Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay!

Comment

• Good news! May they call again with an earlier date..... And by coincidence the same day I put in my calendar hoping to hear on job.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Very good news!!!

I hope all goes well and you have a full and speedy recovery. Contact me (you have my info, right?) if I can be of assistance.

On another note, I can't help but think that all the advil and tylenol you've been taking, for your pain, plays a role in your gut issues. I hope that once the shoulder is repaired, and healing takes place, you wont need to take those meds. And, that less advil/tylenol helps improve your gut issues.

Comment

• Agree 1000% with marcadav about the antiinflammatories. Not good for the gut at all.

Very happy for you about the quick surgery date. Despite your thoughts about how slow the process is, it seems that in the US (I assume for those that have health insurance), things move light years ahead of here in Canada, where we all have universal healthcare. Many have additional insurance coverage, but that's only for the extras, like meds, physio, ambulance rides, optical, etc. Here, you'd likely wait 6 months for MRI (maybe 4 weeks for ultrasound), months for surgeon consult, then many more months to get scheduled for surgery. "Free", but far too long.

You might want to think about cooking some make ahead foods and freezing them for the post op period.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
            Good news! May they call again with an earlier date..... And by coincidence the same day I put in my calendar hoping to hear on job.
            Maybe it'll be a lucky for us both!

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
            Very good news!!!

I hope all goes well and you have a full and speedy recovery. Contact me (you have my info, right?) if I can be of assistance.

On another note, I can't help but think that all the advil and tylenol you've been taking, for your pain, plays a role in your gut issues. I hope that once the shoulder is repaired, and healing takes place, you wont need to take those meds. And, that less advil/tylenol helps improve your gut issues.
            Thanks, Marcadav - yes I still have your info.

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
            Agree 1000% with marcadav about the antiinflammatories. Not good for the gut at all.

Very happy for you about the quick surgery date. Despite your thoughts about how slow the process is, it seems that in the US (I assume for those that have health insurance), things move light years ahead of here in Canada, where we all have universal healthcare. Many have additional insurance coverage, but that's only for the extras, like meds, physio, ambulance rides, optical, etc. Here, you'd likely wait 6 months for MRI (maybe 4 weeks for ultrasound), months for surgeon consult, then many more months to get scheduled for surgery. "Free", but far too long.

You might want to think about cooking some make ahead foods and freezing them for the post op period.
            I agree on the NSAIDS and Tylenol. I've been tapering off and after getting sick today I've decided I'm ONLY taking the Prescript Assist from now on. Well, and my Knock Out night time pills. I've stopped taking ALL my supplements too. Except for today I took the D and B complex --- and promptly got very sick!

I will talk to hubby about cooking ahead. Maybe precooking several whole chickens, a bunch of soup - stuff like that.

Just want to say thanks for all the support I get from my MDA family. You guys are the only ones who get all the TMI details about my gut issues.......... and the pain reports of my shoulder. Thanks for being my ROCK and for all the good advice and direction.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
              Agree 1000% with marcadav about the antiinflammatories. Not good for the gut at all.

We aren't too far behind you on the health care stuff. Obama is trying really hard to push us toward socialized medicine. For the most part we don't want it! Except for those who can't afford it - they want it. And they need assistance -- but not in the way of full blown government controlled health care. If Clinton should happen to get the next presidency (God help the USA) then she'll shove socialized medicine through any way she possibly can. I really don't like politicians!!!!! I especially don't like the one sitting in office right now.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• In regards to the supplements and gut issues. Have you read the label to see if soy might be one of the ingredients?
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Hope you're feeling better today!
                  K

Comment

• Glad the surgery got moved up. Great news. Hopefully they'll call you again with an earlier date.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Tomi, so happy that the surgery is scheduled.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                        In regards to the supplements and gut issues. Have you read the label to see if soy might be one of the ingredients?
                        Yes -- I bought Vitamin D that says "Medium Chain Fatty Acids" cuz my OLD Vit D did have soybean oil as the base. The B complex does not have anything that should give me a gut ache.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• My pre-op is scheduled for the 11th so I doubt I will get a sooner surgery date. that's fine cuz I have some things I need to take care of before I'm one armed for 6 weeks. I'm happy with the 18th

Feeling better today. I didn't eat anything this morning - nothing but water with my thyroid pills
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• 181.3 today. Down 9 pounds since starting SCD 20 days ago. Loving it! I'm seeing changes in my gut - but they are slow. Less pain even when I have pain - and not so much diarrhea. I'm on the right path.

Shoulder........... lots of pain there. I took a Percocet and had several drinks last night. Slept like a baby Me and pain meds don't have such a great relationship --- they do very little. I can take a Vicodin or Percocet or Percodan and barely get a little head buzz from it and it rarely touches the pain. I'm going to need something much stronger after the surgery for a few days. I can't do codeine - makes me vomit. Not sure what else there is for pain. Demerol?

Its mom day............ on my out. Gotta get super stocked up this week. Sister will fill in for me for the next month. If we can stock up moms shelves with canned goods then sister will only need to get her fresh stuff.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Wow, Tomi, you're doing great!!!!

Comment

• Thanks, kmarie! I'm back down to a good place - and ready to jump down into the 170s. I need to take off about 5-10 pounds so I can fit into the jeans hanging in my closet. I have 2 brand new pair and 2 older pair from a couple years ago. I feel confident I will be in them by the end of April. Size 12!!! My ultimate goal is a size 8.

I'm going shopping this weekend for clothes that I can easily get on and off after the surgery. I decided to buy some scrubs, just the bottoms. Since I work in a doctors office they will be appropriate attire. And they have elastic waistbands. The hair is still going to be troublesome. I've been practicing using my left hand only for a couple weeks now and I'm getting good at brushing my teeth and even putting on mascara --- but one handed hair doing seems impossible. I haven't don't too much left handed cooking though. Flipping a fried egg is going to be a challenge........... I think scrambled eggs will have to do for the next couple of months.

Got my computer all set up to work at home while I'm recovering and not ready to drive yet. That's a huge load off my shoulders - knowing that my workload will not fall to someone else in my absence.

My son has his house listed on a for sale by owner website. He wants me to come up tomorrow and point him to areas that need to be cleaned. The house is in bad shape.............. The carpets need to be replaced and the entire house needs a paint job. I so wish he had done things differently. But - its his life.

Off to take Zeus to the groomers!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X