No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been thinking about the detox bath a lot recently. I have never done it but want to.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I don't know if it's really "detoxing", but it feels nice . I think I went to bed shortly after the bath, my body felt very relaxed.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Kmarie - yes, all that sounds fine. Sweet potatoes are fine if your body can handle the fiber load and the carb bomb. As for canned meats - I believe Mark posted something about that once. I think they are fine as long as the sodium count isn't outrageous and there is nothing but plain old fish in the can. Packaged fish...... I assume you mean frozen. Also okay as long as its not breaded in anything. Costco has killer salmon fillets in the freezer section.

Thanks for the comment on the tree I wanted a very tall, thin one this year and I found the perfect one! We have a customer at the boatshop who owns a tree farm and we are very blessed to be given a free tree of our choosing every year! We have awesome customers!

Detox bath............... OH YES! I just used the last 1 cup of my Epsom salts a week ago when I was hoping to sooth my aching shoulder. I will need to get more. I have fresh ginger and I'm going to boil up a strong pot of it to pour in the bath instead of using ground ginger. There was another additive............. what was it? Essential oils? Anyone remember?

Okay I'm on day 4 of my wholeprimal75. I've done stellar so far. I even have a nearly full bottle of rum in the cupboard and it hasn't even been a temptation. I'm seeing that it really is more of a habit than an addiction and that is extremely comforting to me! I was getting a bit scared about the whole thing. I have also stayed off the scales - as I said, I will not weigh again until Feb. 28. Please keep reminding me of this commitment because the scales are a definite addiction and I need to break free of them. I have tucked them away in a corner that makes it very difficult to retrieve them from. (that was not a proper sentence, but you get it) .......... how about........ I have it tucked away in a corner to which retrieval poses much difficulty! ............ OH dear! Is that proper English or what? Hahaha!

I'm doing a quick in and out at the office today. Just long enough to do the cash box, mail and bank deposit. My shoulder pain kept me up most of the night and I think I may have gotten 3 hours of broken sleep. I've been awake since 4 am - and the 5 hours prior to that were restless.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Lol about the proper English.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
            Kmarie - yes, all that sounds fine. Sweet potatoes are fine if your body can handle the fiber load and the carb bomb. As for canned meats - I believe Mark posted something about that once. I think they are fine as long as the sodium count isn't outrageous and there is nothing but plain old fish in the can. Packaged fish...... I assume you mean frozen. Also okay as long as its not breaded in anything. Costco has killer salmon fillets in the freezer section.
            The only caveat to store bought fish is that you want it to be wild caught, not farm raised. Farm raised fish is fed grains which is not a natural diet for the fish. Their healthy components (omegas, etc) are reduced when farm raised.

Comment

• I think baking soda was the other detox bath ingredient. Essential oils should only be a few drops. I put some tea tree oil in mine because that's all I have and I'm battling some mysterious infection.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Oh yes, baking soda I have a LARGE box! I also have some Tea Tree Oil. I will be taking a nice detoxifying bath in the near future! As you said, does it really detox? I don't know, but it feels awesome!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• okay - day 4 wrap up........

stayed off the scale
                  stayed out of the rum
                  walking on the treadmill 15 minutes (I'm dragging from lack of sleep)

Food: eggs and bacon
                  4 squares of chocolate
                  hamburger patty and baked potato with ghee and seasonings.

day 4 - NAILED IT!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good job! Keep at it.

Comment

• Day 5 wholeprimal75.

I'm heading to the doctor in just a few minutes. I sure hope I can get some answers today - but if not, I'm asking for some powerful pain meds to get me through until things can be diagnosed and I start to feel better. A friend had some left over Percocet and I took one before bed last night. It didn't change anything - I still woke up at 4:30 in great pain! The only difference was a feeling of wooziness as I was falling asleep - like my head was spinning. I took 800 mg ibuprofen and 650 mg acetaminophen at 4:30 and went back to sleep for a few more hours.

I've never been very sensitive to pain meds. When I was in my early 20's I had all 4 wisdom extracted and I ended up with dry socket in both the top holes. HOLY MOLY I've never felt such horrible pain!!!! First they gave me Tylenol4. That made me vomit. Then they gave me Percocet. I may as well have popped a couple tic-tac's cuz it didn't touch the pain - didn't even make me sleep. So, I will have to ask for something more powerful I guess. I pain reliever rather than a pain desensitizer.

Ugh! I hate this.

I watched a video yesterday - came in my BeMore! magazine from wellness.org - I can't remember the name of doctor - but she was talking about weight and vitality. She said she tells most of her patients that come in saying they just don't feel "right" to take Rhodiola (Golden Rod), Iodine, Maca, and CLA. I'm going to get some and see what happens.

We're having a bunch of people over for dinner on Saturday Hubby's best friend and his family are leaving on Christmas day to go to Uganda to work at an orphanage for 2 weeks. So, this is our send off. My sister, her hubby, their children and their SO's. We're all friends with hubby's best friend and his wife and kids. We all boat together, spend Super Bowl Sunday together, etc. So......... the menu is Prime Rib cooked in the smoker with minimal smoke, mostly just low heat for 8 hours. Loaded Baked Potatoes and green salad. I'm making a dessert - but won't be having any There will be 11 people total. We love having a house filled with friends and family. Especially the ones who don't bring disruptive children! So - I need to do the shopping for that today or tomorrow. Depends on what comes of this doctors appointment. I'm really hoping to have an ultrasound or at LEAST an x-ray today.

Here goes............... will come back later today with the outcome of my doctors appointment. If you're a praying person - please say a quick one for me! Worst case......... surgery (no thanks, Lord!) Best case.............physical therapy (yes, please!)
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Praying for a quick answer.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well - doc says I have torn muscles on the back sides of my shoulders. The pain in the bicep on the right is partial frozen shoulder. She injected cortisone. She said it could take a couple days for the stuff to work its magic. Right now it hurts worse - but I haven't taken any meds today. I just took 800 mg ibu. and 650 mg acetam. That should lessen pain in about 20 minutes. I'm going to go online and see if I can find any physical therapy that I can do to help the torn muscles heal faster. I'm wondering if I should be taking gelatin or collagen stuff ??? Any thoughts on that?

My googling indicates I have a tear in the Infraspinatus muscles of both shoulders. Sounds right since the injury came from moving 150 40# bags of wood pellets. The frozen shoulder is a result of my lack of mobility on the right.

This is it!
                          Symptoms of Infraspinatus Injuries. Although the infraspinatus is located behind your shoulder, pain is usually felt in your front shoulder.
                          Front Shoulder Pain. Pain down into biceps. Pain feels as if it's deep in the joint. Side shoulder, neck & shoulder-blade can also hurt.
                          Stiff/Weak Shoulder. Shoulder & arm tire out more easily on one side than the other. Muscle imbalances. Stiffness. Arm going numb.
                          Restricted Mobility. Reaching back – like when putting on your jacket – is difficult. Lying on your shoulder when sleeping hurts.

That's exactly my symptoms. Now.......... how to fix it.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I bet they say physical therapy until they do the ultrasound. They always send people to physical therapy first - and in some cases, that's a terrible idea. i.e. Brad's cousin Josh hurt his back at work. He was sent to a doctor who said rest, chiropractic and pain meds. 2 weeks later, back still hurts, so they send him to physical therapy. If physical therapy doesn't work, they'll send him for an MRI. I would have thought an MRI would be the thing to do before physical therapy just in case he's got a ruptured or herniated disk... but *I'm no doctor* so whatever.

I hope it's nothing serious. Good luck.

Comment

• Torn muscle = rest rest rest rest!!!! Do not do any physical therapy without the doctor approving it, you don't want to make it worse.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• ^x1 million!
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X