Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
    I'm still hoping it's a calcium deposit. That would mean no PT needed, just an ultrasound guided needle aspiration. And, if it helps, everything you describe in the next post fits a lot of the symptoms I experienced.
    Lets hope its that simple! Pain is pretty severe today - but - I lugged around groceries for mom --- in the cart onto the checkout - back into the cart - into the car - out of the car and lugged into her house! Then home and more housework/cooking stuff. I have a double layer of Pain Buster 2 on it right now. Still doesn't feel very good. If I wasn't on the SCD I'd be calling hubby to stop at the "special store" on the way home. But - my gut takes precedence over shoulder pain right relief right now.

What a day! Grocery shopping and banking with mom....... visited a bit - then right straight to Connie's for another 3 hours. I helped her see where all her bank accounts are at - and talked with her about some other stuff that would be good to change - but she's VERY set in her ways and just can't see doing things differently. Her kids have ideas of how things should be done and are sorta relying on me to help guide Connie into making these changes. But - Connie needs to maintain some control over her affairs - and I'm not going to push. I will present the idea and continue to drop into the conversation as time goes by, but she has to final say on how things are managed.

Mom's life is so extremely simple in comparison. My mother lives off a meager SS check - and when I say meager I mean, less than $10K a year. She has subsidized housing and lives very frugally. She keeps her apartment impeccably clean and tidy and knows where everything is if she needs it. Connie and her husband bring in more a month than my mother brings in all year. Military retirement, PERS, SS and investments. They are doing quite well. They moved into a retirement community last spring and they will live out their lives there. They have a beautiful house/duplex and are contracted to move through the stages of care as needed. I hope hubby and I can afford such a place when we need it. But that's not likely.

My gut has been in tip top shape today!!!! I've taken both PAs and had no pain or discomfort with either one. I've only eaten a small burger patty and a bowl of squash. Dinner is salmon and carrots. I'm cooking more squash for the next 2 days, then on to spinach.

I'm feeling very encouraged by the progress I'm seeing! Only 13 days in and I've had 3 days of no pain or diarrhea.

Weight - 184.2. Would love to see that drop again. My weight issue is becoming a matter of a clothing issue............ I have 2 pairs of jeans that I've been wearing for WAY TO LONG!!! They are wearing OUT! I have 4 pairs of jeans - brand new - hanging in my closet in the next lower size. It is a matter of buy 2 more jeans in the same size - or lose weight so I can fit into the ones hanging in my closet.

Gotta run............
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Well - I had an appointment this morning for an ultra sound on my shoulder - but my gut decided to act up and I had to reschedule. So, now its Friday at 1:30.

Food yesterday wasn't stellar. I started out right - but the food was amazing and I ended up having things I wish I hadn't. Not terribly off the primal path -- but definitely not SCD protocol. Bacon wrapped shrimp, little cocktail weinies, a couple BBQ wings, a few small crab cakes and a couple cookies. I'm paying for it today. Oh, I also had rum/diet coke.

But --- the good thing is - I can always get back on the SCD and I will be doing fine again.

Seahawks kicked some Bronco butt yesterday! What an amazing game!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've decided to step out of the bible study. It was a hard decision - but one I felt I had to make. The frustration of the constant disruption of thought and conversation has made it impossible for me to continue.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Oh my goodness................. I feel so terrible today! my gut is a mess. Not just diarrhea - but I feel sick to my stomach also. I'm eating chicken soup and hoping it calms down soon cuz I need to go to work. UGH!
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sorry you had to postpone the appt.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• At work - waiting for the doc to get back from lunch cuz I'm scheduled to help him with his re-certification exam and stuff he has to do to qualify for the exam.

Feeling like do do!!!
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I worked 7 hours yesterday with only 2 potty breaks. UGH! Was tired when I got home last night. But - we got all the chart reviews done for the doc's re-cert process. On to Phase 2!

I felt really shitty yesterday! Gut was a mess until nearly 2 pm. And I was freezing cold at work and shivered all day. Hope today is better. So far the gut is feeling fine. I'm feeling some inflammation from the day of eating and drinking what I shouldn't. There is always a price to pay. I'm sure the scales are UP and I'm not even going to look for maybe a week. My clothes all fit fine - but I noticed my face looked very puffy yesterday.

Back on SCD.

All the Superbowl Party prep is over for another year. The food was wonderful We love to put on a good spread for our guests. We've had the same group here for 12 years -- well, less 2 years that we were on vacation during Superbowl.

We spent our very first weekend together --- 14 years ago today. I was living in Boise - Hubby was here. We'd been talking on the phone for about 3 months - LONG phone calls nightly!! But we hadn't really seen each other in newly 18 years. A couple little chance meetings that were not more than a few passing words. It was so good to have him in my life again - I'd missed him terribly for 18 years!!! I flew to Oregon - he picked me up at the airport -- and we spent the weekend at a cute little A frame beach house. It was totally a secret -- not a soul knew about our little weekend of finding each other again! What an amazing weekend that was! Emotions were INTENSE!!! and I still remember the first kiss --- made my toes curl! Slipping into his arms was like finding my way home. I love that man in a way I don't even understand. So --- Happy Anniversary to us!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• That is so sweet tomi!! Brought tears to my eyes! I love my man the same way...can't explain it...he is the air that I breathe! lol. We'll be married 40 years this July!!

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                    That is so sweet tomi!! Brought tears to my eyes! I love my man the same way...can't explain it...he is the air that I breathe! lol. We'll be married 40 years this July!!

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!
                    wow - congratulations! When you find your soul mate - there's just no comparison! Hubby tells me that I am his "Eve" - that God created me specifically for him. I think he's right
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm seeing the first snow flakes of 2014 falling on my patio.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Bible study update:

Once I announced my need to step out --- seems the texting and emailing started. Turns out the girl causing all the issues didn't want to be here anyway and was totally okay with just folding up the entire thing. So - after the rest of us talked we decided to keep meeting and that girl won't be included. Problem solved!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Happy Anniversary, Tomi and the Mr.

Glad it all worked out with the bible study.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks, Jenn I'm glad also! I really enjoy the time with this group of women - and its good to be in Bible study again.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have a "dinner" tonight at a friends house. Its some kind of cooking demonstration - to sell the cookware. I don't know what's on the menu - so I've eaten some squash and baked tuna in anticipation of this not being an SCD approved meal.

My last batch of kombucha is so carbonated that when I unscrewed the lid it foamed up and erupted all over the counter! Its grape - and I do like it - but I'm making the next round apple cinnamon cuz that one was extra yummy! A couple TBs of pure apple juice - and a small chunk of a cinnamon stick. I'm on the continuous brew method now so I should have enough to drink a bottle daily! That makes me happy.

Short day at work. I got a whole 2 hours! woo hoo!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• DAY 18 SCD -

NOTE: I've not been 100% I really wanted to get through the entire 90 days --- but life happens.

Things are good with my tummy - except for the day after the superbowl party and the unfriendly foods that I ate. I think it was more the rum than anything. Makes a much stronger case for not partaking anymore. I'm sure I will once in a while - but I will need to keep it to one lightly mixed drink.

I bottled up by first batch of continuous brew kombucha this morning and the refill batch of tea is cooling. I got 14 bottles! I used pure apple juice and a little cinnamon in these bottles! My fizzy grape is really good - and I'm so excited about the carbonation!

I'm still taking 2 Prescript Assist daily and no longer getting the gut cramping after taking it. I see that as progress. There must be a balancing of bacteria happening if I'm no longer feeling a "fight" going on in there.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X