Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks - It is hard.

My current batch of booch is really strong! Almost Apple Cider Vinegar strong. But over ice its really refreshing! When I'm drinking it I swear its soothing my stomach. Its almost like my stomach relaxes when I drink it. I've just bottled 8 more bottles of Cinnamon Apple. The new scoby's are thick and milky - very healthy looking! I'm pretty pumped about this. Hubby thinks its awesome that I'm making my own. I think after this next batch is done I will have to slow down a bit - or else make sure I drink a bottle a day

Next weekend we are going to smoke up a storm! Hubby was given a LOT of wild salmon by a friend - the deal is - if hubby will smoke it all for him then we get to keep 1/2 of it. That's a good deal. We're also going to be making homemade chicken soup and canning it. I can't wait! We have 6 whole chickens in the freezer and we might smoke those also. We smoke them, and then freeze them.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
      Thanks - It is hard.
      I think after this next batch is done I will have to slow down a bit - or else make sure I drink a bottle a day
      Or share with a friend.

Comment

• my weight is hanging firm at 186. I'd like to see it drop again. I'm being good - except for some drinking over the weekend. I was craving cookies last night! UGH - good thing all store bought cookies have soy in the ingredients - that keeps me from buying them. I was just craving goodies........... I could have had ice cream - but was strong and didn't.

Nothing really to talk about today.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Maybe after several weeks of no fruit, bananas and pears will taste better.

Comment

• my gut a mess today. need to stay off the alcohol. UGH! I NEED to be at work today - this needs to stop now!
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi,
              I'm not a banana fan either, but I freeze them for the kids' smoothies. I had some today w raw cacao nibs and that was great! Idk if nibs are in your ok list but if not, the frozen banana pieces are pretty tasty
              K

Comment

• I like the flavor of bananas - I just don't like the mouth feel. icky..........
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Same here on the naners!
                  Try the frozen pieces, I swear they have a creamy texture, more like ice cream

Comment

• I've been wanting to try the banana ice cream thing............ smashed and frozen.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• This post is filled with complaints so feel free to ignore...........

Sears messed up and send the wrong part for my fridge. The ice maker broke (thank goodness we bought the extended warranty) 2 days after the 1 year warranty was up. The service man was here 10 days ago but didn't have the right part on his truck, so he ordered it in. And they sent a part for a completely different brand - and not even close to the right part. UGH - So, he re-ordered the part. Says he'll have it for Friday. Sears now sends the parts to the house - I think that's weird. If they sent it to the repair center the repairman could verify he's got the right part and not waste both of our mornings with an unnecessary call. Whatever.......... So - now maybe we'll have an ice maker for next weekend. Yes............ I'm spoiled.

Feeling just a little pissy this morning. My shoulder is giving me pain at night again and I'm having issues with getting a good nights sleep. I talked to the doctor about doing the shoulder exercises found on MoonShoulder.com - she thought that was a good idea and to give it a full 6 weeks - if I don't feel any improvement she will give me another injection and send me for images. The thought of another 6 weeks of this level of pain is depressing! I have to make a valiant commitment to doing these exercises cuz they will take about an hour to complete - every. single. day. UGH. I must get started.

Yesterday I ate very little. After having a very upset digestive tract in the morning I decided to eat very little. I had a hamburger patty for an early lunch - then a small chicken breast fried with bacon and carrots over a bed of basmati rice at 8 pm. Overall calories couldn't have been more than 800 - but resting the gut and calorie dense don't mix. I'm going to continue to rest my gut - hopefully I won't be sick for the rest of the week.

Okay --- grumbling over.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• After an internet search for acceptable pain killers for dogs - I have just dosed Zeus with 4 baby aspirin, disguised in a spoonful of almond butter. Hubby tried to "move" him this morning and tweaked a hip - resulting in yelps and whines - and tears from mommy. I hope the aspirin gives him a pain free day.

No tummy issues today. I haven't eaten yet - drinking of bottle of my homebrew kombucha. Yummy.

Yesterday while discussing the making of kombucha with my manager we took at look at the kombucha momma site only to discovered that to get the bubbles you are supposed to leave it bottled on the counter for up to a MONTH! Where did I get the idea it would happen in 3-5 days? No wonder I have no fizz. But I am thoroughly enjoying fizz free so I'm not so sure it really matters. Hubby says he really likes my homebrew better than the store bought kind! Yeah!

This Sunday's NFL games will determine who plays in the Super Bowl. Seattle is up against the 49ers. UGH! This season it was 1-1 with that team - so, its hard to predict the outcome. Next Sunday will be all about football. You have no idea how badly I want the Seahawks to win - mostly because they are my fav's - but also because all the 49er fans in my life LOVE to dis the Seahawks. You know - calling them the Seachickens. I think they all need a dose of humility! Last time the Seahawks made it the Super Bowl we were totally screwed by back and ridiculously bad calls! Even one of the Refs said some of the calls were totally wrong.

So - in honor of the playoffs I'm going to make some special foods........... not sure what yet. I want to keep it primal - but have some fun-with-food time too. Any suggestions?
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Something wrapped in bacon!! Maybe shrimp, wrapped in bacon & cooked on the grill? Or could be baked. Jimmy Dean makes a gluten free nitrite free sausage...maybe sausage balls made with a GF flour? Maybe a GF/nitrite free deli platter? Could eat it on rice crackers...or rolled up in lettuce leaves. Try some of the paleo recipe sites...like nom nom or paleomg. Might get some good ideas there.
                          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Nom Nom Paleo has a Super Bowl recipe post. Whole30 Day 28: Chile Lime Chicken Wings | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo
                            Don't look at who she was cheering for!
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

I had a rough night with shoulder pain. We went to bed around 10:30 and I was woke on several occasions with deep throbbing pain in my right shoulder. Hubby got me some ibuprofen sometime in the middle of the night. I ended up sleeping a fitful 12 hours! I can't remember the last night I stayed in bed so late! But - sleep is good for healing so I'm guessing it has to be a good thing.

I seem to have lost my appetite the past few days. I ate breakfast and dinner and Monday - then didn't eat again until dinner Tuesday, and that was only a small chicken breast a slice of bacon and some carrots. That's all I ate yesterday. I was afraid I would wake up in the night totally famished! But I didn't. In fact, its now nearly noon and I still haven't eaten. So, since Monday morning I have barely eaten enough to make one days calories. I'm drinking my kombucha right now. I should probably try to eat some thing before I go to work. I cook up a chicken breast I guess. I have ground beef thawed out for dinner.

I ate two small brown sugar cookies last night - had a bad reaction. Belly cramping and leg pain (fibro stuff). I thought just a small but wouldn't hurt........ I was wrong. My list of don't eats is growing rapidly.

I'm doing some reading on small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Of the 10 most common symptoms - I'm a dead ringer.

10 Signs Of Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) (from mindbodygreen.com)

1. Gas
                              2. Bloating
                              3. Diarrhea
                              4. Abdominal pain or cramping
                              5. Constipation (much less common than diarrhea)
                              6. Diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome or inflammatory bowel disease
                              7. Food intolerances such as gluten, casein, lactose, fructose and more
                              8. Chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, neuromuscular disorders and autoimmune diseases.
                              9. B12 deficiency as well as other vitamins and minerals
                              10. Fat malabsorption

That's me in a nutshell. I belch like a truck driver after every meal. I bloat up no matter what I eat - but dairy is the worst. I have chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain and cramping. I've been diagnosed with IBS. I'm lactose intolerant, frustose intolerant and casein sensitive. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2001. I'm B-12 and Vit. D deficient. And when I eat fatty foods it passes right through me.

The other things I have explored - fructose and salicylates sensitivities - can both fall under the umbrella of symptoms listed for SIBO. So - I'm trying to decide if I want to pursue this on my own or talk to my doctor about it. Basically its diet, coupled with herbal supplements to kill off the overgrowth. I could probably just talk to a knowledgeable person at a good supplement store and get the same information. The only thing I wouldn't have is a test to confirm that I have it. But, if I don't have it - would going through the process of trying kill it off hurt anything? That's my dilemma. Can I do more damage or make myself sicker if I take herbals aimed at killing off something that isn't there?

Right now - I know for certain that I can eat protein (not eggs) and minimal veggies (as in one medium carrot) without sparking symptoms. Potato (sweet or white) seem to cause diarrhea and pain the following morning.

Any help - suggestions?
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Based on all the problems you've had with your gut and what you've described above, I completely agree with your assessment. I did a lot of reading about SIBO last year, so let me see what I can dredge up.

When using natural antifungals & antimicrobials to treat SIBO, you have to change up what you are using every 4 weeks or so as the bacteria can adapt to the treatment.

-Oil of oregano
                                -Peppermint oil capsules (take before food)
                                -Caprylic acid
                                -Garlic
                                -Pau D'Arco
                                Those are just some. There are also blends you can find.

In the midst of this, soil-based organisms (a type of probiotic) are really important. They should help wipe out the overgrowth & provide the correct bacteria for your gut. Prescript-Assist is highly recommended. I think it's also important to switch up your probiotic periodically.

Treating SIBO, Cold Thermogenesis, and When to Take Probiotics
                                Scroll down for the transcript.

Diet - SIBO- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth
                                SCD and GAPS can be very beneficial in conjunction with appropriate antibiotics (natural or prescription). A similar breath test to the one you already did can be done to try and confirm SIBO.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X