No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a good idea, Jenn - but by that time of the day I'm too tired out to think about exercise I bought some no butter popcorn - for now that will be sufficient. I'm tracking macro's again so I think I will be able to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm trying to keep my calories between 1200-1400.

No rum last night

Weight 189 (-2)
    Yesterday macros: 1238 calories. carbs: 30% fat: 48% protein: 21%

Last night sleep was awful! My shoulder is causing some trouble with sleeping - plus hubby is snoring loudly again even with the Breathe Right strips (at first they worked great - but not now) and at 12:30 am the freakin' smoke detector started chirping!!!! Damn batteries! I tried to get hubby to fix it - but that would have required getting the ladder (we have vaulted ceilings) - and he wasn't going to do it. He slept right through it! I went down to the couch with a couple warm blankets and my pillow, glass of water, morning thyroid pill and cell phone. UGH! I slept maybe a total of 5 hours, broken up with many wake-ups. We have the guest room, but there is no heat in that room unless I want to turn on the little wall heater. The room is about 50 degrees, and the memory foam mattress is also about 50 degrees! BURRR! The couch was the better choice. My ear plugs helped drown out the noise of the pellet stove, but the constant bright light of the fire coming on kept waking me up. I'm hoping for a better nights sleep tonight!!!!

Have several errands to run before work today so I should get moving. Hope the day is good for all!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Has your husband had a CT scan to check his sinuses? That might be the cause of his snoring. Maybe he needs to have a roto-rooter done to clear the passages so he snores less. Or maybe it's apnea. Untreated apnea is terrible hard on his body and can cause death (heart attack). If I recall we talked about apnea once before, but I don't remember what the discussion was on it.

I hope tonight's sleep is better than last night's.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• No, he hasn't had anything checked. If he would just lose about 25 pounds his snoring would go back to the quiet little hum that I enjoyed when we first got married. Its just his weight. He has apnea once in a while, but mostly when he's stressed. He's never had a sleep study, but once in a while I will have to nudge him cuz he quits breathing. I know apnea is a very dangerous thing, I've talked to him about it, but he won't talk to the doctor about it. It hard enough just to get him to the doctor once a year to have his check up. He is a man you know!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• work is boring today. I'm caught up for the week and I want to go home...... but I need the hours. I have other work I could do! The night of poor sleep is really making me drag...........!!! ugh! I hate feeling this way.

Since I'm doing the fodmaps diet again I can't eat cauliflower or broccoli - my favorite veggies. This makes me sad. I've been having protein and a white potato for dinner the past several days. I think tonight I'll do carrots.

No tummy troubles today - a slight distressing feeling, but no pains and no urges to run for the bathroom. In fact no BM at all. I'm planning to be very strict with this fodmaps diet this time.

I found a commercial salad dressing that used canola oil instead of soybean oil. Not the best in the primal world, but will work in a pinch I think. I should learn to make a good BV and olive oil dressing.

okay........ back to it. I have file drawers that need cleaning out.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Are you still using kombucha?
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Yes, but not as much. I drink about 1/2 bottle daily now. I'm still taking the probiotic. I've reduced my daily supplements to only one probiotic and 5000 IU vitamin D3.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think the bacon I had with dinner must have been going bad. I started feeling a little queasy before bed and all night long I kept waking up feeling like I might need to throw up. I didn't, but upon waking at 7:30 I needed to use the bathroom. Definitely not the same tummy troubles as I normally have. The pain was different and less intense. I think I'm okay now - that queasy feeling is gone.

I didn't have any rum last night and no snacks either.

Weight 190 (+1) .......... technically +0.4 cuz I didn't report the .6 yesterday. Whatever --- ounces don't matter to me too much. I'm figuring its inflammation from whatever bad stuff went through my gut.

Yesterdays macros: Calories: 1293, Carbs 26%, Fat 41%, Protein 31%. Wonder why it never seems to add up to a straight 100%. I use Calorie King.

My shoulder was pretty bad when I got home from work yesterday. This morning it feels pretty good

So, Friday night we're going to the Christmas program at church. That's always a good production. Would love to be able to see Sioban's show, but that's a rather long trip

I don't have much to say so I won't blab on and on. Have a good all!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• The percentages don't add up b/c of errors in rounding.

Glad the shoulder is feeling better. Congratulations on no rum! That's great.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm still struggling with the idea of not eating enough calories. WHEN I don't have any snacks or rum, my calories run between 1200-1500. Usually closer to 1200. When I do the "how many calories" calculations I come up with needing to eat closer to the 1500. I KNOW when I have rum - it doesn't matter what I'm eating I won't lose - I don't always gain - but I definitely don't lose.

I'm going to see what happens over the next 2 weeks. I'm eating just over 1200 calories most days. If I don't see at least a one pound loss per week I'm going to increase my calories to closer to 1500. I will do this by eating one more egg in the morning and adding more fat to dinner. A couple TB of ghee and one egg should be enough to bring it up.

Also - I've been a sloth and haven't been doing any exercise for about a month now. I need to change that. I'm not sure if I can jump rope with my shoulder pain (I will try) - but I can walk on the treadmill and I can do legwork on the bowflex. I can also do squats and lunges. I have it on my mental calendar to start this tomorrow. I'm going to put in my phone to remind me when I get home from work. (DONE!) One trouble with jumping rope is not being able to get myself into the sports bra to keep the girls contained while I jump. There is no way I can get in and out of that thing by myself. I need to do things that are not hindered by my shoulder pain. I bought one of the sports bra's with the front hookies --- but the sizing was WAY off - or else it severely shrunk in the wash. I'd need to be about a 34A to wear it......... and I'm a 38D.

I'm at work........ shouldn't be on MDA. Break over.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Feeling a bit like I'm getting sick............. sneezing, feverish and blurry brained. Great.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yech. Get well soon!
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hope you feel better soon.

Don't worry about the calories for now. Just avoid the bad stuff and get some clean days under your belt. This is what I am telling myself too.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• How's your no-rum situation?

Comment

• thanks

Food yesterday: Calories: 1300 Carbs 29%, Fats 38%, Proteins 32% ............ not my best.

NO rum last night

Bible study in a couple hours. Wondering if the "girl" will be here. She hasn't talked to anyone since we let her boyfriend go from the boatshop. I'm a little stressed over it.

Feeling a bit scattered.......... its time to start preparing for tax time at the boatshop. I'm having to counsel my mother about spending over her budget and depleting her checking account. I'm feeling pulling in too many directions at work. I'm supposed to be taking on another mini-job of helping my best friends (and my bosses) parents with their monthly expenses - basic bookkeeping. I'm not good when I have too many irons in the fire My manager throws things on my desk that he doesn't want to do - busy work stuff. But some of them are way out of my area of expertise. I brought home a file of stuff to work on tomorrow since I'll be home all day alone (rescheduled mom day to this afternoon cuz its threatening to snow) - but when I told him that was my plan he wanted to know why I needed to bring it home. I don't like having to justify things it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. When he hired me he told me there would certain things that I could at home. I don't know - maybe he was just being grumpy. But I'm feeling kind of down on myself --- like I should be able to get it all done at work and not have to bring things home. I will admit there are days when I have time to work on some of the busy stuff but I just can't wrap my brain around it. He's in this "unclutter" mode right now and I just need to ride the wave and do what I can to help cuz our office is in SERIOUS need of being uncluttered!!! I think he's been reprimanded by his partner (who is my boss, and technically his) to stop being such a pack rat!!! He SAVES EVERYTHING!

Anyway.......... I'm feeling stressed!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good morning! Happy Friday!

Weight - 188 (-2)

Yesterdays numbers: Calories 1145, carbs 37%, fat 35%, protein 31% ........... This seems to be my sweet spot cuz my weight is dropping and I'm feeling really good.

No rum last night (6 days now) even though hubby offered to pour me one after bible study. I declined

The "girl" came to the bible study - we were very surprised that she came. There is no indication that she will be discontinuing. She didn't bring up anything about her boyfriend needing a job since we had to let him go from the boatshop. She didn't ask for prayer for him to find a job, which I was expecting, and not one word about it. It was very odd. She was pleasant as always, didn't seem upset. Her behavior was the same -- fidgeting and not really "engaged" ....... in fact at one point she stopped the conversation and said "what are we talking about, I'm totally lost and confused" ......... turned out she was not even in the right chapter. She did the usually thing......... we're talking about Jesus talking to the Jewish rulers, and she starts telling us about the farmer down the road who they found dead in his field and her brothers dog who was barfing all night and her writing teacher not accepting her paper, but then she did............. Oh my............ I'm pretty convinced Asperger's is the issue here. I have a feeling she has never been diagnosed. It is still very frustrating to deal with her constant disruption, but at least I know, or thing I know the cause and that makes it much easier to deal with.

My Fructose Malabsorption test came in the mail Wednesday -- I am going to do it today. I have to be fasting for 12 hours, and I can't eat, sleep or exercise during the 4 hour test. I start at 9:00 am with the baseline blow. Then I drink the fructose drink, that I have to mix with water from a powder in a pouch. Then I blow after one, two and three hours. There is 1 test tube to blow into each hour. I quickly recap them, and return them asap. The lab will send me the results via email within 24 hours of receiving the completed test. I'm SOOO anxious to find out!!! I'm almost convinced this is the trouble though - because since following the safe list on the fodmaps table I have not been sick at all, except for a little discomfort after eating dinner. And I think that is due to eating 3 eggs for breakfast and then nothing for 8 hours, then a good sized dinner. I always seem to get gassy after dinner............ lots of belching! (how lady-like!!!) ......... (hubby thinks its sexy! he's so weird! )

Okay.......... I just did the baseline and drank the glass of fructose water. I am already having gastric issues! Bubbling and churning and feeling a bit nauseous. I expect a full blown bowel cleaning from this test. I would expect if I am fructose intolerant then drinking a glass of it will have some very unpleasant effects.

Its SNOWING!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X