Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
    I want to make sure people reading this journal know that the kind of diatamaceous earth you guys are talking about is the FOOD GRADE type. There is also diatamaceous earth that they use in pool filters, and that is POISONOUS! I have used the food grade as a natural wormer for my dogs. I haven't ever taken it for myself though. I used to get it at a feed and tack store. Perhaps I should pick some up too! I will be reading to see how it goes for you! Losing the Ibuprophen should help resolve gut pain for you pretty quick. Be careful with tylenol though, it is very easy to overdose it. It is very damaging to your liver. Ask your Dr what is the max you can take of that at one time....
    Yes, not pool grade! My parents' have a pool so that's the first way I learned of DE, but it's not the same as food grade . I bought a 2 lb bag on Amazon for $14.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm going to put some on my cats back - she's been losing her fur for a couple years. A strip up both sides of her spine. We've tried Advantage and that expensive flea color - didn't help. I'm thinking its fleas, but not sure.

Thanks, Wendy, for the clarification. Yes - food grade only!!!

I am in the medical world so I'm careful with meds. I don't take more than 650 mg Tylenol at a time. And usually not more than once a day (at bedtime). Unless pain or fever warrants more. I don't think ditching the ibuprofen is going to fix my gut issues, but it might help a bit.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        Yes, not pool grade! My parents' have a pool so that's the first way I learned of DE, but it's not the same as food grade . I bought a 2 lb bag on Amazon for $14.
        I bought a 10 lb. bag for $13 from Earthworks Health - but the shipping was $19. I guess 10 lbs. is expensive to mail?
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Gut report: I have been consistently taking the probiotics (Prescript Assist) and the digestive enzymes, and the stuff for parasites and I'm feeling much much better!!! Even though my food intake has been marginal at best I don't have any tummy pain and my BMs are pretty normal. I'm going to continue with the parasite cleanse until all the pills and drops are gone. The probiotics and dig. enzymes will most likely be something I will continue long term.

I still have the anxiety about leaving home and needing a bathroom, but that is getting better as well.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Last night we met friends for dinner. Hubby was meeting us there, and due to a LATE delivery to the boatshop he was an hour and a half LATE! But it was fun anyway - I visited with the other couple and we had a great time. Its never a good idea to plan things on a work day cuz hubby never knows for sure when he's going to be able to leave the shop for the night. The bad thing is - hubby made the plans! Duh!!!

I've put on 5 pounds............ a sure sign that I'm eating poorly.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• We've had someone - or a group of people maybe - slipping $100 bills into packaging in Walmart stores in our area. Today a good friend of ours bought a scented candle and when he opened it at home he found a $100 bill inside. Someone had written "Blessings" on the bill. What a nice thing to do.

We have mice in the kitchen again GRRR!!!! They weren't very bright when they built this house -- under the wall oven there is a small cabinet for pots and pans......... well, they didn't finish off the interior of that cabinet completely and it is open at the top, just beneath the oven, to the space inside the wall. About twice a year we get mice down in that cupboard. So, I have pull out ALL my pans and wash them all, wash all the shelving and put in a mouse trap. I hate vermin!! I suppose I should check under the sink while I'm at it.

My weight is up. I know the cause........ been nibbling daily on bad things. My gut is fine though.

My son has found an apartment just 10 minutes from his work and is moving asap. He will have rent and a mortgage payment until he sells his house - but he can handle it financially. He's making just over $90K a year. Luckily he doesn't have that much to move. He's leaving the fridge and washer/dryer with the house cuz the apartment already has them in the unit. So that leaves his big oak bed, his sectional sofa and his treadmill as the only big heavy stuff. He's going to work on moving boxes and small stuff today and hubby will help him with the heavy stuff next weekend. I'm not going to be much help right now. He's still working on getting the last renter out. He's given her 30 days notice - that is up in a few days. He told her if she didn't move out he would have to have her evicted. The house is going to need to be thoroughly cleaned, painted and re-carpeted. I'm so happy to see him moving closer to work so he won't have that 2 hour daily commute - and getting out of that part of town - and out of that house. This is what I wanted him to do from the very beginning - but he has to do things his way.

His dad sent him a birthday card that upset him. He signed it "Please don't hate me forever". What an idiot. Jonathan doesn't hate him......... they just have NO relationship. We moved to Oregon when my son was 15. It took his dad 3 months to call and talk to him. I tried to tell him he was really screwing up - but he wouldn't listen. No - they never speak to each other. I have sent my ex info/updates on what is happening with our son about once a year. Maybe its time for me send another one.

I hate this .............. my own fault though - I picked the WRONG man to father my child.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I spent about an hour reading more about diatomaceous earth. I'm going to get hubby to start putting it in his morning fiber drink. I'm hoping it will help his arthritic hands.

I have hopes that this will help me with a lot of things............
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• breakfast - 3 eggs fried in butter.

Dinner - roast beef and potato with butter.

I ate some cashews today. I also ate the last of the cookie dough.

I watched My 600 pound Life today............ Lord have mercy!!! Food has such a grip on those poor people!!! Its all consuming! Made me want to cut my portions in half!!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yeah for cookie dough being done.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• no kidding! I need to purge my house of all things needed to make cookies.

I also forgot --- a fruit smoothie.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think my bowel issues have been or are in the process of being fixed! I have had several days now with no pain, and very healthy solid stools!

Probiotics
                        Digestive Enzymes
                        Kill the Parasites

That's my arsenal.

I've added back vitamin D and B complex without issue. I've also added a couple other things - one for Thyroid that I got from Vitacost. I've greatly reduced my use of ibuprofen and Tylenol. I have only one Tramadol left. I think I'm just going to flush it cuz one pill won't do anything anyway. I will add DHEA today.

Today I'm recommitting to clean eating. I mean - considering all that I've eaten - I haven't been horribly bad. Cookie dough, 2 slices of sourdough bread and diet coke with vodka........ which I have come to realize causes nasal congestion - the diet coke part. I'm not beating myself over the head for it and since my bowel issues seem to be under control I can't blame the questionable food for causing my digestive issues anymore.

I have accomplished 2/3 of my goals for changing my diet. The fibro pain, fatigue and everything is gone (unless I eat sugar), and the bowel issues appear to be on the mend. The thing I haven't accomplished is losing weight and getting fit.

That is my next goal. I haven't weighed today.......... time to go shower and get ready for work. I'll step on the scale before I shower.
                        Last edited by tomi; 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• weight - 185. Not surprising - but not happy with it.

why is it so difficult for me lose weight? My mom is 88 -- she's lost 25 pounds in the past year just by "cutting back". She still eats ice cream and candy every day. I can lick the ice cream spoon and gain a pound!!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• After yesterdays declaration of having my bowels "fixed" -- I have to make a retraction. I'm guessing its the result of the parasite cleanse - I've heard this can happen.

I will continue..............
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, I think you need to keep in mind that it could be YEARS for you to truly fix your bowel issues. That does not mean you are not making strides. Improvements are nothing to frown at, and you have certainly had improvements! Your journey right now is important, it seems like you are focusing a lot on the end goal instead. This probably sounds discouraging, but I really don't mean it to be.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• No it doesn't sound discouraging. I am focusing on the end goal! I have had intestinal issues for 7 years and I'm growing impatient with finding a fix! I do understand that there is going to be good times and bad times before I find a balanced, healthy gut. And I will admit - the bad times are going to cause emotional distress for sure!

Eating properly is KEY for sure. I think the other things I'm doing are working in my favor.

Even with the loose bowels of late - I don't experience the intense cramping and pain. That alone makes me think I'm on the right track.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X