No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My tummy is better, thanks! I ate some boring chicken last night - I needed something rather bland. The digestive enzymes and probiotics are still helping a lot.

My toe is looking better. I used some Vicks on it over the weekend and sorta tried to push it under the lose part of the nail to get to the infection part. There is less discoloration now.

I'm feeling proud of myself for not continuing on with the nightly vodka. I tasted hubby's rum drink and it was GROSS! That made me happy since I used to love the taste of it. The vodka doesn't have a flavor so if I drink it all I taste is whatever I've mixed it with......... and since that doesn't grab me I don't really have a desire for it. I think I've kicked my drinking "habit".

This morning is the last of my first 6 weeks physical therapy sessions. Next week I start the twice a week plus daily homework regime. I'm anxious to start using my arm again. Last week the therapist cautioned me to be aware of my limitations for the next several months. She said I will feel like I can doing things because it doesn't hurt or because I have the ROM - but I can easily do damage to surgical repair if I don't stay within my medical guidelines. I have too keep that in mind. Today she is going to make a report to send the doc - measurements of movement and strength - although all movement is still passive at this point. I see the surgeon on Thursday.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• PT was grueling today! My arm has its own migraine going on!! But, progress is good. She told me one more week of only one visit per week, and she's out the first of next week so I don't go back until Friday. I have some at home exercises to do, just once daily. Then starting in May I have 2 appointments scheduled per week. She said we may not use them, but she wanted me to snag the time just in case we do. She will have a better idea of the direction we are going once the doc see's the report from todays PT and does a physical exam on Thursday.

I'm at work and not wearing the sling. She told me I am able to do more reaching forward and sideways now - but still not lifting at all. So, I'm working on it. Just reaching for the mouse is giving me a good work out!

My weight was up today - not surprising, considering I ate poorly over the weekend. And I had alcohol on Friday night. I hope to see it back down to 180 by weeks end. I have got to start taking off some weight again. Its not my main focus - as I'm still very much focused on fixing the gut......... but it is still a goal, just a lesser goal.

The gut is good today - no pain, and just one loose BM - but no diarrhea - so I'm happy with that.

I'm at work........ going home in a bit and will get on the treadmill. I missed both Saturday and Sunday!!! so today I will do a full 20 minutes. By the end of the week I will be at 25 minutes per day.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Glad your healing is progressing well!
        K

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Thanks, Kmarie!

I just spend an hour on the phone with a dear friend I've known since 1975! We lost touch for a good many years - but have found our friendship again over the past 5 years. She's a sweet thing! Her and her husband moor their boat at the same marina as we do - so we get to visit a lot in the summer. Plus, hubby does all their boat work You know you have a true friend when you can be apart for 30 years - and then just pick up and be great friends again without any weirdness to muddle through!

Growing up in a small town has its benefits. I'm still friends with so many people that I've known since I was in first grade. In fact, writing that prompted me to send a text to my friend Rhonda......... a friend since the 1st grade. She's been on my mind everyday for a week so I think I need to see her.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have a friend like that. She lives in Florida. I see her once every few years. I wish it was more frequent.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I had a rough night. The stuff I was taking to help me sleep isn't working anymore.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I ordered some more Knock Out from vita-cost. Hopefully that will help in the sleep department. I've been taking straight melatonin because I was trying to save money - but the Knock Out works better.

I'm at work. Left my sling at home and everyone is asking why I'm not wearing it I have permission to start moving my arm within certain parameters. I've very limited ROM right now. Its weird.

I started taking the parasite cleanse and I got all nauseous. I suppose that means its doing something. Maybe that's my entire problem and it will rid me of this affliction!!!!

Back to work.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  I have a friend like that. She lives in Florida. I see her once every few years. I wish it was more frequent.
                  Even if you don't see her - its good to stay in touch. I have a wonderful friend that I met while I was living in Boise many years ago. We will go years without talking and then we'll spend 2 hours catching up. I haven't seen her face to face for about 15 years - but we still love each other and like to talk once in a great while.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• nauseous again. I'm blaming the new stuff that I'm taking for parasites.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• We talk frequently. We're also Facebook friends so it's easy to stay in touch.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                        We talk frequently. We're also Facebook friends so it's easy to stay in touch.
                        That's awesome
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• So glad to read about your progress in healing from your surgery! Why are you doing a parasite cleanse? Did you get tested for them?
                          This is my journal page!
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
                            So glad to read about your progress in healing from your surgery! Why are you doing a parasite cleanse? Did you get tested for them?
                            No test -- but we all have them. I figured it couldn't hurt and might help my gut issues.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've decided I'm giving up on prescription glasses for now. I hate that the "focal point" of the lens is only right where you are looking straight ahead! If you shift your eyes you lose the focus - you have to turn your head. Store bought readers are full focus across the entire lens. I can where my old store bought glasses and see much better than I can with my expensive prescription glasses.

I see the doc tomorrow for my 5 week post op appointment. I'm beginning to realize why this type of surgery has a one year to full recovery warning attached to it! This is slow going for sure!! The PT told me I can start to increase my ROM - but doing that causes my arm to ache. My ROM is very small right now. I can move my elbow out from my torso about 5 inches and then it stops. So, I'm not doing much but causing pain. I'm anxious to hear what the doctor has to say tomorrow.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• That's cool that you can use reading glasses instead A nice cheap alternative and so many styles to choose from! I'm near-sighted, so reading glasses aren't needed/an option for me.

Hulky didn't have the physical therapy that you are having, his surgery was a little different and he was in pain for a lot longer, but it does take a long time to build back a usable amount of strength . Good luck!
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X