Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCD day 37.

I have had no alcohol for 14 days. my diet has not been 100% since surgery day, but pretty close. I have eaten 3 slices of sough dough bread, some butter crackers, and a few very small bowls of ice cream. otherwise compliant. its hard to have control when hubby is providing my meals. I am attempting to get back to 100% as of today. Weight?? no idea. I ate salty nuts the passed couple days so I will guess I'm up a tad. would like to 179 when this sling comes off so I need to be careful. Bowels are better for sure. a week of heavy narcotics stopped up the pipes a bit but they have cleared without aid.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Glad to hear you are making progress. Follow docs orders & take it easy!! Be so kind & gentle to yourself during this recovery time. Probably a good time to gets lots of sleep & get some books read...some movies watched!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I forgot to mention that Vicodin can cause constipation. Increased water intake is usually enough to combat it.

Glad things seem to be on the mend. Don't neglect your PT when they tell you to do stuff at home!
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Warning cyber bully - TAKE IT EASY!! I believe you told me the same......
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I am glad things are improving. And, I hope the PT will be less painful than you expect.

Where are you doing your PT?

Comment

• taking easy for sure. tried to see if I could drive myself to PT today. I can get into drivers seat but the this sling is so cumbersome I can't reach the shifter or put on my seat belt. I may be working from home for the next 5 weeks until this straight jacket is removed!!!

the Vicodin hasn't constipated me yet. so far no diarrhea troubles though I think I ate way too much yesterday!! I'm so bored! hubby left for work at 6:30 am and got home at 8:30 pm ........ bored and lonely = mindless eating. kitchen maneuvering is difficult so I go the easy stuff. nuts, sourdough toast, chicken soup, and ice cream. I asked hubby to crack some eggs before he leaves for work. but so far he's not remembering to do that. I'm figuring it out but I'm making a colossal mess in the process!! the ice cream makes me feel gross, so I think I'm done with that.

now I will go upstairs and attempt to make something presentable with my hair and face. for 7 days I haven't bothered to do anything. I may easily skip the face.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• doing PT at NW REHAB south salem.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good luck Tomi. By the time the 5 weeks is up, you'll be a pro at working on-handed!
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Ask hubby to crack the eggs tonight while you can see that it's done, place in covered dish in the fridge. Easy peasy.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I want to do that - but he's already doing so much it makes cringe to ask more.

PT was fine. she just tested my current range of motion. 95% totally assisted. she wants me home for one more week - so no going to work until april 7. she said it should be easier for me drive by then.

gonna go rest now..... ugh!!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        I want to do that - but he's already doing so much it makes cringe to ask more.
                        Not to be rude, but I have to call BS on that. I'd have trouble believing he'd feel hard done by for asking him to come help you for 30 seconds to crack a few eggs into a bowl that you already have all out. Proper nutrition is extremely important to your healing, so you need to eat more than random snacks. This is a good time to pull out those big girl panties, swallow the cringe response, take a deep breath and just ask.

Not meaning to offend, or negate how you feel, but I must insist this is one you need to get over. It's all about your recovery, and you need the help.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• ^ I totally agree.
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                            Not to be rude, but I have to call BS on that. I'd have trouble believing he'd feel hard done by for asking him to come help you for 30 seconds to crack a few eggs into a bowl that you already have all out. Proper nutrition is extremely important to your healing, so you need to eat more than random snacks. This is a good time to pull out those big girl panties, swallow the cringe response, take a deep breath and just ask.

Not meaning to offend, or negate how you feel, but I must insist this is one you need to get over. It's all about your recovery, and you need the help.

okay - I hear ya!! I'm not eating random snacks though. when I want eggs I just crack them left handed. I make a little mess and sometimes have to fish out a few shell pieces. but I have had eggs nearly daily since surgery. its hard to cook most anything with only one hand -- as you well know and understand I have preformed burger patties that I made before surgery and 6 quarts of chicken soup (although now down to 4) I also have frozen pureed squash. the random snacking is more due to boredom than anything else.

and in hubbies defense..... he works 12 hours days at the boatshop and is more than helpful and accommodating -- this is why I have a hard time asking him for more help.

maybe I'm just to prideful to ask for help when I could do it myself with just a bit of difficulty???

I am learning things about myself through this experience.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Me too.

I hope you're starting to feel somewhat better.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• ready to start working from home today. there is a new patient on the schedule tomorrow but the incoming charts notes haven't been scan in yet so I can't start the chart in our system. I called the office and asked them to call me when it was ready.

day 39 SCD (with some minor deviations)

gut is feeling 80% better than prior to SCD. gut pain is rare - not even daily. BMs are about 75% closer to what is normal and healthy. cutting the alcohol made a huge difference. I can see where I was in total denial on that issue. yesterday I devoured an entire sleeve of butter crackers (out of sheer boredom) and my gut protested with pain bloating and gas. I got nervous prior to PT and had to use the bathroom a few times, but wouldn't classify the results as diarrhea....... just loose. so...........overall I am 100% sure I am on the right track. that's a good feeling.

I'm watching way too much tv!!! I'm pulling out old movies that I haven't watched in a long time. yesterday I watched Take the Lead, Antonio Banderas! (yummy) I like dancing movies. even the teenaged girls movies like Drum Line, Save the Last Dance, and the cheerleading competition stuff. Too bad when step daughter moved out she took those with her.

okay. gonna try to catch up some more on other journals.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X