Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Probably pulled the "scab" away from where the vein was healing. I've managed to do the same thing - no bruise when removed and 3-5 days later I have a huge one.
    This.

Glad you're starting to feel better and it seems like they're moving you right along with the exercises. Good to hear. I hope it continues to go well for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• yes, that's what I thought too.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• bible study got cancelled tonight......... one out sick, one on vacation, one had a long hard day, one is grading papers and that leaves just me. hubby is at the shop late so I will go relax with a movie.

I'm getting good at showering doing my hair and makeup and getting dressed all by my self!!! although I still have to wear loose tops that I can slide the arm hole up my right arm as it dangles limply at my side - then have a big enough neck whole to pull it up and over my head and loose enough to then maneuver my left arm up and into the arm whole. phew!! it's a challenge and I don't have a lot that I can do this with. I'm still in sweat pants and slip on shoes. Oh a BRA?? forget that!! a stretch knit camisole with a shelf bra is all I do right now. and undies are totally optional. I have figured out how put on socks left handed as well. I'm a little proud of myself for these simple accomplishments that we normally take for granted and do without even having to think about it.

I've managed to make it to day 40 SCD. another accomplishment. a few small deviations but I give myself a solid 97% compliancy. I figure out of all the bites of food or drinks I have put into my mouth over the passed 40 days .......... I've only messed up with poor choices or lack of options on at best 20 items.. I actually did count them cuz I track everything I eat. on average I put food or drink in my mouth 16 items per day...counting 8 ounces of water as one item and each portion of food as one item. so 16 times 40 is 640 items. if I failed on 20 items then I failed on 3.125% of my total. I think that is something to be proud of. Especially when considering my track record for compliance to any one elimination diet I have tried over the past years. and if I want to look at how primally compliant I have been over these 40 days............ the diet coke, sour dough bread and the crackers are the only offenders. and sour dough falls into LESS offensive category. so I'm giving myself a pat on the back!!!!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think you're doing great considering the hardship you're dealing with right now. You are on your way to being a stronger person - both physically and mentally. Just think... since you've done so well up to this point, once this is over, you'll have no trouble at all sticking to something 100% for a really long time. You're doing great.

Comment

• thanks, Jenn I do feel pretty good. I came into this shoulder surgery with a lot of fear and apprehension - but its all turning out pretty good. And yes, I'm feeling stronger and more confident in my ability to move forward.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• okay my MDA friends who were alive and at least a teen in the 80's .............. remember Glam Shots???? Well - here's mine!

glam shot.jpg
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I remember Glam Shots, but they were called "Glamour Shots" here - same idea, but maybe different name? They went into the 90's b/c I always wanted one.

PS very pretty... it's no wonder hubby went after you!

Comment

• WOW!!! Glam indeed!!!! What a knock out!
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• The studio printed up a 24x36 and had it hanging it their gallery for about 3 months - they offered it to me at a discounted price. It was a gift to my ex husband for our anniversary. When we parted ways he told me he didn't want it. So now it resides in a closet behind coats and vacuum cleaners!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well, better he gave it back to you than shredding it to bits.

Comment

• I suppose Hubby laughed at it............ I guess hiding it in the closet is the best place for it. Maybe someday my son will appreciate it???
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• feeling low today. not yet 2 weeks post surgery. still not sleeping more than 3 hours without waking and needing something to help me go back to sleep. Pain level is greatly reduced but I'm so freakin' uncomfortable in this sling!! I've been taking 2 Vicodin a couple times a night just for the sleep effect. The lack of sleep is really starting to get to me. I'm not getting more than 4-5 hours night and that is usually broken into 3-4 segments. Definitely not getting into restorative sleep. Tonight I'm going back to Melatonin. I need to get another bottle of the Knock Out - I didn't buy it last time cuz it wasn't on sale and I was feeling cheap.

Doc says I can remove the pillow part of the sling during the day, but only when I'm home and not around people. He says its a good "buffer" to let people know that side of my body is off limits. But I will be able to remove it next week so I can drive again! With the pillow I don't fit behind the steering wheel and I can't maneuver enough to reach the gear shifter. I took one more week off work so I don't have to be back in the office until the 7th. I'm working from home right now and its working well!

Gut report:

SCD day 42. I've not been 100% the past couple days. Hubby found a wonderful sourdough bread that is as close to "legal" primally as I have ever seen. Other than the wheat flour its pretty healthy. A friend gave us a sour dough starter and we are converting it to almond flour instead of wheat --- slow process of incorporating in the almond flour and thinning out the wheat. I'm hoping this will result in a regular source of bread for the both of us. I also slipped up and ate a few bites of beans and rice with my bacon wrapped shrimp with jack cheese. So, beans and rice are both starches and NOT allowed on the SCD. I totally blew it off. Luckily no ill effects. BMs are not daily yet, but when they happen they are formed and with NO pain. I haven't any tummy pain for 18 days. I'd say the alcohol has a very serious effect on my gut issues, and I'm glad I've cut it out!! I almost resorted to having a drink Friday night because I will still awake at 12:30 pm. Then I fell asleep with Vicodin instead of having a drink! progress!

I'm 20 days no alcohol.

Mood............... dragging. The lack of sleep is taking its toll.

and to top it all off.............. I have a terrible rash from the antiseptic they slathered my arm in for the surgery. I assume its a Betadine solution - I've never had a reaction to it before though. Shoulder to fingertips is a giant rash!!! I have been using Benedryl cream and it helps stop the itch for a little while.

I'm in Pity Party mode today.
                          Last edited by tomi; 03-30-2014, 11:10 AM.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• slept lots better last night. I took 2 Vicodin and a melatonin at 9:45 and was asleep soon after. I woke up 2 times during the night to go potty, then was awake at 6:00 when hubby got up. It might be a napping day. I've resigned myself to the fact that the reclining ends of the sofa will be my bedroom until I'm out of this sling. I tried 2 nights ago to sleep in my bed, but even with the wedge pillow it was too uncomfortable. Hubby is so cute - he refuses to stay in the bedroom and sleeps in the living room with me. What a guy.

Doc said I can spend some time out of the sling as long as I'm at home. I had it off for about an hour this morning. It felt so good to be unencumbered. But after the hour I was feeling the need for the support and put it back on. My shoulder and arm muscles are so atrophied its hard to just let it hang at my side - it feels like the shoulder joint is all loose and my arm is just going to fall out of the socket.

Tomorrow I have my second PT appointment. I'm going to take off the pillow part of the sling and drive myself. EEEEESH!

On tummy issues. I can see that lowering my daily intake of Vicodin is allowing the bowels to loosen up a bit. I seemed to have a complete emptying this morning - starting at 6:30 am........... 4 more BMs and I think we're all caught up. NO pain, and no diarrhea Hubby made steak last night - he marinated his in a soy based brine. I wonder if some of that got on my steak and had something to do with the clean out this morning. I need to talk to him about not using the same utensils when cooking with soy based foods. I tend to let my guard a bit on the weekends cuz I know hubby has a hard time wrapping his brain around how I want things cooked - but during the week I tighten things up again.

I don't know what the scales are doing.............. trying not to be concerned too much with that right now. Feeling a bit bloated.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Fortunately the PT should help with those atrophy issues, right?

I'm happy to hear your recovery is going so well. Hulky was in a significant amount of pain for much longer than he should have been after his shoulder surgery. I was worried you might have the same problem, but it sounds like you're doing really well!
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm doing fine on the pain end of things. The first 4 days were rough and the first 8 nights - then it calmed down. Now to let it heal and regain my strength Yes, that's what the PT is for, but not until the 7th week. Up until then, its just keeping my joints from locking up and keeping the muscles moving in a very gentle passive way. I'm not supposed to do much of anything on my own. Absolutely no elbow above the shoulder movements even in PT until after the 6 week mark.

I'm 2 weeks in. UGH............. I'm burning this sling when I can take it off for good!

Tummy troubles are starting to worsen today. Still not diarrhea, but 6 times to the potty already, and its only 10:20 am. A little tummy pain. Hoshita's marinade on hubby's steak must have gotten onto mine. He says he put both steaks on one plate when bringing them in from the BBQ -- meaning the juices from his steak got onto time. He is having a hard time wrapping his brain around my food sensitivities ............ this is going to take some gentle re-education on my part. Once he "gets it" I know it will all be fine - but he needs to understand how it all works. Last night while we were eating his cut off a piece of his steak and put it on my plate - said "here, taste this" ........... after I asked him what was on it and I told him I couldn't eat it cuz it was soy he said ............ oh I forgot. UGH! frustrating!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X