No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see you are making progress, Tomi. Hang in there.

Comment

• I'd make him go back upstairs. Glad the meds are working and you're healing quickly.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I woke him up around 2:30 and asked him to go sleep in our room. I made it sound like it was for his sleep quality because he was waking up about every 30 minutes and stirring anyway. I still didn't sleep that great, but better.

I'm dragging my feet going to the office today cuz I know I don't have much to do today. Maybe 2 patient charts to enter into the system. Probably won't take me more than an hour.

Okay - I am day 52 SCD, day 5 strict primal, and day 29 alcohol free.

weight - 180.2 .................. I need to lose 1/2 a pound to feel victory in that area.

Marcadav......... I know you think I shouldn't be focusing on anything but eating right --- but I will continue to strive to lose as I'm working on my gut health. Its too deeply engrained in my psyche to just not care right now. And I don't want to "not care" -- I can't gain weight. I don't have clothes for a larger me, and I refuse to buy larger clothes. So - its maintain - or lose. There is no other option.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
          weight - 180.2 .................. I need to lose 1/2 a pound to feel victory in that area

Marcadav......... I know you think I shouldn't be focusing on anything but eating right --- but I will continue to strive to lose as I'm working on my gut health. Its too deeply engrained in my psyche to just not care right now. And I don't want to "not care" -- I can't gain weight. I don't have clothes for a larger me, and I refuse to buy larger clothes. So - its maintain - or lose. There is no other option.

I understand your feelings. I also know that what the scale does is not within our control.

That half a pound does not define whether you are victorious or not. You are victorious each time you make the choices that get and keep you healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
            I understand your feelings. I also know that what the scale does is not within our control.

That half a pound does not define whether you are victorious or not. You are victorious each time you make the choices that get and keep you healthy.
            This. I so agree and need to keep in my mind also.
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• You're absolutely right about the choices --- and I do consider each and every good choice a victory! My cravings for apple pie/ice cream/or any other sweet treat has been squelched by making a daily fruit smoothie! That's a victory for sure. I'm just saying --- as far as the weight loss goals go....... I need to keep forging ahead on that front. And each step downward helps me stay the course.

My goals are not just to get a healthy gut and happy digestion - but also get back down to a healthy weight and stay there. I do think its possible to work on both goals simultaneously since eating right/healthy is the way to reach both goals. However - the weight will come off with focused effort -- My main goal is healthy eating, the weight loss will surely happen naturally.

Today I bought coconut milk and coconut cream for my smoothies. Banana's and frozen strawberries make a yummy smoothie for sure!! I haven't tried the blueberries yet. Maybe tomorrow. I did remember to take the lactaid today for the yogurt - so if I have issues I can't blame the lactose.

Its 4 pm and this is my first food today.

Dinner tonight will be hamburger and squash and cooked mixed veggies.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• smoothie = gas and a belly ache. Maybe I should eat protein first.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Maybe the coconut milk? Is that something you usually don't eat/drink or maybe on that amount?

Comment

• Originally posted by kmarie View Post
                    Maybe the coconut milk? Is that something you usually don't eat/drink or maybe on that amount?
                    I've never used coconut milk/cream prior to this week. So I don't know if its causing the issues.

Honestly I think todays pain was caused from fasting for 20 hours and then eating fruit. As soon as the gas passed the pain was over. I should always eat protein as my first food of the day - things just seem to set better when I do. Tomorrow I will eat some eggs before I make a smoothie and see if there is any difference.

I ate a handful of cashews/macadamia nuts tonight. Hunger and nothing to snack on made me do it. I was thinking about making a couple of eggs - but cooking at 9:45 pm just didn't seem feasible. So - I grabbed some nuts. It was a small amount and I don't anticipate issues.

I feel about the choices I've made since starting this new "boot camp" of eating strict primal. And the addition of fruit in the smoothies seems to be setting okay with me. I'm hoping the daily banana will help firm up the bowels and help with the diarrhea issues.

Hubby decided to go to bed upstairs tonight So I'm hoping for a better nights sleep. I put some magnesium cream on my feet, took a couple Vicodin and 4 ibuprofen cuz my neck/shoulder/arm is aching and feeling very tight and uncomfortable. I spent about an hour without my sling writing checks to pay bills for the boatshop - I might have over worked the area.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• slept pretty good last night! I actually feel really rested today! I decided to try the little sample of mag. oil that I got when I ordered the Prescript Assist. I'm not sure if it was the Vicodin or the oil or the combination - but I was sleeping pretty soundly most of the night. I did take a second dose of Vicodin and ibuprofen around 4 am cuz my shoulder/arm was still uncomfortable and making it difficult to fall asleep again after my potty run. Whatever.......... I slept well and I'm thankful for that!

I've already showered and I'm letting my hair air dry to see what happens. Last night I told hubby - "I really don't like my hair short!" He said he liked it a lot and thought it was really cute. So I'm not sure what to do about it. I guess for now - I won't worry about it too much. I mean - Until I have the use of my right arm back I don't have any choice but to wear it short and curly.

Weight still 180.6 --- at least it isn't fluctuating by a pound or 2 daily. Its consistently staying at the 180.something mark. And I'm still crossing fingers to see it dip by the end of the week.

Today is:

Day 30 Alcohol FREE
                      Day 6 Primal Boot Camp
                      Day 53 SCD

Its a GORGEOUS day today!!! Blue skies and sunny! Spring is here!!!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, please try eating 3 meals a day for a while. I think it will help with the hunger and then reaching for food later in the evening.

I don't understand what you are saying here:
                        "I feel about the choices I've made since starting this new "boot camp" of eating strict primal."

The weather is nice. I need to mow the lawn but hurt my foot 2 weeks ago.

Went to the doctor (not mine) last week-- total waste of time, money, effort. She actually looked things up on the internet trying to see what the problem was-- sites I had already read.

Finally broke down and called a podiatrist. Thank goodness for cancellations, as the wait to be seen is 2-4 weeks. Appointment is tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                          Tomi, please try eating 3 meals a day for a while. I think it will help with the hunger and then reaching for food later in the evening.

I don't understand what you are saying here:
                          "I feel about the choices I've made since starting this new "boot camp" of eating strict primal."

The weather is nice. I need to mow the lawn but hurt my foot 2 weeks ago.

Went to the doctor (not mine) last week-- total waste of time, money, effort. She actually looked things up on the internet trying to see what the problem was-- sites I had already read.

Finally broke down and called a podiatrist. Thank goodness for cancellations, as the wait to be seen is 2-4 weeks. Appointment is tomorrow afternoon.
                          I'm working on eating 3 times a day. I just had eggs - even though I wasn't really hungry. My gut seems to be feeling better and although I have had days with loose stool I haven't had a real episode of diarrhea and the pain has been minimal.

I meant to say I feel "good" about my choices. I've been very careful to not entertain my cravings -- instead I tell myself, "A smoothie is sweet and cold and refreshing - and won't cause harm" Instead of obsessing over thoughts of the things that I have put aside for now.

What happened to your foot? Hope doc can help........... Maybe just a minor strain? That would heal quickly!

I need to mow the lawn too........... or I guess, hubby needs to mow as I am off lawn duty for the summer - or at least until doc releases me. I am hoping by the end of the summer I will be able to do some yard work. But if not - I can live with it. I'm not sure hubby will enjoy having to mow 2-3 times a week once he starts working 12-14 hours at the boatshop. We might have to buck up and hire a yard maintenance company for the summer.

I just ordered some Ancient Minerals Magnesium Goodnight cream. For $20 its worth a try to see if it will help me sleep better.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm not sure what happened. I was on the treadmill, 3.5 miles into the 4 miles I wanted to do, when I got a very sudden and uncomfortable pain in my heel. Now it hurts every time I walk more than 10-20 steps and the pain increases the more I walk, am on my feet.

I haven't been on the treadmill since then--2 weeks tomorrow. That's the longest I've gone without walking in a very long time.

Comment

• perhaps a bone spur? They can come up suddenly. have you had xrays? sounds painful......... Hope you can find a quick and easy cure.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• work is SLOW for me right now!! The doc has a stack of referrals at least a foot thick! He needs to go through them so the can be scheduled so I have work to do! I've only worked 8 hours this week and I'm strongly doubting I will have anything for tomorrow. I will call the office in the morning to find out if there is anything pending.

Got hubby a variety of cold meds. Hopefully something will help clear up his stuffy head. I found some short sleeved t's on sale. And a few odds and ends.

I had several compliments on my hair today. I decided to try just wash, condition, fluff and dry. I like it -- and several others do to. Even the lady at the drive-thru bank window commented.......... You cut your hair! It's absolutely adorable!!! ........... So I feel better about it. Its very soft this way - I might just decide to keep it short. It will be very easy peasy for boating.

My shoulder is hurting. Time for some pain killers. I think I will wear the sling for the rest of the day.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X