Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 days is huge! Keep going girl.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, P!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Okay - still day 9

Was great all day. No pain and no bowel issues after eating 4 small eggs this morning.

Fast forward......... drank a glass of grape juice (100% juice, nothing added --- or so says Welches) and took the PA while I was cooking a burger patty and warming a bowl of pureed squash.

About 20 minutes after eating I got about 4 REALLY intense cramps! I had to use the bathroom twice - loose by I wouldn't call it diarrhea. It still hurts just a little - but its more a pressure sensation deep inside my lower intestines.

I'm wondering if my body is so conditioned to having a violent gut response to eating that it is just trying to "re-learn" what to do when food goes down my gullet! ????? I think every time I eat my intestines go into "hyper motility mode". I know they make meds for that very purpose - but I'm not going there. I know I can fix this with diet. I don't have the burning in my gut that is usually associated with the diarrhea issues --- this was just a feeling of intense build up before the explosion. But the explosion was mild compared to the build up.

I don't know........... pressing onward. I'm staying the course. If after 90 days of this I'm not any better - then I will ditch and look for something else but I'm pretty certain that SIBO is my problem and will forge ahead. I have a feeling I will be doing this for the long haul - maybe up to 6 months. I don't know.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Maybe the PA is causing problems?
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Does the gut response correspond with the grape juice at all? I think you're supposed to dilute it initially, I can't remember.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• DAY 10 SCD --

Yes - I'm fairly certain the PA is causing this pain and need to use the bathroom. Its a totally different feeling than I was getting before. And the bathroom issues are not at all the same. TMI -- for explanation purposes: BEFORE - I would have a tingling in my stomach area that would grow into an intense burning and cramping and would result in up to 10 or 15 trips to the bathroom with a complete flush out, ending in nothing but orange colored water and oily looking stuff. That's how I would know it was OVER for the day. NOW - the pain is a sharp digging cramping sensation in my stomach, but doesn't seem to be down low in my large intestine. Its a few hard cramps and then maybe 2 BMs and its over. The color is dark (similar to the PA color). And SUPER TMI: the "odor" is completely different now. Now its a normal "oh that's poop" smell ........... not the "oh my gosh - what kind of sickness climbed up you?" smell.

This leads me to believe the PA is killing off the bacteria and causing a reaction in my gut lining.

When I'm not having this pain I'm feeling great!!!

Normal, yet small, BM upon wake up this morning - that's unusual for me.

As for the grape juice - I tested that theory yesterday by drinking a glass of straight juice before dinner after not eating for 7 hours. No response. So, I don't believe its the juice.

My money is on the PA doing its stuff. This morning I took the PA first thing when I got up. On an empty stomach. I won't be eating for several hours. I will wait and see what happens. If I have pain then I know its the PA. If I don't have pain - it could be that I need to take the PA without food.

On a happier note: my weight is down to 183 today. That's a 7 pound loss in 10 days. I'm 3 pounds from my next goal. I'm beginning to wonder if my gut issues have been causing so much inflammation that my body has been unable to release any water or fat. The SCD website talks about SIBO causing the inability to lose weight no matter how hard you try. And y'all know how hard I've been trying for the past 2 years!!! If the weight continues to drop then I will have to conclude it has been my gut causing all my troubles.
              Last edited by tomi; 01-28-2014, 09:48 AM.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay --- Day 10 SCD

Food has been same as always - eggs, meat, squash. I have a bit more acorn squash in the fridge so I'll finish that up before cooking the butternut squash. Seems like squash is squash - ya know? One should be the same as another in my mind. But I suppose they have different sugar and fiber content.

So - I took the PA at 7:30 am ............ and at 8:10 am I started to feel an ache and the urge to use to the bathroom. The pain was minor in comparison to my normal gut wrenching pain. Now I'm fine. I'm going to do this same thing for the rest of the week and see what happens.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Wow! Great weight loss.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• lets hope it continues!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yay for feeling so much better! Isn't it fabulous?!?!
                      Some of us (like me) can't tolerate fruit w other foods.
                      It could be the juice mixed w other foods is causing you some trouble since you already know it's not the juice alone.
                      K

Comment

• Good point............. I'll keep that in mind.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tasha -- I sorta think you meant for this to be in my journal.......... but I found it in Jenn's!

One thing I read recently about Prescript Assist is that part of why its so effective is the soil-based organisms in it. If you take it regularly for a week, then irregularly from that point on, it helps trick up your gut so that you don't get too adapted. In addition to getting probiotics through food, this can help your gut get populated with the right bacteria. I kind of imagine it's like changing up your workouts so your body doesn't get used to a routine. Doing this would make the PA last longer and be more cost effective.

My plan is to take it for a month at 2 per day. That's the suggestion I read on several websites.

Suggested Use for Prescript-Assist

To use as a dietary supplement, you can take two capsules a day for the first 30 days, followed by one to two capsules a week thereafter, or as recommended by your healthcare professional.

I've already been taking it for 9 days at 2 per day. Chris Kresser say to take it twice a day for up to 90 days, then once a day. I bought 180 pills so I have a good supply.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• No, she likely meant that for me b/c I specifically mentioned PA in my post today.

Glad you are feeling better and I hope it continues.
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• OH - how did I not see that??? Sorry
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• No worries.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X