No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure you hold your breath (assuming the instructions are similar to the SIBO test) before breathing into the tube. Or at least follow the instructions to the letter
    Depression Lies

Comment

• It just says to take in a deep breath, blow into the tube completely and the cap it.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I've done 3 tubes........... its 11:15 and I haven't eaten since 9 pm last night. Getting hungry......... I don't know how Sabine can go 5 days without food! It boggles my mind! I've done 21 hour fasts but that's my limit. My system just can't handle any longer than that.

I have one more tube....... 45 minutes to go. Then I'm eating some eggs!

It's Friday night......... supposed to be sushi night - but we're going to a Christmas concert at our church with a large group of friends, and then everyone is coming over for dessert after. So, no sushi tonight - and I need to come up with a dessert. I'm not eating it so it will be junk food. I'm thinking about making a batch of brown sugar cookies with oatmeal and getting a gallon of vanilla ice cream. Sounds good.

Its been snowing all morning - but baby little nothing flakes. There is an accumulation but just enough to cover the concrete - nothing to speak of really. However, I have seen a couple cars slipping around the corner in front of our house so I know the streets are slick. I have 4x4 on my Pathfinder, but even that's not effective if the tires are slipping on slick roads.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• test done, boxed and ready to mail. With any luck I will have the results early next week. So far no gut issues from drinking the fructose. Time for bacon and eggs!

Its Friday - hubby will want rum tonight, or if not tonight, then surely tomorrow. I'm hoping not. I don't want any. I'm feeling good - and I want to stay this way. My head is clear and I feel I more energy I'm realizing that only drinking on the weekends makes me sluggish all week.

I'm going to eat my eggs/bacon and then get on the treadmill for 30 minutes - then tackle the work I brought home, some misc household chores and make a run to the store for ice cream. I also need to bake the cookies.

Check off 30 minutes on the treadmill while watching CARS love that movie!
          Last edited by tomi; 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Weight - no change

No rum last night

Food yesterday: calories 1390, carbs 25%, fat 46%, protein 30%

I ate a couple of the brown sugar cookies. and I was hurting because of the sugar! my legs were aching!!! lasted about 20 minutes and it was gone. Lots of water seems to flush it quickly.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Confession time............

I had a little rum over the weekend - in fact I made a LOT of bad choices over the weekend! Lots of gluten. I usually don't make so many bad choices all at the same time. I guess I just needed to take off the armor for a couple days.

I've been doing this for 2 years now......... I have "slips" here and there - but I've been pretty good at not completely falling off the wagon. I ate ice cream (practically all natural though), had rum/diet coke, about 10 butter crackers with my homemade salmon dip! yummy! The absolute worst thing was stopping at Burgerville and getting a Turkey Club and fries on Sunday afternoon after visiting a friend in the hospital. We drove 1.25 hours to visit him - stayed 2 hours, and we were both very hungry (skipped breakfast cuz we were running late) so we pulled into the best choice we had. The sandwich was really good - and I haven't had fast food fries for 2 years! They were okay.

No terrible ill effects so far.

Still waiting on the results of my breath test. I mailed it back on Friday. So - I should be getting the results soon.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I started feeling bad about an hour ago. Paybacks for bad choices.

Seems like there are lots of crazy things happening in the forums lately. All kinds of odd ball ideas and so not primal food advice. I pretty much stay away from the general posts and just read the journals that I have subscribed too - its safer that way. I think some people have faded away. I know Paleobird left a while back.

I still wish Judg was here........ she was a sweetie.
                Last edited by tomi; 12-09-2013, 01:57 PM.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Fructose Malabsorption test .................. NEGATIVE.

I scored a 2. A value of 20 or higher is positive.

Now what? Now I don't know what to look for - what direction to go. UGH! FRUSTRATION BEYOND BELIEF!!!!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                    Fructose Malabsorption test .................. NEGATIVE.

I scored a 2. A value of 20 or higher is positive.

Now what? Now I don't know what to look for - what direction to go. UGH! FRUSTRATION BEYOND BELIEF!!!!
                    My suggestion is and has been:
                    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
                    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
                    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
                    Don't track food.
                    Don"t tweak.
                    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
                    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.
                    Don't jump into anything you decide today, tomorrow, or even in the next few weeks.With the holidays I see that as setting yourself up to fail. Use this time to practice.
                    Set January 1 as your start date and think about what you will do when that day comes. Write it down, read it,think about it daily, commit to it.

I see your issues similar to mine. It took time/months to see improvement. I just had to stick to my plan to get healthy. I did not waiver, tweak, or try anything/everything new every time success wasn't immediate or issues flared.

Even today, things will flare up or go off the rails if I go far off plan. And to be clear, after almost 5 years, part of my plan is planned indulgences and I have also gone off the rails--more than once.

Comment

• Thanks, Marcadav.......... I will do just that.

Feeling so defeated today!!! I thought for SURE that test would come back positive and I'd have a solid direction to follow.

My right shoulder is getting worse and I have got to see a doctor!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• You're welcome. Why not call your doctor and see if she will order an ultrasound? The ultrasound findings will give you/her somewhere to start.

When I had mine the ultrasound tech told me everything he found and didn't find. He also told me the likely treatment and he was correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                          My suggestion is and has been:
                          Do 30-60 days clean primal.
                          No grains, sugar, alcohol.
                          Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
                          Don't track food.
                          Don"t tweak.
                          Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
                          Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.
                          Don't jump into anything you decide today, tomorrow, or even in the next few weeks.With the holidays I see that as setting yourself up to fail. Use this time to practice.
                          Set January 1 as your start date and think about what you will do when that day comes. Write it down, read it,think about it daily, commit to it.

I see your issues similar to mine. It took time/months to see improvement. I just had to stick to my plan to get healthy. I did not waiver, tweak, or try anything/everything new every time success wasn't immediate or issues flared.

Even today, things will flare up or go off the rails if I go far off plan. And to be clear, after almost 5 years, part of my plan is planned indulgences and I have also gone off the rails--more than once.
                          I've said it before...but evidently I don't listen to myself! Marcadav is wise! I'm going to print this out & put it were I can read it every day!!! I need to go back to the basics. I think we get so caught up in trying anything we can to find something, anything that works & works quick...that we forget the simple aspect of paleo/primal...& to give it time! The key is to heal the body first...then it will work efficiently. Why is that concept so hard to grasp? (Speaking for myself) I have some serious talking to myself to do before Jan 1.

I hope you can get your shoulder issues resolved tomi. Your test results were interesting. At least now you know. Don't beat yourself about the bad choices...just start now to do better at making those choices! We can do it! Hugs!
                          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                            I think we get so caught up in trying anything we can to find something, anything that works & works quick...
                            Thanks for the complement, PC.

The questions that came to mind when I read the quote above were, What are you working on/towards/for and what constitutes success? Why is quickness important?

Comment

• Poking my head in as I catch up. Good job on those days without rum. Too bad for the weekend slip-up. Onward!

And...if you feel better avoiding fructose/FODMAPS, who cares what the test says, just do it!

Comment

• haven't found my groove to the straight and narrow yet..............

went to a party last night (loads of fun!) prime rib and mashed potatoes for dinner! I ate a couple cookies and some pumpkin bread for dessert.

Trying to wrap my head around being 100% primal.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X