Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi kmarie,

I was just about to post about the gallbladder celiac connection in your thread. I am just starting my research into this area due to something I read in Robb Wolf's "Paleo Solution". Unfortunately Tomi and I have had our gallbladders out. I wish that there had been another choice. Follow the link to my journal in my signature.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, Pebbles!
      I'm currently reading Paleo Solution. It's 2010 edition from the library so I don't know if it's the most current.
      I like his humor! Easy to read
      I'm going to look now for gallbladder info. I tend to skip stuff that doesn't concern me, ha, until I realize it does!!!!
      Thx!
      K

Comment

• I first read his book over a year ago and said "I don't need to go full on Paleo, I'm fine with just Primal." This time when I read his book, I realized that while I have lost weight, I have not optimized my health.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Ah, you just said what I've been feeling lately. I feel so much better than 6m ago, most non GI issues greatly improved (some totally gone), lost a few clothing sizes (I don't weigh/measure) but know I could be even healthier!
          I shall get back to Robb Wolf and his delightful sense of humor (The chapter names and headings make me smile) and see what happens
          Thx!
          K

Comment

• Pebbles & Tomi,
            Thx for your willingness to post about your gall issues and help others avoid surgery or at least try other options first.
            Thx
            K

Comment

• Paula - I read the article about gall bladder and celiac association - very interesting. I'm going to do some more research on the subject. Like you - even suspecting there is a connection would greatly help me stay off all wheat.

I've been eating clean and I'm feeling food! Today is my husbands birthday - we're going out for India food tomorrow before we take off for home.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yes, I am hoping it gives me another good reason to abstain from eating Gluten.

I do not like what I have been reading about the consequences of not having a gallbladder. I had mine out 13 years ago. In the least, I should have been taking digestive enzymes. I wonder if some of my metabolic issues are due to lack of absorption of fat soluble vitamins.

I saw that they are on your supplement list. What has been your experience with them?
                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Just chiming in on that: I took them for a bit when I thought it might help suspected candida issues. It helped with some bloating & gas after meals.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• I've only been the digestive enzymes for a few days so I'm not really sure if they are doing any good. If I don't see an improvement by the time the bottle is empty I won't bother buying more.

Last night we went out for dinner for hubby's birthday. He wanted to Mexican. I ate a few bites of beans and rice and had a few corn chips. Stupid me forgot to think about the SOY in the corn chips........... I ordered my favorite dish - bacon wrapped shrimp on a bed of sautéed onions and peppers and covered with Monterey Jack cheese. While I was trying to fall asleep I thought about how they prepare the bacon wrapped shrimp............ I think they are deep fried! That means I most likely got more SOY from the frying oil. UGH! Today I'm doubled over in pain and running to the bathroom continuously. Damn I need to be more mindful! I was so good the entire time we were in Washington - my BIL and his wife were so careful to make sure nothing they cooked had SOY in it............ then I come home and like an IDIOT make myself sick!

We're trying to go look at a car - and I'm stuck near the bathroom!!! We've cleaned out the Pathfinder, removed the bumper stickers and hubby is running it through the carwash right now. Hopefully when he gets back I will be ready to go. There is a Rubicon with only 15,000 miles on it - hubby wants.

I need to catch up on everyone's journal. Maybe later.
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hope you get past today's pains soon.

I was listening to Nora Gedgaudas on the free replay of the Real Food Con today (all 29 podcasts free until midnight Sunday, see here: Real Food Con Event | Real Food Con )

She mentioned near the end that for people with leaky gut, that properly grass fed colostrum remarkably speeds gut healing. Might be something to consider.

Regardless, if you didn't get a chance to see any of these podcasts when it was on a few months ago, it's well worth looking at.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• That's interesting, Greensprout .......... the next question is - where do I find properly grass fed colostrum? Any thoughts, anyone? I'm at the point of doing almost anything to fix this gut issue. I decided to fast today to let my tummy rest. So I did a 24 hour fast and broke it with a perfectly cooked thick cut Beef Tenderloin and mashed sweet potato. I stopped at the point of feeling just full enough

I was sick until about 11:30 and then we were able to go handle the car issue. We bought the one hubby wanted. I absolutely love it! Its a 2012 Rubicon with 16,000 miles.

our Rubicon.jpg

It has a built in Nav System with all the bells and whistles and lots of other fun stuff. The payment is making my heart skip a beat.......... but it fits all our needs and wants and drives exactly like the Pathfinder - solid and smooth! I will need to put in more hours if I'm going to stay somewhat on track with my financial goals - but its still doable.

I've been doing really good on my wholeprimal - I'll say 99% whole. That's pretty dang good I think. I'll be working toward that 100%, but I'm not going to worry about a little bit of deviation. It was only re-fried beans and a couple of corn chips.

Oh boy........... I hadn't taken any pain meds today and my shoulder was killing me when I got home so I took a Percocet and 800mg ibuprofen........... I'm not feeling very clear headed. Going to lie down.

EDIT: Well it took about 30 minutes for that to pass! I guess taking that medication on an empty stomach after a 24 hour fast is not a good idea! I'm feeling fine now - and my shoulder is feeling better as well. I need to do some research and find out how long it normally takes torn shoulder muscles to heal. I really want to get back to some arm exercises.

And I forgot to mention........ hubby says I look HOT driving our Jeep.
                        Last edited by tomi; 01-04-2014, 09:47 PM.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• That is a good looking car!

I started the enzymes yesterday. Very interesting. I'll post about them in my journal.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Nice ride Tomi. Love the color!
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• okay............ Monday - Jan 6, 2014. Vacation is over and its back to life as normal. Back to the grind - ugh.

I'm worried about my son - he's in a low state of mind. He's lonely - is longing for a relationship. He's 27 and has never been in one He's a great guy - but his social anxiety has limited his social exposure. How do people find love and friendships when social settings produce deep anxiety? He works with all men - and so far no one has offered to "set him up" with anyone. You can't "make a life" for your kids.......... but gosh, its tough to watch when they struggle to make their own way. My heart hurts.

Diet has been good. I've managed to stay nearly 100% since Jan 1. The couple deviations being the couple bites of refried beans and a tiny bit of a flour tortilla, and a bit of alcohol on the weekend. We drove to the beach yesterday for lunch and I ordered seafood - nothing deep friend - all primal. Dinner last night was eggs and bacon with some leftover sweet potato mash.

My gut is feeling fine as long as I stay soy free. The last night we were at BIL I ate some mixed nuts ............. the next day I was sick and I am afraid I may have got some soy from the nuts. That was the only thing I ate that I didn't read the ingredients list. I also had an apple and some of those little Cutties tiny oranges. I just read that the shiny coating of store bought fruits is always a soy based wax. Man....... if I'm on target with this, and soy is the cause of my lifelong health issues, then I have got to be vigilant in my quest to remain soy-free.

I see a future of buying from farmers markets and canning everything possible. We've been talking about all the things we would like to can. Soups and stews, fish, premade curry bases, fruits and veggies, sauces, even chicken and other meats. With some work I could develop some good recipes for canned gluten free bread as well. I've had some wonderful wheat based canned zucchini bread! If I could make it work with other healthy flour options I would have a good go to treat on hand.

My weight is down a bit I think My pants are feeling more comfortable again.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Glad you are feeling better.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X