No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I will post pics when I get my new hair-do.

Day 23 SCD. Doing great - but I will say I've had entirely too much vodka. So far alcohol is the only thing that enables me to sleep through the shoulder pain. A friend had a bunion removed last month and she had a full Rx of Vicodin that she didn't use. She gave it to me........ I know - that's illegal and everything. I've been taking 2 - but it does nothing. Doesn't even give me a buzz. So - if I'm going to sleep - I need something - vodka puts me out and doesn't bother my gut. It also doesn't make me bloat.

Anyway - aside from the vodka I've been 23 days without eating anything illegal. meat and veggies is all I've had. Well, and eggs.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Good luck with the preop visit tomorrow. As Pedidoc mentioned, make sure you tell the doc about all your supplements so you can be sure to minimize any potential interactions/contraindications.

As for the self medicating, I get that. I'd also be sure to mention to the doc about your experiences with narcotic pain meds, as for how they work for you (or not) so they have a clear picture of what may be best for you post op.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thanks, Greensprout!

Yes, narcotic meds do little. I'm guessing maybe morphine??? I don't know. I've never had morphine.

Tonight -- several vodka's to kill the pain after doing the mail/deposits at work and at home for the boat shop. Holy shit --- lots of pain! Hubby rubbed me down with Pain Buster II mixed with Ben Gay............... plus 2 Vicodin. Not much help. I had to ad the liquid stuff to get a good pain stopper. I'm so done with this pain!!!!! I have never experienced this kind of pain in my life.

I hope I can function tomorrow. I'm expected to be at work in the AM............ then to the pre-op at 1:45. I don't know.

I'm going to bed -- but I'm still hurting. This pain is more than I can take. My arm is hurting down to the fingertips. I want to cut off my arm and be done with it.

This sounds weird --- but I'm thankful I have found that I can drink vodka and it doesn't effect my gut in a negative way.

As for the gut............. no pain for 4 days. But also, do BM in four days. That's not good also.

Ugh................
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• good morning. Up early. Ready for work. The office is going to have to smell my Pain Buster today cuz without ibuprofen I gotta have something to dull the pain. I'm really surprised at how much the ibuprofen was doing. Now, on nothing at all, the pain is pretty dang bad!!!

Day 24 SCD. Gut is doing good! Still no BM, but I'm eating very little also. 3 eggs, about 3/4 cup pureed squash and a bowl of chicken soup yesterday. That's pretty much what I'm eating on a daily basis. Maybe a burger patty or a small steak or a chicken breast instead of the soup. But overall I'm eating only 3 eggs and a small dinner.

Weight is still 182. I think I need to eat more. Or it could be the vodka keeping my weight steady -- I don't know. I'm fine with it right now. But I do need to take off enough weight to get into my size 12 jeans cuz I've just retired one pair of size 14s. They were getting pretty thread bare. So - I'm down to one pair of jeans now. Course - in a week I will be wearing my new pull on pants for 6 weeks. Maybe I will be able to get into my smaller jeans after that. Sure hope so.

I have the pre-op this afternoon.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I hope all goes well with the pre-op appointment! Blessings for it all.
            This is my journal page!
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Comment

• holy cow............ my appointment was for 1:45. I was told at 2:15 that it would be 45 minutes to an hour........ so they sent me for the blood work and chest xray. When I got back from those 2 things it was 3:15. They roomed me right away then I sat there for another 1/2 hour! At 3:45 I finally saw the doctor --- then I had to be fitted for the sling. I was finally driving home at 4:30. Now I'm stuffing some soup in my mouth and going to get my hair cut and permed. And on top of it all my gut went nuts as soon as I got there! I think I went to the toilet 8 times! Luckily there wasn't the normal PAIN......... just urgency! And since my bowels haven't moved in 4 days........ there was lots of moving going on!!!! I purposely didn't eat anything today so my gut would behave itself. I guess the nerves must have got to me.

Damn....... is this every going to end???

All in all it was a really miserable day.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Glad you got some soup before you are off for hair.
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Sorry for the rough go Tomi. I predict that tomorrow you will wake up with a beautiful new hairdo and a weightloss whoosh.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well -- hair is all gone. Not so sure how I'm going to like it. BIL said perming was not a good idea and that we could work with my natural curls.......... so that's what we did. Its short! And I will have to put in a jell and work into the curliness that I want. I'm a little scared.

Weight today 182.2. Same. But this morning hubby told me I'm losing weight - so don't know what to think about the number on the scale. I guess its just a number.

I don't know what to make of the horrendous bowel issues yesterday. I really think it was just nerves that got things going. I think I'm more nervous about this surgery/recovery than I want to admit. I'm not used to asking for help or being incapacitated in any way. Doc gave me the pep talk about post surgery expectations and knowing my limits. He says I will be able to type and write as long as I don't move my elbow away from my body. I'm starting to freak out - and that's not good for the gut issues. Doc says I can take Imodium the day of the surgery. Hopefully that will be enough to get me through that day.

My last surgery was the gall bladder removal........... that was prior to the onset of the chronic diarrhea. I don't think it was the cause - but maybe contributory. Now every event is wrapped in fear that my gut will cause problems and I might embarrass myself. I have this horrible fear of not being able to make it to the bathroom in time. I hate my body!!!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Picture???
                      Female 55

Comment

• okay............ its not what I wanted - but it'll work.

new do.jpg

Its pretty easy to take care of. Wash, towel dry, add jell, squinch and go!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I just foofed it up a bit more. its better now. a bit fluffier.

my tummy hurts. I've already had 3 loose BMs today and its not yet noon. Going to be a rough few days until things calm down again.

Day 25 SCD. Vodka is now being removed from the already small list of approved foods. We ate out last night after I got my hair cut and I ordered breakfast food. I had 2 eggs 2 bacon hash browns and sourdough. I ate the eggs and bacon, 3 small bites of the hash browns and one piece of sourdough. So technically I can no longer say I've been 100% on the food part. But - I was famished. In 28 hours I had eaten only a couple mouthfuls of chicken soup. So - it is what it is. My goal of having my gut under control by surgery day isn't happening as planned. This is worrying me. I know I need to give this more time to really work. A minimum of 3 months. I can do that. I have to think in terms of slow healing. SLOW HEALING!!! This isn't a magic bullet. My gut has been severely messed up for 7 years now - I can't expect a diet change to make everything work right in a matter of weeks.

One thing I did change over the weekend - I upped the PA to 4 per day. That could have caused part of the problem. Maybe too much of a good thing. Will drop that back down to the recommend 1-2. I upped it based on a couple articles referring to really tough cases - but it could be those where constipation cases. It never really specified.

Sleep last night was tough -- awake every hour. Hot then cold!!!

I'm sorry my journal is so Eeyore-ish lately!!! Just seems like nothing is going right! the first time on the SCD things were going better than this time. I've had many more bad days and there seems to be no connection to anything, except nerves.

My goal of starting this Primal way of eating was to control my fibro. Goal accomplished. My second goal was to fix my gut. Third goal - lose weight. So far 2 & 3 are eluding me. I initially lost 14 pounds when I started eating this way. 2 years have passed and I'm still at that same weight. I've tried various tweaks - no changes. If I eat more than 1500 cal I steadily gain. But I can't seem to find my sweet spot of calorie reduction for weight loss - but not so much that it causes starvation mode. People tell me not to track - just eat to satisfaction - so I do that and nothing changes. I'm so frustrated!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think the hair do is cute. It will grow on you.
                            Female 55

Comment

• Love it! And looks like it will be easy while you're recovering

Comment

• That's not a good pic of me or the hair - but there it is. I've got to learn how to do it so it isn't no flat and boring. I'm okay with it - but I strongly doubt I'll keep it this way - depends on how my face changes as I start to lose weight.

Day 26 SCD -- yesterday was better, but still had pain and a few loose BMs in the morning. Today - I'm up early cuz there is an 8 am staff meeting. I'm in pain (shoulder) and don't want to be up and about this early. Hurting down into the my fingers already. I'm having a cry baby day.

Weight still 182.

Food yesterday - small bowl of chicken soup, hamburger patty and green beans. Not much, but that's all I wanted. I looked through the recipe section of the Breaking the Vicious Cycle book to find some "goodies" that I can bake - I'm craving a treat! Maybe this weekend.

Going to get a bunch legs and thighs today so I can start cooking up lots of chicken soup. Hubby says he'll take care of everything else until I'm able to do it again.

I'm still feeling down and I'm pretty sure its due to the lack of vitamin D. I'm thinking of asking doc for a prescription for injectable. I think you can do that yourself............ Pedidoc??? I don't have a problem giving myself injections.

I should try to eat something - but that sorta scares me. I might just take some pureed squash and warm it up at the office. I still have a little soup left I think. That would be better than eating here and then getting sick and not making the meeting.

anyway ............. off I go. Have a good day all.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X