Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think you need to give your probiotics something to eat: starch. Maybe time to try a bit of potato with every meal that you drink Kombucha?
    I've been eating potato every day for a couple of weeks. Either white or sweet.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      Online dating. Get to know someone, talk to them for a long time, then meet. Take a xanax before you go so the anxiety of meeting someone new doesn't ruin it. Skype or Facetime together before they meet to get over that first time seeing each other anxiety. There are ways. He just needs to be willing to use them.

Maybe you and Tomi need to introduce Tomi's son and your daughter.
      He's doing the online dating thing - but the 3 girls he's talking to (all very hot BTW!) are all in other states. I'm not sure if they will be planning on meeting at some point or not. Right now he's only talking via chat or text.

That's a good idea to introduce the two.........

Marcadav -- how old is your daughter? Is she in Salem/Keizer? My son is 27 (28 in April). He's a sweet guy..... just needs someone to bring him outside of his head and teach him how to have FUN!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
        Marcadav -- how old is your daughter? Is she in Salem/Keizer? My son is 27 (28 in April). He's a sweet guy..... just needs someone to bring him outside of his head and teach him how to have FUN!
        She'll be 24 on your birthday. She's in Portland.

Our sons are the same age. Mine turns 28 in May.

Comment

• My son is in Portland............. hum........... ????? Is she interested in an intellectual guy with not much social experience?
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
            My son is in Portland............. hum........... ????? Is she interested in an intellectual guy with not much social experience?
            I'm not sure.

Comment

• As someone close in age to your son, I have to say: PLEASE don't play matchmaker for him! Maybe it works for some families, but overall it just strikes me as a really awkward situation. Your son does not need to be rescued, he needs to realize he can handle himself (counselling could help if he is not already doing that).
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                As someone close in age to your son, I have to say: PLEASE don't play matchmaker for him! Maybe it works for some families, but overall it just strikes me as a really awkward situation. Your son does not need to be rescued, he needs to realize he can handle himself (counselling could help if he is not already doing that).
                I was really only playing along with Jenn's suggestion I would never presume to know what kind of a girl my son would be interested - or visa versa! I guess I should have made my comment filled with dorky faces to depict my lack of seriousness!

Yes - absolutely he must find his own - we all do. Its one thing to be fixed up by your peers.......... but totally unacceptable for momma to get involved! Its all good.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Just checking It's nearly impossible to tell the tone with which someone is writing on the internet!

It sounds like you are doing your best as a supportive mom. It's important for people with anxiety to know that somebody is in their court & believes in them, esp. when that person doesn't believe in themselves.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Well, my experiment worked beautifully yesterday. I ate the exact same thing, minus the ketchup ............. and didn't even get a tiny little twinge in my tummy. I'm starting a list of things that I absolutely must not eat for gut health!! So far I have:

Soy
                    Tomato based things
                    chocolate - all types
                    milk/cream

And the experiment continues.............

Soy is in so many things!!! I started a thread on the topic and one person even mentioned trying to avoid using topical products that contain soy. I've never thought about that. Is it able to permeate the skin and cause issues??? I need to do some research on that topic.

I feel like I'm in a good place again. Sugar cravings are gone and I hardly think about rum anymore. I'm eating to satiety and not really concerning myself with overall calories - although I am tracking just to see where I am. My caloric needs seem to fall between 1200-1500 calories a day. Which is where my doc told me to be for weight loss purposes. I'm beginning to feel like I can really reach my goals this year. I will admit to checking the scale on a daily basis again. And I am pleased to report a steady drop! I was 190 on Jan. 1, and today I am 187.2. Nearly 3 pounds in just 8 days is pretty good! Today I am going to start adding in some exercise again - I just need to keep in mind that my shoulders are still a mess.

The canner we ordered was delivered yesterday Hubby and I are looking forward to making some home canned soups to start with. It will so good to have soup again - and know exactly what is going into it! YEAH!

edited for weight error!
                    Last edited by tomi; 01-08-2014, 12:01 PM.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think you meant 187.2...and congrats!
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        I think you meant 187.2...and congrats!
                        ooops! yes I did! I will edit............ thanks P!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• after reading Tasha's journal about her tattoo gift to herself - I started to wonder why I don't "gift" myself with something special. What would I gift to myself??? I suppose in a way - taking care of my health needs is a gift in itself. I mean, if I wasn't constantly searching for the answer I would still be enslaved to the pains of fibromyalgia, the fatigue that would keep me in my jammies all day, and the brainfog that turned me into an idiot! I would also not have a clue what was causing my chronic intestinal issues and I would still be spending 1/2 my day in the bathroom! I guess my gift to myself is my research, and my personal experiments to find what will work. I do spend a lot of time reading and doing a lot a self-evaluating.

so - that's that!

I ate a burger patty for breakfast and my tummy is doing great! Dinner will be chicken and roasted veggies.

EDIT: Did I mention I'm giving the Virgin Diet another try? No: Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Eggs, Corn, Peanuts, and Sugar/Sugar Substitutes. Burger patter for breakfast will replaced the eggs - and the rest I'm already avoiding anyway
                          Last edited by tomi; 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Oh hell woman, buy yourself something! (The car doesn't count. That is a necessity.) I think it is all well and good that we research to take care of ourselves, but that is not the same type of gift as say getting a tattoo or buying a book you want.

For example, I pay myself $1.00 for each clean day and then spend the $ on something I want at the end of the month. Sometimes I save for something bigger. Right now I have $5.00 for January. Lately, I have been using the money to shop for "new" clothes at goodwill.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yeah, I mean I know I am taking care of myself. That's not a gift, that's a necessity. The gift isn't really a reward exactly... It's a way that I reinforce valuing myself. The tattoos are something I want anyway and by getting them, I get to reinforce that self-worth, esp. because they have such a personal meaning to me. It's not a treat and it's more than just a gift to me.

But regular gifts to yourself are a good idea, I've found. Not everybody wants something like tattoos =P When I was budgeting in college, I'd allow myself some significant purchase every month. It was usually a fun book, but sometimes I'd get something like new headphones (want but don't need).
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I agree. The research you're doing is a necessity to feel your best - a gift is something you WANT not need. For me, it was new running clothes - I got a windbreaker with money that was gifted to me for Christmas. I didn't NEED a windbreaker, but I wanted one, so I bought it. Viola! A gift to myself.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X