Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Wendy and Kmarie

The healing is slow........ but once its done there will be no stopping me!!!!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• So, got to the office and found an empty box. NO WORK. I did a few things - spend a little less than 2 hours there and left. I came home - ate something chocolate and made myself feel sick. That was dumb. But I'm fine now. I know - chocolate is NOT eating clean. I had a moment of weakness. I quickly followed up with a nice hot bowl of homemade chicken soup - took my probiotics and enzymes and drank a glass of water.

My arm is killing me!!! I'm about to call the PT and find out why I'm hurting so much. I think I have a knot in my back that is shooting pain down to my hand. I'm going to go lay on the heat pad for a while and see if that helps. Time for a good movie I guess
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• A few weeks ago I mentioned my husbands friend who is very old and is going to be leaving this world in the very near future. He went to visit this friend after work tonight. I'm worried about how he's going to take this. G is like family to hubby. When hubby decided to start his own business 20 years ago G was right there and even loaned him some very key machinery to get him started. He's been a huge part of hubbies life for all these years.

For my praying MDA friends....... please keep hubby in mind tonight. He will need comfort. Thanks.

He's home...........
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Prayers for your hubby's friend.
          K

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Tomi,

http://bodyecology.com/articles/is-w...ealthy-for-you

I just wanted to share this with you. When I first started improving and jump started the weight loss I used starter cultures (maybe for the first month or so) for my ferments and later switched to wild (cheaper, easier, natural). Anyway, I did see the most significant increases in health and decreases in negative symptoms and weight in this time as well. If course, I cut out wheat, sugar, caffeine, etc, while increasing ferments so it could have been any or a combo of all.
            Anyway, reading this article just made me wonder if there's something to the cultures being a better option, at least maybe when our guts are in such an imbalance.

Just food for thought-

K

Comment

• Idk if you're doing other wild ferments besides kombucha but I just thought it was an interesting idea, just another possible puzzle piece when things aren't going as expected ....

Comment

• kombucha is the only thing I'm doing right now. I don't currently have a batch going, but I still have 8 bottles in the fridge. I have been so disappointed in the batches that I've made lately!! My first batch was so yummy and I just haven't been able to replicate it.

I read the article about fermenting foods. But I just don't have a taste for those things.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• So funny on the Kombucha, I have run into the same thing! My first batch came out perfect, and I haven't been able to make another one as good since! What is up with that? Does anyone have kombucha brewing secrets they can share?
                  This is my journal page!
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• my first batch tasted like fermented apple cider. It was perfect. Every batch since tastes like apple cider vinegar!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• if it's reaching the point of tasting like vinegar, could that mean you fermented too long? I know nothing about kombucha or fermenting foods, so take that for what it's worth...
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• fermenting the same number of days each batch. the flavor is weak, but the vinegar is strong. Don't know what to do.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• This may help What can go wrong? Trouble Shooting your Kombucha problems
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Step daughter stopped by to get something from her room again. I wish this didn't annoy me but it does. She hasn't lived here for over 2 years - almost 3 years. But she uses her old bedroom as a storage unit. She comes by to get things out or put things in, but she never comes over here to see us or to visit. Her dad doesn't seem to have a problem with this. I think it is a problem. She's almost 25 - she's living at her moms. So, why does she have to have so much crap still using up space in our house? I guess its really not big deal.......... I mean, we wouldn't be using the room for anything anyway. Its more the principle of the situation............ if you're going to move out..... then MOVE OUT! She has no plans of getting her own place anytime soon so everything will remain the same until she decides to change it. Makes me feel like I have no power to control what happens in our home.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sounds like that's going to continue to be a problem unless you and hubby can get on the same page. Otherwise you are just the bad guy . I'm sorry you have to deal with that frustration. I agree, she needs to move her stuff out if she's not living with you anymore.

Maybe if you talked to Hubby about a concrete plan for what to do with that room if it was free?
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Maybe something like fermented coconut water kefir made with kefir starter would be a good thing instead of the booch for now.
                                K

Comment

Working...
                                X