No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes but I also can't baby it so much as I have been. I need to keep the mobility going - but NO lifting of anything that causes pain.

Thanks for chiming in Pedi! I was hoping to hear from you. I don't want to ask for medical advice via MDA forum......... so I appreciate the input!

I've been visiting Jenn's journal and I sorta had an epiphany while writing there.......... I have copied a paragraph from there......

One thing I have come to realize......... THIS WOE is a lifetime choice for me - not an "only when convenient" choice. There will be holidays and birthdays and weddings and funerals and every other kind of food related event happening constantly for the rest of my life - learning how to navigate those times and still remain healthy and stay true to my goals is the entire point of learning to change to this WOE. Eating SAD foods is unhealthy for my body - and makes me a very sickly person. I have come to the realization that just because a piece of pie or cake or a cookie or a creamy luscious looking casserole is placed before me - does not mean I have to put it in my mouth. I can eat what I choose to eat and not care what anyone else thinks about it. And if I chose to partake in something "treatish" then I will do it in great moderation and only for very special times. That 2 minutes of pleasurable eating isn't worth the 3 days of bloat that will follow - or the running and stumbling to find my way back onto the primal wagon. By George............. I think I've finally got it!!!!!! You know what makes me give in to those SAD treats and foods??? That spoiled little girl inside me that stomps her foot and folds her arms across her chest and says, "BUT I WANT IT!!!" -- time to put spoiled little Tomi into time out and be an adult.

A slight variation to putting on the BGP!

I'm feeling good about where I am right now.

I'm feeling good about the fact that a nearly full bottle of rum is sitting in the cupboard and I haven't even though once about having a glass!

I'm feeling good about getting on the treadmill everyday since starting my wholeprimal75.

I'm feeling good about having control over the amount of dark chocolate that I'm consuming.

I'm feeling good about choosing ghee over butter .......... about choosing white potato over sweet potato (gives me diarrhea) and about reading labels and avoiding soy in condiments and supplements.

I'm making good choices right now. If I knew how to do it - I'd find the clip in the movie "Freaky Friday" where Jamie Lee Curtis tells Lindsey Lohan to "make good choices"! and post it here -- but alas, I'm not that computer savvy and I don't have a clue Perhaps someone forgot to tell Lindsey that in her REAL life -- she certainly has made some bad choices over the years.

I'm in THE ZONE!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I would also like to report that my tummy is feeling pretty darn good these days - sans soy! My BMs are quite healthy and normal!

Although I have noticed when I go beyond 2 squares of dark chocolate in a day I will get a bit of a tummy ache and some rumblings. I may need to say goodbye to that vice as well. This makes me very sad.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• NSAIDs, alternate heat/cool, gentle ROM.
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• thanks NSAIDS, check! heating pad, check! gentle ROM, check! ............... cool....... as in ICE!???? Does the creamy stuff that you rub on count? It starts are feeling freezing cold and then moves to a warm sensation.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• possible feats.jpg

I saw it on fb and I thought it was very appropriate for all of us.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, my husband had eight months of physical therapy before an MRI was ordered......only to show that he had a torn rotator cuff the whole time.don't be afraid to say " it isn't getting better".
              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                thanks NSAIDS, check! heating pad, check! gentle ROM, check! ............... cool....... as in ICE!???? Does the creamy stuff that you rub on count? It starts are feeling freezing cold and then moves to a warm sensation.
                Should work.
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Honeybuns............ praying its NOT that! The worst pain is the bicep thing that she says is partial frozen shoulder. That is hugely better just hours after the injection.

I'm banking on healing.......... but will definitely not wait more than a couple months if it isn't getting better.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• okay............. definitely need to cut chocolate. One or 2 squares is okay - but more than 2 and I'm feeling it. SAD DAY!!!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                      okay............. definitely need to cut chocolate. One or 2 squares is okay - but more than 2 and I'm feeling it. SAD DAY!!!
                      Chocolate used to be so necessary in this house. Now, I am sad to say, we don't even want it any more. Still have six bars of the best stuff sitting in the freezer. Been there for close to a year now.
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• chocolate is such a wonderfully comforting food............ or treat I should say. I'm bummed. But I would rather not have a stomach ache than have 5 minutes a day of taste bud pleasure. So - the chocolate is out.

Day 6 WholePrimal75

Still 100% on track.

I had a temptation to weigh myself today. My mom has this really cool scale that talk to you I like to use it...... but I refrained. And I didn't look at the doctors scales yesterday - not that it would matter cuz I was fully clothed.

Anyway.......... I'm doing good!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• We had a wonderful dinner party last night. The Prime Rib turned out perfect, the loaded baked potatoes were perfect and the salad was perfect Even the dessert was perfect! The table setting was beautiful and everyone was appreciative of the wonderful night! I'm happy.

I was slightly lax on my clean eating - I ate some things that I later learned had soybean oil in them - and today I was sick. I must remember to READ LABELS or ASK what is in something before I put it in my mouth!!!! I ate only a few bites of it...... but it got me anyway.

Forging ahead..............
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sick day 2. I am seeing that I am extremely sensitive to soy and must avoided it at all cost!

Day 9 wholeprimal75.

eggs and uncured bacon for breakfast.

Waiting for my bestie to get here. She's home for Christmas break from her job in Korea. This might be the only time I see her - but its enough.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Is it possible that the issue could be caused by something that accompanies the soy in those food items? Like maybe a hidden source of gluten or something that coincidentally happens to be in everything you've eaten that contains soy? Just wondering. Not trying to throw a wrench in your system or throw you off course or anything like that - just thining critically about the situation - what could we be missing kind of thinking.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Have a wonderful time catching up with your friend

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X