Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Agreed, hopefully as the group's hostess, Tomi needs to take the high road. Ironing out group dynamics without hurting feelings is a monumental task. I would say prayers are in order.
    I'm hosting, but I'm not leading. Another woman is leading. She's a college professor and she's also totally at a loss with how to deal with this girl.

Honestly, I expect she'll quit coming because we let her boyfriend go (fired him) from the boatshop. I'm sure she's upset about that since it will put a kink in her wedding plans - not that they are engaged - but she's sure they are getting married soon.
    Last edited by tomi; 11-27-2013, 02:38 PM.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• It seems that there was not enough information in your original post then b/c what you just said is not what I read in the original post. To me, it sounded like she talked too much about what she was learning, not just speaking randomly. If you'll notice, I wasn't the only person with the same opinion about how to deal with her - tolerance, just get through it, blah blah blah. I wasn't trying to chastizing you for voicing your frustration - it's your journal to do just that in. I was trying to provide a different perspective for you to see (the girl who was finding value in what she was learning and applying it to her life and how this is a good thing, even if annoying). Now that you mention it's RANDOM unrelated stuff, I understand the frustration.

maybe now that you've fired her boyfriend, she'll want nothing to do with your group. Silver linings.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I thought I expressed the randomness of her ranting. This isn't the most ideal method of communicating.

This was in my first comment about it:

She talks about totally unrelated things in the middle of the bible study - and I swear she thinks she's pulling off some kind of filibuster or something! She'll start down one rabbit trail and then veer off into another and then another and another.......... we have to be very cleaver in how we stop her talking and get the conversation back on track.
        Last edited by tomi; 11-27-2013, 02:51 PM.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yep... my bad. Goes to show a single word makes a world of difference.

Comment

• Phew........... I'm glad that's cleared up!

On to other things................
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Your leader needs to say "that's [great/too bad/tragic/excellent/whatever applies] but let's save the sidebar converasations for during break or after our meetimg" when she gets off topic. Spell it out with crayons.

Could it be also that this girl has something fundamentally wrong with her that is causing her to act the way she does, ie ADHD?

Or my personal favorite: in the head out the mouth syndrome.
              Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-27-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• My gut is all screwed up again and I don't know why.

I'm being very careful to avoid soy - even checked ALL my supplements to make sure none of them have soy - stopped the Vit. D3 because it has soybean oil. Bought new that does not have soybean oil, in fact it has MCT.

Food was bad last week with the apple pie from Marie Callendars ....... maybe this is still the effects of the soy. I've read it can take several weeks for the effects to stop. I need to be patient I guess.

Diarrhea for most of the past 3 weeks. I'm not talking just some lose stools here - I'm talking "did I swallow a box of XLax?" .......... fun times. What the hell am I eating that is causing this? I'm considering picking ONE SINGLE thing and eating ONLY that for week, then add in ONE SINGLE thing at a time until I find what is causing this!!! I need to keep a more detailed food diary. I track, but there are days that I don't.

Maybe I need to revisit the Virgin Diet and stay with it for more than 5 days. I'm going to do some more research on this. Could I be getting TOO much probiotics now?
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  Your leader needs to say "that's [great/too bad/tragic/excellent/whatever applies] but let's save the sidebar converasations for during break or after our meetimg" when she gets off topic. Spell it out with crayons.

Could it be also that this girl has something fundamentally wrong with her that is causing her to act the way she does, ie ADHD?

Or my personal favorite: in the head out the mouth syndrome.
                  BINGO! She's ODD for sure! No social skills......... and absolutely has no filters to keep her from barfing every thought that comes to mind.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• There's a word for that: Aspergers.

I suffer from in the head out the mouth syndrome at times but not terribly. Some days I can apply the filter. Usually it presents itself when I express my opinion and is usually not random. Some call it being opinionated biatch. A badge I am proud to wear. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                      BINGO! She's ODD for sure! No social skills......... and absolutely has no filters to keep her from barfing every thought that comes to mind.
                      Possibly Aspergers, but difficult to diagnose without talking to her. If she has no social skills that fits.
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Re the glitter "down there"...this was a joke making the email rounds tons of times & still comes around again occasionally...I'll bet she didn't really do it...but "borrowed" the joke & made it about her. Unless she was the one that started the joke! lol.

Tomi...your tummy troubles sound a bit like stress. With having to let an employee go...& the "chatty Kathy" girl...maybe that is the culprit? Just throwing some ideas out there. I hope you are able to pin down what is causing this again. It's no fun.

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!!
                        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I have heard the glitter down there joke too. Definitely wildly inapprpriate for a woman her age.

Comment

• Asperger's syndrome symptoms include:
                            * Engaging in one-sided, long-winded conversations, without noticing if the listener is listening or trying to change the subject
                            * Displaying unusual nonverbal communication, such as lack of eye contact, few facial expressions, or awkward body postures and gestures
                            * Showing an intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects, such as baseball statistics, train schedules, weather or snakes
                            * Appearing not to understand, empathize with or be sensitive to others' feelings
                            * Having a hard time "reading" other people or understanding humor
                            * Speaking in a voice that is monotonous, rigid or unusually fast
                            * Moving clumsily, with poor coordination

Interesting I've never considered she might have some type of disorder.......... This certainly fits her quite perfectly. She was born VERY premature and its a miracle she lived at all. She's only 21, but already has macular degeneration and other health issues. You may be right!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• It's amazing how many adults aren't diagnosed, we just chalk them up as socially awkward! Doesn't help the situation, but somehow may help you tolerate it. I do agree that the leader needs to take charge. She would never allow that behavior in her classroom, I'm sure.
                              Female 55
                              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yes, realizing it could be something other than just an extremely irritating personality trait makes it easier to deal with.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X