No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay - eggs and smoothie so far --- with dinner on the way.

I'm making chicken fried with bacon and pile of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

I MIGHT trying adding potato and sweet potato back into my diet. I haven't eaten either for 67 days because I was following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet -- the premise being the inability to digest starch was causing some of the gut issues.

I'm thinking I might test that hypothesis. Maybe I'll have some potatoes tomorrow.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm gonna try some rice tomorrow and readd starches hopefully as well! Good luck to us
      [ The Path of Healing Journal. ]

"Live in each season as it passes;
      breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
      and resign yourself to the influence of the earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Makoce View Post
        I'm gonna try some rice tomorrow and readd starches hopefully as well! Good luck to us
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks Tomi. I have an appointment with a podiatrist tomorrow afternoon. They'll be doing x-rays. The doctor I saw last week didn't even mention the possibility. I will not be seeing that doctor again.

Comment

• Marcadav --- what did you find out?

So I think the probiotics and digestive enzymes are working well

not feeling good today...........
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• My CP complicates things, but what we found out today--Remember left is CP affected. X -rays show:
              1. My toes and bones are different on the left than those on the right-- less density, bones spread farther apart, rotated differently.
              2.I have a bone spur in my heel and multiple calcium deposits all along my surgically altered (1961) very tight Achilles tendon-- knew about the tightness.

Physical exam revealed what I already knew:
              1. dorsal flexion/strength is less on the left than the right but not significantly--4 out of 5 verses 5 out of 5.
              2. Ankle flexion on the the left is less than 90 degrees and only with right side tandem flexion.
              I have a slight drop foot and step-it gait-- meaning I lift more from the knee than flex from the ankle and my foot droops down slightly. . Most people do not notice this unless I am very tired.

Ultrasound results revealed;
              1.Left plantar fascia is twice the thickness of that on the right, indicating inflammation. 4 verses 2. But not as severe as suspected.

Treatment was cortisone injection into the plantar fascia in the hopes that would reduce the inflammation and eliminate symptoms.

Prognosis:
              1. Injection resolves symptoms
              2. Possibility that another round of injections will be needed in 2-3 week-- at next appt.
              3. Slight possibility of surgical procedure needed.

Walked out of the office without pain or limping. Since being home some pain has returned but I'm hoping things will settle back down after the trauma of being injected (painful) resolves..

I was cleared to walk, but not run/jog, on the treadmill as long as no discomfort is present.

What does "not feeling good today" mean in terms of symptoms?
              Last edited by marcadav; 04-10-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• well, that doesn't too bad. Hope the injection works wonders!

I'm trying to spend less time on the computer............ but since I'm so limited with my arm that just means I spend more time watching tv. Its a toss up as to which is a bigger waste of my time and energy.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Do you have a treadmill? I can't remember. Maybe you can walk & watch something?
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• yes I do I've been meaning to get on it now that I don't have to wear the sling at home - but I can't "swing" my arm in normal walking fashion......... so I'm a little scared to try. But I'm going to today - even if I just take a stroll on the treadmill.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yesterday was a bad day. I was feeling lousy - and I ate some things that were bad choices. A few potato chips and 2 slices of sourdough. It was easy and quick - and I didn't have the energy to cook anything.

Today I'm better.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• As a one handed treadmill user I suggest holding the rail with your good hand until you get to using it with your limitations. I'd also be careful when using it without your sling.

Pain in my heel is back to being very painful today.

Comment

• My balance is still weird so I'm being very careful --

maybe some good insoles would help with the foot pain? Guess the injection didn't do much huh?
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• weight........ 180.2 still. This was with wet hair after showering.......... so I'm hoping it wasn't totally accurate. Totally dry maybe it was under 180?? Tomorrow............ maybe tomorrow.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I seem to remember the doctor, that did my shoulder, saying that the pain could be bad/worse for 24-48 hours after getting the injection. I'm hoping that is what is happening here.

The podiatrist did do a lot of putting the needle in, out, and around. He commented, more than once, on how well I tolerating what he was doing and how I must have a high pain threshold--I do.

Comment

• My food seems to be about the same everyday. Eggs, a smoothie and a protein with veggies.

I must say I'm a bit shocked by the consistency of the scale lately. I mean it hasn't fluctuated hardly at all in the past week. Its been right at 180-181. Weird. Still reaching for that 179........... I was really hoping to see it this week - and I still tomorrow so I'm going to continue to hope.

So - gut update: Yesterday I had a very healthy poo! Pain level has been none at all to just a little for the past week as well. And I've had a couple days of loose stool - but no diarrhea since I cut out the nuts/nut flour.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X