local raw honey). Plus 1 oz of cashews and few crackers (my bad).

I'll be having a chicken breast for dinner and maybe some veggies.

weight 184.4

I told hubby no alcohol for me. I'm hoping he skips it also. But, its Friday, and he likes to have a drink on the weekends. But since we're going out tonight he might skip it.
          Last edited by tomi; 05-02-2014, 06:24 PM.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Today we were greatly BLESSED by a dear friend who came to our house to mow the grass for us! Since I can't - and hubby is working his butt off fixing boats - this very dear friend showed up with his lawn mower and mowed our lawn! I am deeply touched by such a gift of kindness!

This afternoon we are moving my son from his house into his new apartment that is only 10 minutes from his job! I will not be much help in the move itself - but maybe I can help in unboxing and putting things away. Depends on how much help my son wants in that area. He will now be working on getting the last tenant evicted and getting the house ready to sell. I was very proud of him for being able to purchase his first home at such a young age - and totally on his own - but I think he made a big mistake buying this house, and then trying to rent out rooms. It all turned out to be a big mess. But he has learned a lot of things about himself - and about people in general - so it wasn't a complete fail. I have high hopes for this new chapter in his life. I'm praying he will find a nice girl to spend time with - I've always had this "vision" that he would meet his mate in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Who knows??

Weight - down a smidgen to 184.

I'm tracking on MyFitnessPal - its easier than doing it myself.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Great weekend

The move was pretty easy - especially for me since I was designated door holder. There are some perks to being unable to use my arm! The apartment is 10 minutes from my sons job - and its all surface streets! For YEARS he's been driving freeways to either get to his classes or to get to his job. Now - he just drives down a couple of nice streets and he's at his work! Its a very nice apartment in a beautiful area and I'm SO INCREDIBLY pleased that he's made this move! He has a huge deck over looking a forested area, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and everything is new and clean and fresh. He will hired a cleaning company to clean up his house, then talk to a realtor about getting it on the market. I think it will need fresh paint and carpet to sell it easier. He'll hire that out also.

I made a smoothie yesterday - first meal of the day at noon. I forgot to take a lactaid pill and the yogurt about killed me!!! I might start making them without the yogurt, just use coconut milk - because too often I forget to take the lactaid and I end up being in horrific pain and my bowels get completely washed out.

I ate fairly well yesterday, but not entirely primal. I had a small bowl of homemade baked beans that included a bit of brown sugar. I also ate store bought cookies. They were Safeway bakery cookies. Shame on me.

Weight is shockingly up today......... 186. Yesterday it was 183.8.

I've been taking the parasite stuff daily.......... not even sure how long I've been taking it now. I'm thinking about 3 weeks. (EDIT: reading back through my journal I see that today is just 2 weeks into the parasite cleanse. That means I am probably just getting to the "kill all the things" stage - that explains why I've seen nothing weird in the toilet bowl). I've been feeling much better. I don't know if its the digestive enzymes, the probiotics or the parasite stuff -- and I don't care. I feel better and my bowels are behaving nicely so it doesn't really matter what is causing it. I'll take the parasite stuff until its gone, I think I had a 2 month supply. I'll continue with the probiotics and the enzymes. I also started taking a teaspoon of diatomaceous earth 2 days ago. I figure if I have parasites that will help flush the out.

I'm back sleeping on the sofa......... I guess my shoulder is not yet ready for the flat position of sleeping in my bed.
              Last edited by tomi; 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I forgot to mention.......... my 3 year long fight with the murky pond water is OVER!!! We hired a guy to fix it for us. He installed a UV light thing that pumps the water through this light tube - it kills the bacteria and algae that make the water murky. He also changed out the filter media and put in some lava rock into the waterfall box. And he's going to come by and vacuum out the entire pond. It cost us just over $1000 - but it was money well spent. We love the pond and having it clean and fresh again is going to be wonderful! And he says the light system eliminates the need for any more bio-chems. So no more spending $250 or more a year on junk to kill algae or clear out the sludge on the bottom of the pond. I'm very happy we found this guy! Thanks, Darrell from Pond Envy!

In other garden news......... our very cold winter killed our banana trees. Well, about 98% of them. That means no more lush tropical backyard -- but it also means no more hauling nearly 5000 pounds of banana stalks to the yard recycle every fall! I won't miss that. We're going to replace all the banana clumps with regular deciduous trees. I'm building a list of must haves.

a variety of Japanese Maples..... the tall growing varieties.
                a clump Birch or 2
                a few lilacs and snowball bushes
                a golden chain tree
                a dogwood
                a redbud

We lost 12 clumps of bananas and I'd like to replace them all. We still have 2 clumps that are going to be okay. But I'm thinking we will eventually kill them off and not have any more bananas. (They don't grow fruit) I want color, variety and lots of blooming things in the yard. The front yard is filled with rhododendrons, azaleas, day lilies and a variety of bulbs. Oh and some hydrangeas and fuchsias. We have several large trees that keep it nicely shaded. I want to bring that color and variety into the back yard now. I've been slowly adding things to bring flowers and color. Some hydrangeas, tall phlox, fuchsia and other misc flowering things. I want things that will bring in birds and critters.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I loooveeee Japanese maples. My parents have one in their backyard. They have a dogwood in the front yard, but it's diseased. I'm hoping they'll chop it down, dig up the roots well enough, and plant a magnolia. They are my favorite flowering tree. My parents used to have rhododendrens, but we dug those up for Mother's Day one year when they started to engulf the front of the house. Those things will grow up to two stories if you let them!
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• I love Magnolias too! I call them Tulip Trees! But - they are messy when the blossoms start to drop. I'm focusing on small petals and small leaves for ease of clean up. It needs to be mower friendly clean up! I'm also looking at Ginko trees. Very cool foliage.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have a goal of paying off the mortgage and handing my husband the deed for our 20th anniversary. My current calculations say I'm on track to do that as long as I can continue to add to the month PI portion and make a yearly extra payment of $5000. As long as the boatshop stays strong and we can take an end of the year bonus, I will make my goal. This will put us in very good shape for retirement. We will be able to bolster our IRAs with the money that is no longer going to pay the mortgage - and hubby will be able to retire when he's ready! Once the mortgage is paid off - I'm retiring! The thought of entering into the retirement years without a mortgage is very comforting!

So - if all goes well we will OWN our home in about 7.5 years. He knows I'm working really hard to get it paid off - but he doesn't know my goal is to do it by Oct. of 2021. And he doesn't know I'm planning to make this my anniversary gift to him.

This makes me very happy!!!!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have a Japanese Maple in my front yard. Brad hit it with the blade on the 4-wheeler when he was pushing snow this winter. It was relatively young (had just been planted last Mother's Day as a sappling). I hope it comes back this year. I've been watching for signs of life but it appears to still be dormant like most of my other plants (my daffodils are JUST now starting to bloom!! Everyone else's bloomed at least two weeks ago).
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• They are easily damaged. Sure hope it comes back. Our bulbs were done several weeks ago. I love them, but they come and go too quickly!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• What a wonderful gift for your anniversary!!
                            Ellie
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106642.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellesbells View Post
                              What a wonderful gift for your anniversary!!
                              Thanks! I think he'll cry............

Welcome to my little corner of MDA.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Didn't sleep great last night. I'm back on the sofa recliner - but sometime around 2 am I went up to our bed. I slept pretty good there for a while. I woke at 6:15 and realized hubby wasn't up yet so I went downstairs to get him. I tried to sleep more but couldn't - I only managed that someplace between sleep and awake place. That deep resting but still awake. So - its now 8 am and I'm feeling drug out and my body feels heavy.

My newest batch of kombucha is really yummy! 10 days fermenting seems like the magic formula.

PT today. I have to work right after so I'm hoping I don't have too much pain to deal with.

Still don't have a handle on my diet. We have too many tempting things in the house and I'm not feeling strong enough to avoid them right now. Yesterday I sat down with a bag of Juanita's corn chips and ate mindlessly! Stupid. I don't know how to find my resolve again. Its hard doing this alone. I wish I could get hubby on board with me.

On the upside - my gut is doing pretty darn good. At least something is going right.

I'm so curious to see if I'm going to see any improvement in my health from the DE. How long should I be taking it before deciding if its doing anything or not?
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X