No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gastrointestinal problems, such as diarrhea, bloating and abdominal cramps, are common symptoms of a food intolerance, but some people can also experience joint pain, fatigue and behavioral changes. If an allergy test does not reveal an allergy or intolerance to casein but you still seem to experience side effects from casein, try going on a casein-free diet for a month. An improvement in your symptoms during that time period will indicate that your body does not handle casein well.

Found this about casein. I definitely have the BLOAT with dairy and it will last for days! I'm going to try to do the wholeprimal75 dairy free and see what happens.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
      Gastrointestinal problems, such as diarrhea, bloating and abdominal cramps, are common symptoms of a food intolerance, but some people can also experience joint pain, fatigue and behavioral changes. .
      Sounds a bit like fibro..........
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Good luck on your plan tomi!!! I'm cheering you on from way down here in south Texas!! My plan is going to be very similar to yours...I'm starting Jan 1! It's a new year & a new beginning!!
        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
          Yes, yes it does...

There are curry recipes out there that use coconut milk. Maybe you could try one of those? Mark has one on his site somewhere, I believe. Quite honestly, the first time I'd even seen a curry recipe was with coconut milk, so I didn't even realize it was made with regular dairy milk. Good luck with the dairy free test.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hi,
            I'm new here and interested in learning more about a whole primal 30. Is there a more strict list for that (than the PB)? Is it not the 80/20?
            If there's a group doing it, I'd love to join to get/give support.
            Thx
            K

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
              Weird huh? maybe I never had fibro at all............ maybe it was all due to sugar, wheat and dairy! UGH!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                Yes, yes it does...

There are curry recipes out there that use coconut milk. Maybe you could try one of those? Mark has one on his site somewhere, I believe. Quite honestly, the first time I'd even seen a curry recipe was with coconut milk, so I didn't even realize it was made with regular dairy milk. Good luck with the dairy free test.
                I believe TRUE India food is made with coconut milk/cream. Since most of India is Hindu - and cows are sacred I don't believe they are allowed to "harvest" the cows milk for human consumption. I don't KNOW this for a fact - but it certainly makes sense. Plus - coconut is a widely used staple in India. Next time we make curry I'll suggest we try it with coconut milk instead of dairy.

I wonder if yogurt is any better than milk/cream on the casein issue. ???? anyone know???
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by kmarie View Post
                  Hi,
                  I'm new here and interested in learning more about a whole primal 30. Is there a more strict list for that (than the PB)? Is it not the 80/20?
                  If there's a group doing it, I'd love to join to get/give support.
                  Thx
                  K
                  Hi Kmarie! Welcome to my world.

Whole primal is pretty much just 100% primal - no 20%. Some people do this on a regular basis. I'm doing it to try to fix my gut and take off some poundage.

The basics............ nothing processed....... no wheat, sugar or fake sugar (honey ok in MODERATION), no legumes. Rice is okay maybe once a week. Dark chocolate is okay if its really dark and only in tiny bits. NO crap oils!! and dairy only if you can tolerate it with NO issues. I'm trying to go dairy free cuz I bloat when I have dairy. At least ice cream and heavy cream. Butter I'm not sure of - but I've made my own ghee and will be using that.

Did I leave anything out???
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• I read most of this thread and it is great. I really congratulate you on your work. I have been struggling because I was really doing well, then some bumps in life, and I just gave up. It was like a deathstyle, not a lifestyle. I now have problems with my joints, so I --finally-- realized I have to get back on board. I know when I got rid of the refined carbs, I felt really great and I wasn't so hungry.
                    Thanks for what you have written, it is encouraging!

Comment

• Originally posted by doublehelix View Post
                      I read most of this thread and it is great. I really congratulate you on your work. I have been struggling because I was really doing well, then some bumps in life, and I just gave up. It was like a deathstyle, not a lifestyle. I now have problems with my joints, so I --finally-- realized I have to get back on board. I know when I got rid of the refined carbs, I felt really great and I wasn't so hungry.
                      Thanks for what you have written, it is encouraging!
                      Doublehelix! Thanks for joining in on the fun!! It's wonderful to hear that I've been encouraging.......... I haven't been terribly successful with the weight issues - but I have won the battle with fibro You can get back on the primal path again! Just set your mind to it and don't look anywhere but forward! Get back to feeling great and you'll be stronger and more able to stay the course.

I've got my 40% - and now I'm ready to conquer the 60% that will get me healthy and strong!

Okay............ daily report.

No rum....... I had a couple on Saturday - so Sunday was my official no alcohol start as well as my wholeprimal start.

Food today: eggs and bacon, 2 squares dark chocolate, a large piece of halibut fried in olive oil and a touch of butter with a large potato topped with ghee.

I walked a programmed 30 minutes on the treadmill that had varying degree's in incline, speed 2.2 mph.

Day 2 done and on track!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yay for 2days!

I like your concise description of Whole Primal.
                        I'm doing it too. I am trying to give myself the miraculous gift of a perfectly clean, Primal holiday.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• [QUOTE=tomi;1383161]Hi Kmarie! Welcome to my world.

Thanks, Tomi!

Dark chocolate is okay if its really dark and only in tiny bits.

How much dark chocolate is okay? I started with a square or 2, but if hungry while out (which is always these days I grab a bar and eat way more! I get soy free, 85% +, but probably too much;(
                          I think I need to get over the mindset of NEEDING something to eat while out or just on the way home from the market (blush...I'm only 5 min away).

I believe I read you're eliminating FODMAPS as well. I am too save for a few on the low list, like some avocado.
                          Here's a great table showing FODMAPs in PRIMAL foods:

http://66.147.244.139/~thepale8/wp-c...DMAP-Table.jpg

Have a great day!
                          K

Comment

• I have had to give up yogurt because of the bloating. You won't know until you try if it affects you.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Dairy is actually used quite extensively in Indian culture. I believe it's considered a gift, seeing as it comes from cows. I have a friend from Nepal and her family is Hindu (I don't think she practices though). I've only ever made curry with coconut milk!

Good luck on your Whole-whatever! Hahaha, I've lost track of how long you're doing it for . I am sure you will rock it!

As for casein in yogurt, I did investigate this at one point. Casein is unaffected by the fermentation process, only lactose is reduced. I would suggest you try goats milk AFTER your Whole-whatever, as it has a different kind of lactose & is generally considered more easily digestible (more like human milk than cow's milk is). Otherwise, it's probably best to just eliminate it altogether.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• It is definitely a "what works for me" trial and error. I found that goats milk, while not as reactive as cows milk, still causes me problems. It may be fine for you.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X