No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking of you though I wrote it for Jenn because I was thinking about the cost.

The Dr DG Animal Pharm site recommended switching up the dose/frequency, I think. Or maybe it was TaterTot who mentioned it (but he writes on that site too).

Animal Pharm
    Depression Lies

Comment

• NOT a good day for me. Ate eggs - got diarrhea. I'm considering calling sick today. See how I feel after I shower.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• NW, In the new RS thread Tatertot said don't follow the package, maybe take 1 SBO Everyday for a week and then maybe 1-2 per week after that.
        Interesting and makes them last longer.

Tomi, sorry you're not having a good day today
        Are you still feeling better overall?
        I'm currently doing W30 AIP so no eggs. I love eggs and want to add then back but not too soon because of how much better I'm feeling and doing without them. Of course, it could be the other fav foods in not having, like kefir , butter or chocolate.... Hard to tell at this point. Eliminated FODMAPS too so choices are pretty limited.
        Anyway, I know how frustrating this experimenting and trying to find what works is!
        K

Comment

• Thanks, KMarie -- it is extremely frustrating!!! Can you remind me why your doing the AIP? My memory is pretty awful.

I'm nine days in - 100% compliant. I was hoping to be free of the diarrhea by now. I assumed if there was any die-off it would only be in the first 4-5 days. If this is still die-off then I must be filled to the brim with SIBO!!!! I have to say I've had more good days than bad though - so I will count that as progress. In the past 9 days I have had only 3 really bad days. Prior to the SCD I would have had 7-9 bad days!! Today I just had a double whammy with my shoulder pain and the digestive issues.

I have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow afternoon for the shoulder, but they warned me it could possibly be cancelled and will call I the morning if it is. Then I will have to wait until Feb 10th for the next opening. Ugh!!! Hubby says get it checked out no matter what it costs!! So, I made the appointment. I will ask for an ultrasound over an x-ray. Insurance will only pay 1/2. We have crappy insurance (self employed). So this will cost maybe $150ish. She'll offer to give me another cortisone shot, but for $130 and only 4 days relief of pain I'm going to pass.

I ended up a big ball of tears so called in "sick" today. I told my boss I needed a "mental illness" day. I can be totally honest with him - he knows exactly what's going on with my gut and shoulder. His response is always kind and forgiving I'm caught up on my work so shouldn't cause any issues with being absent today. I will go the to office after my doctor appointment tomorrow and take care of mail/deposit and anything pressing.

Hubby and I are supposed to go to the Sushi place tonight and order the trays for Super Bowl. Saturday will be very busy - we both have eye appointments and Zeus needs to go to the groomer and we need to go shopping and prepare several of the other dishes for Sunday.

menu:
          Hot items

Teriyaki Wings
          Honey BBQ Wings
          Bacon wrapped shrimp
          Bacon wrapped mini sausages
          Bacon wrapped jalapeņos
          Crab/Lobster cakes
          Samosas

Cold items

Sushi Platter
          Smoked Salmon dip and a crackers
          * Tuna and Avocado lettuce wraps
          * Crab Salad on Spinach Leaves
          * Spicy Salmon Cucumber Bites
          Deviled Eggs
          7 Layer Dip
          Shrimp/cream cheese/salsa dip

Drinks

Water
          Blue Moon
          Root Beer
          Iced Tea
          Adult beverages

Dessert

Cookies
          Cake Balls?

I've asked guests to bring the desserts. Most of it is primal/paleo-ish (store bought mayo) ---- but none of it SCD compliant. So I have a strategy in place. I will eat before everyone comes and nibble on the bacon wrapped shrimp and drink kombucha and water. Its not about the food - its about the company and the game. Then I will eat when everyone leaves in the evening. I can get by on a burger patty and squash prior to company coming - and a chicken breast after they leave. I'm not at all worried about faltering.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I just realized ---- when I ate the eggs - I also took 10000 units of Vitamin D. Its MCT, not soy oil. But - could that be a trigger for my diarrhea issues? Its not eggs - I've eaten way too many eggs with NO troubles to be pointing the finger at the eggs.

Okay.......... no more vitamin D until I figure this thing out.

EDIT: Looking back over my logs - there is a direct correlation between taking vitamin D and having pain and diarrhea. Odd. Could be a coincidence. The University of Maryland Medical Center website says diarrhea can be a side effect of high doses. HUMMMM............. stopping the vitamin D.

Perhaps fixing the gut will eliminate the Vit D Deficiency that I've had for 20 years? Okay - back to ZERO supplements while on the SCD.
            Last edited by tomi; 01-28-2014, 06:12 PM.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I read something about Vit D and diarrhea the other day too. I was going to ask if you were still supplementing it . If you can get your Vit D levels checked, that'd probably be a good idea, but I'm sure there's no harm in discontinuing those for a little while.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• I will see the doctor in April to get all my levels checked again. I've been deficient in Vit D and B for many many years - It took a dose of 8000 units a day of D to get into the optimal range. And I take a high dose of B Complex. The Thiamin is like 1650% of recommended dose. Last year she told me to keep doing what I was doing cuz my blood work looked great! IF all goes right with the SCD I will be finishing my first 90 days in April. My HOPE is by healing my gut my body will be able to absorb the vitamins and I will not need to supplement further. I'm not going to take any more supplements until then. For now I take a nighttime Black Cohosh (herbal) and when they are gone I'm not buying more. I also take the Knock Out for sleep (herbal). Ibuprofen and Tylenol only as absolutely needed for shoulder pain. I've managed to cut it down to twice a day at most.

Seeing the doc at 1:15 today. So far no call saying its cancelled.

Okay -

DAY 11 SCD -

Yesterday was rough - I'm hoping today is better. No supplements! I ate 2 bowls of squash yesterday, hope that wasn't too much fiber. It was WELL pureed! And no tummy ache after eating it.

Its 9:06 am - going to take my PA right now on an empty stomach. If it works as expected I will need to use the bathroom in about 30 minutes.

Today I will cook the butternut squash. Four days of that and I will try Spinach. I can't eat it raw - I'm still supposed to cook and puree it. ICK! Pureed Spinach just sounds nasty. But - I guess I can give it a go. I'm adding butter, salt and garlic though. I suppose I could add it to the chicken soup instead of eating it by itself????

Weight - 183.8 - up .8. whatever............ I didn't drink much water yesterday so I expected to see an increase.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I added my pureed squash to the soup when I got tired of it, you could definitely do that with the spinach.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• thanks! I will do that.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• On a side note...............

my son texted me last night -- he wants to know if we are busy the weekend of Feb. 7th. Apparently he's been talking with a girl from a dating site --- and they've decided to meet, and he wants to know if we're available to meet her should that be a part of the get together. She's driving out from Kansas! He offered to buy her airline tickets, but she said she preferred to drive. I'm fearful that she's scamming him. She's a very pretty girl --- why would she need to be on a dating site??? I mean - not model gorgeous - but she's attractive. Says she's a hair dresser - I think 24 years old. He says he's arranging to meet her at a restaurant and see what happens from there. But plans on her staying at his house. He's taking Friday and Monday off work (he NEVER takes time off work).

I'm white knuckling this one!!!! He's totally innocent when it comes to relationships. At nearly 28 years old - he's never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl that I know of. He's MORE than ready to have a female in his life........ but he is also terrible naīve about EVERYTHING related to social interaction.

My mothering instincts are over the roof on this one!!! What if she's leading him on??? What if he makes all these plans and she doesn't show up??? UGH!!!! She's supposed to be arriving on the 7th - and supposed to be staying until the 10th. She's gonna drive nearly 1800 miles to meet a guy she's been emailing with for a couple of months??? I mean - they haven't actually SPOKEN to each other by phone or Skype - its all been email or text. I have STRONGLY encouraged him to have a real voice conversation with her. I pray he takes my advice!!!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• That feels a little scary to me. Will be praying for him and you next week.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thanks, P. It just doesn't feel right. I can just see him sitting in the restaurant all nervous - and waiting 3 hours for a no-show! Then he'll be broken hearted and embarrassed and pissed off!

See I think if she REALLY wanted to come she'd take him up on the offer for airline tickets. By saying she'll "drive" she isn't in any way obligated to come plus doesn't have the "guilt" of making him buy airline tickets that won't be used.

RED FLAGS are FLYING!!!!!!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I really hope this turns out okay for your son's sake.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Could be that she feels safer and less obligated to him if she has her own car...
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• She may be afraid to fly...alot of folks are. I find it strange that they have not spoken by phone or Skype. Hope it all works out ok.
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X