No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks. doing better this afternoon but still hurting. prayers appreciated!!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Glad it's getting better. Prayers continue.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hang in there. Each day should be at least a bit better.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thinking good thoughts for you and praying very hard. It will get better, it really will. Thanks for checking in with us, we care about you and want you feeling better!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Glad you checked in...I was getting worried too. Everyday will get a little easier & a little easier. Thank goodness for pain pills huh? Hope you recover quickly. Sending good thoughts & virtual hugs!
            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Hope today was better.
              Female 55

Comment

• thanks yes, getting better.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Little by little!
                  Female 55

Comment

• Thinking of you. A little better, every day!

Or, you know, a LOT!

Comment

• Do you find the post op pain is different than the pre op pain? FIL didn't take meds much past the first day b/c he said after dealing with the pre op pain for so long, the post op pain was kind of easy - not really "easy" but different - like it was a different kind of pain and didn't seem to bother him as much as the pre op.

Anyway. I hope you're feeling better today.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• So sorry to hear about the parts of the damage that can't be repaired. That sucks. Your past pain was certainly validated! Did they say how much mobility you should regain? Sending prayers your way. Easy does it, and treat yourself with lots of love and kindness.
                        This is my journal page!
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                          Do you find the post op pain is different than the pre op pain? FIL didn't take meds much past the first day b/c he said after dealing with the pre op pain for so long, the post op pain was kind of easy - not really "easy" but different - like it was a different kind of pain and didn't seem to bother him as much as the pre op.

Anyway. I hope you're feeling better today.
                          I'm finding the pain to be similar in most ways. but not exact. once the nerve block wore off the pain was intense! so that part was definitely different. I am reducing my pain meds according to level of pain I have now instead of trying to stay ahead of it. 800 mg ibuprofen handles the daytime pain well but the night pain needs 1-2 Vicodin a couple times per night.

today is my first full day home alone. hubby has bible study tonight and I don't want to ask him to miss it.

I will take my first solo shower today as well.

tomorrow starts PT. I know they are going to hurt me!!!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy717 View Post
                            So sorry to hear about the parts of the damage that can't be repaired. That sucks. Your past pain was certainly validated! Did they say how much mobility you should regain? Sending prayers your way. Easy does it, and treat yourself with lots of love and kindness.
                            he said I should regain 100% if I closely follow orders and don't push the process. the remaining leg of the bicep will take over the full job.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Ouch! Poor thing!
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• *Nervous cringe* I can't even imagine PT after surgery! But, I suppose if they wait too long things will stiffen up and make recovery harder. Best of luck to you, lady. I know you'll get through.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X