Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All good input

I err on the side of caution -- so I'm looking for what is WRONG with this picture. In all honesty I don't trust my son's instincts. He says he's been watching for signs that this could be a scam - but he isn't seeing any. He says he can't believe its really happening - so I know there is a sense of wonder and excitement for him that may be overshadowing his good common sense. Bottom line -- he's nearly 28 years old - and must learn by his own mistakes. But if I can help him side step some really big ones I'm most certainly going to try.

And from a mothers point of view - my son getting a girl pg has never been an issue until now............ I know he's not stupid, but I'm still going to worry.

I must sound like an idiot to those of you with grown children who are navigating their lives quite nicely without mom's input -- but my son isn't you're typical 27 year old. He has absolutely NO experience with women. Never even been on a date - or a group date for that matter. His only exposure to women has been either in school or in the workplace. I know its got to happen at some point ............ but I'd be more comfortable with baby steps! Not ............... some woman I've never met is driving out from Kansas to spend the weekend with me!!!! Holy Shit Batman! Its going to be a nervous Nellie week ahead!!!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• If he was going to buy a plane ticket, maybe he should consider paying for a hotel or B&B for her to stay in. I want to be proven wrong, but what female stays with a man she doesn't know for weekend? Yes I'm looking at the negative side - married to a police officer after all!
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• On the gut front ---- no troubles this morning. Nothing after the first PA pill and nothing after the eggs. Fingers crossed for happy days ahead.

I am feeling a bit bloated though - typical to anytime I eat anything. Belly feels FAT.

Leaving in a few minutes to see the doc about my shoulder. I will get orders for images - going to pass on the cortisone shot. Pain last night wasn't too bad, but kept me from sleeping soundly all night. Its difficult to find a position that doesn't hurt - so if I wake up and role over I'm usually moaning in my half awake state as my shoulder is paining. I have been working on ROM and my bicep is feeling less pinched and sensitive. There was an awful lot of "crunching" sounds as I pushed through the pain to get the shoulder to move all about. I have noticed as I stand in front of the mirror that when I raise my arms in front of me and upward that my right shoulder muscle isn't doing the work. Its the muscle that comes down from the side of my neck that is flexing. My left side stays flat while the shoulder muscle is doing the raising. And once I reach the straight out point it is extremely difficult to raise my arm above that point. It will go - but with great effort and pain. Not at all sure what that indicates except that things aren't working as they should.

I have to work after I go to the doc - its mail/deposit day, and there will likely be a few new patient charts to work on. My doctors office is only 4 blocks from my job.

Made arrangements to go to Connie's on Friday after I do my mom stuff in the morning. I'm going to be exhausted after spending the entire day with these ladies. Unfortunately my heart isn't in either one........... I love them both - but I don't feel I'm doing an adequate job at either.

We're having a bit of a wind storm today! My yard is littered with branches and debris -- I must get my shoulder fixed before spring yard work begins!!!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi,
          I was gradually getting sick & tired to the point where I felt toxic all over! I had strange issues, like itchy arms, the most annoying, obnoxious ringing ears, headaches, stomach aches, terrible muscle & joint soreness, increasing food sensitivities, increasing MCS, weight gain, bloating, swelling, constant sweating, slow healing, trouble sleeping, symptoms of what I now find are similar to IBS-C type and more.
          6m ago I started to follow The Body Ecology Diet (just the general food & principles-only eat til 80 % full, food combining
          & 80% non starchy veggies) and added cultured veggies & kefir. The change in diet (plus ditching caffeine) seemed to help me feel 80% better, went back down a few clothing sizes and pretty much all issues gone except the GI/C/food intolerance. In researching more, I naturally was drawn to primal type lifestyle which seemed to help me improve to 90% but I'm still having GI issues (MUCH improved but still there).
          Anyway, knowing what feeling good feels like again makes me want it 100% so I'm really wanting to figure ME out, to heal my gut and to be happy & healthy again!
          So, that's why I'm trying the AIP/FODMAP elimination.
          Day 22 on W30. I have had a few issues (4-5 times instead of almost daily) mostly in the first week when I was trying avocado & nuts, which is why the FODMAP elimination.
          Anyway, I understand how frustrating it is trying to figure out what works and just being desperate to feel better!
          Anyway, that's the short version of what brought me to this point doing the W30 AIP.
          K

Comment

• Ps....glad today is a good day! Yay!

Comment

• KMarie -- wow - sounds like you've been through some tough stuff!!! I'm glad to hear cleaning up your diet has made such a huge difference for you. Forge on!
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay - Day 11 SCD continued.......

Its been a fairly good day (aside from the shoulder pain). I've had very little stomach pain, just a bit after taking the PA this morning, but felt more like a deep pressure than a real pain. Very small uneventful BM early this morning.

Just took second dose of PA --- and I'm eating a rather large helping of chicken soup. I will cook the butternut squash and eat that later. I need hubby to cut it in half for me.

Shoulder:

Doctor ordered an ultra sound - Monday morning 9:30 Then, physical therapy if nothing is damaged to point of needing surgery. Maybe I will start to feel better soon!!!! Fingers crossed!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yesterday was a good day in digestion land for me

DAY 12 SCD -

Weight - 184.8 up again. What's up with that? Food has been consistent day to day ---

eggs
                  juice
                  chicken soup
                  ground beef patty
                  squash

calories 1260

Weight can be so dang frustrating! Oh well - what am I gonna do - I have to stay the course. Maybe cutting the juice could help a little but I was drinking it from the start of this and was dropping nicely. It could be salt - I've been adding a bit more salt to my food for the flavor. I'll bet that's it. I'll back off on the salt and drink more water - maybe I'll see it come down again.

I'm going give myself a nice pat on the back because I've stayed 100% compliant to the SCD for 12 days!!! I never made it that far on whole30 or anything else I've tried before. I guess the motivation to heal my gut is strong enough to keep me in line. I have no desire for rum, chocolate or anything else that makes my stomach hurt. I will say I'm really scared about getting through the veggie trials and needing to start on the fruit. Maybe I just won't bother. Fruit isn't a necessity of life. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now - veggies are my focus.

I feel very boring these days -- my journal is all about the SCD.

News on my son and the mystery woman from Kansas............ He says right now he's expecting to get a call on Feb 6th (she's due here on the 7th) saying her car broke down in the middle of no where and she doesn't have the money to fix it. At least he's realizing she might be scamming him and is in high alert mode. I told him if that happens that he is to say - "man, I'm sure sorry about that, hope you can get it worked out - bye!" I know he's a bit of a "care taker" - I mean, he's had a year of free loaders living off of him --- but I think he's beginning to see that people aren't always very good and he needs to watch his back.

I'm not quite so concerned now -- just knowing he's thinking she might be messing with him is enough for now. I hope she tells him she's not coming and the whole thing blows over.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• You are doing so good tomi! I sure hope you find the issue with the gut! I wouldn't worry too much about being up a bit...we are women...our bodies ebb & flow just like the tides with the moon! Keep up the good work!!
                    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• so true ---- but I'd sure like to see more flowing and less ebbing!!!!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• lol I'm with you there!!
                        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Re: son - it could be a scam... it could also be a legit thing. I agree that having a voice conversation is important. Have they done that yet?

Re: scale weight. Read this. 5 Reasons to Break Up With Your Scale | The Whole30 Program

No, seriously. Read it. I didn't give up my scale after reading it, but it helped me to realize what I was seeing and what I can do to improve it.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            Re: son - it could be a scam... it could also be a legit thing. I agree that having a voice conversation is important. Have they done that yet?

Re: scale weight. Read this. 5 Reasons to Break Up With Your Scale | The Whole30 Program

No, seriously. Read it. I didn't give up my scale after reading it, but it helped me to realize what I was seeing and what I can do to improve it.
                            Thanks, Jenn - I read it And it made me realize that the issues with my shoulder could have something to do with my weight no wanting to drop. My shoulder is a mess -- getting an ultra sound on Monday and then I'll start PT. The pain at night is messing with my sleep - which we all know has a LOT to do with the ability to lose weight!!!!! I'm not going to fret about it much - I mean it sorta bugs me but it isn't messing with my head or anything. My main focus right now is getting my gut fixed and getting my shoulder back to a healthy state. The weight - although I mention it and keep an eye on it - is really no big deal at the moment. I can't fix everything all at once!!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm eating a ground beef patty and a bowl of pureed butternut squash with cinnamon and cloves. yummy! Who needs ketchup when you can dip your burger in pureed squash?? I started another batch of chicken soup. I won't let this one cook overnight - the last batch was overcooked. I put it all the crockpot on HIGH at 4 pm - and I will take it out at 10 pm when I go to bed. 6 hours should be just about right. I ran out of celery so I used celery salt, added some granulated garlic and S&P.

My shoulder pain is pretty bad today. I took meds when I got home at 4 pm. The pain is now traveling down my arm and throbbing all the way into the top of hand. Something isn't right in there. I'll be glad to get those images on Monday and find out exactly what is happening. The bicep pain isn't as intense since I forced the shoulder to make some serious rotations. My range of motion is better, but still painful. Hubby says we need to fix this thing cuz Kayak season is coming!!!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• With the slow cooker, I usually do on low for ~8 hrs. Sometimes overnight, sometimes while I'm at work (so could be 9 or 10 by the end). You can usually halve that time if you put it on high, but I'm sure every slow cooker is different.

I'm so glad you're getting PT for your shoulder. It's mostly going to be them telling you what to do at home, but I'm sure it will help! It can be a slow and sometimes painful process, but hopefully it is worth it in the end and there's nothing too serious going on.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X